User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thinking of the top photo, I think Lindsey looked handsome in 1981-1982. He just looked different and maybe a little more generic than I'd like. Michele
I think that's it exactly. I think that's what makes the above photo better though, than others from that time, 'cause he has a little mystery or something to his expression.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He did mention that when they performed for Clinton, he felt less pressure behind his guitar, which allows him to go crazy, without looking ridiculous, if he wants, whereas someone like Stevie is more exposed on the stage.

Michele
That does make sense. I mean, when he's performing with Fleetwood Mac, for the most part nobody is really looking at him. Stevie practically has her neon signs saying "Look at me" above her head, where Lindsey can use his instrument as a way of slipping into the background of her. At least until he forces attention with his incredibly solos and silly antics I don't think I'll ever get over the Dad Dancing on the Live In Boston DVD. I just wanted to get onto that stage and dance like a Monkey with him
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I think that's it exactly. I think that's what makes the above photo better though, than others from that time, 'cause he has a little mystery or something to his expression.
Yes, it's better to me because of his eyes. They're a little mysterious, possibly sinister, giving the look personality.

Michele
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
That does make sense. I mean, when he's performing with Fleetwood Mac, for the most part nobody is really looking at him. Stevie practically has her neon signs saying "Look at me" above her head, where Lindsey can use his instrument as a way of slipping into the background of her. At least until he forces attention with his incredibly solos and silly antics I don't think I'll ever get over the Dad Dancing on the Live In Boston DVD. I just wanted to get onto that stage and dance like a Monkey with him
i don't think that was what LB was referring to re Clinton thing. he was saying they were playing on the WH lawn and that SN felt a bit awkward but he didn't b/c he has a guitar to hide behind / put his hands on.

while i do agree with the neon sign - especially when SN was young, hot, and stoned, from what i've seen of the Unleashed reviews LB usually seem to steal the show every time (unsurprisingly - just look at everybody raving over Small Machine DVD / Palladia shows!) for most people who are uncommitted prior to the show.

and yes, monkey-dance on LiB - mmmmmmm
Old 12-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
These are great! Haven't seen either one before

I don't usually care for the era of the first one, but he looks pretty cute in that shot

...and the second one... just beautiful <33
Absolute total utter perfection!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
have you seen that "spinnin' of the world" vid with Jon Stewart? incredibly cute!
Just watched this for the first time ever - I have no words......except "cute"? Total understatement!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 02-03-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Old 12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post

holidayroad, You never cease to amaze with your same look photos. These are great! Same for today's photos
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
That does make sense. I mean, when he's performing with Fleetwood Mac, for the most part nobody is really looking at him. Stevie practically has her neon signs saying "Look at me" above her head, where Lindsey can use his instrument as a way of slipping into the background of her.
I think Lindsey wears that neon sign a lot more than Stevie does now. And, even though Stevie used that 'dragon boy in her shadow' analogy eons ago, that's never really been the case since they reconvened in '97. Lindsey is such an integral part of FM and always has been, so I've never understood this whole "Stevie stole/steals his thunder" hogwash. Just because she had people fawning over her back in the heyday doesn't mean Lindsey didn't have just as much fawning. Stevie's original position onstage (center stage) automatically made her the "center" of attention, but it doesn't mean she has ever held the most important position in the band -- except for the fact Lindsey wouldn't be in the band without her since he never wanted to join. I've never seen Stevie truly grandstand Lindsey, but I've seen him grandstand all of them.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
-- except for the fact Lindsey wouldn't be in the band without her since he never wanted to join. I've never seen Stevie truly grandstand Lindsey, but I've seen him grandstand all of them.
so says Stevie who contradicts herself all the time and takes credit for all kinds of stuff. like "i was a darn good cleaning lady b/c i'm perfect with every job i do" she says, while Keith Olsen says he made S&L move in with him b/c it was ridiculous paying for the crappy job she was doing...

just recently in Australia Stevie contradicted her own words from earlier in the year when she was the first one to say FM will probably tour but not record in 2012 to blaming everybody else in the band b/c they just repeated what she said - until she changed her mind (and lindsey supported whatever decision she made but said he'd love to know what he's doing in the near future) - but she took a grand stand in the interviews and said "they can say whatever they want, FM will not do anything until I say so!!"

Last edited by elle; 12-02-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i don't think that was what LB was referring to re Clinton thing. he was saying they were playing on the WH lawn and that SN felt a bit awkward but he didn't b/c he has a guitar to hide behind / put his hands on.

while i do agree with the neon sign - especially when SN was young, hot, and stoned, from what i've seen of the Unleashed reviews LB usually seem to steal the show every time (unsurprisingly - just look at everybody raving over Small Machine DVD / Palladia shows!) for most people who are uncommitted prior to the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think Lindsey wears that neon sign a lot more than Stevie does now. And, even though Stevie used that 'dragon boy in her shadow' analogy eons ago, that's never really been the case since they reconvened in '97. Lindsey is such an integral part of FM and always has been, so I've never understood this whole "Stevie stole/steals his thunder" hogwash. Just because she had people fawning over her back in the heyday doesn't mean Lindsey didn't have just as much fawning. Stevie's original position onstage (center stage) automatically made her the "center" of attention, but it doesn't mean she has ever held the most important position in the band -- except for the fact Lindsey wouldn't be in the band without her since he never wanted to join. I've never seen Stevie truly grandstand Lindsey, but I've seen him grandstand all of them.
Alright. I guess I'm wrong on that one. Just my perception, is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This barely even looks like Lindsey, to me. The eyes look a lot different, as well as his cheek structure.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so says Stevie who contradicts herself all the time and takes credit for all kinds of stuff. like "i was a darn good cleaning lady b/c i'm perfect with every job i do" she says, while Keith Olsen says he made S&L move in with him b/c it was ridiculous paying for the crappy job she was doing...

just recently in Australia Stevie contradicted her own words from earlier in the year when she was the first one to say FM will probably tour but not record in 2012 to blaming everybody else in the band b/c they just repeated what she said - until she changed her mind (and lindsey supported whatever decision she made but said he'd love to know what he's doing in the near future) - but she took a grand stand in the interviews and said "they can say whatever they want, FM will not do anything until I say so!!"
Lindsey has more or less said he didn't want to be in FM either. He was happy working on their new BN material. And, he was also pissed they didn't get to leave the band after they became visible, hence the reason Mick et. al. acquiesced for him to do Tusk.

Yes, Stevie certainly contradicts herself - I love to call her on the carpet in the Stevie forum. But, really you have to take all the FM press with a grain of salt -- they are all on the same team at the end of the day and certainly know how to keep people (us) talking. You're right about her last FM comment, but Lindsey has just as much control there as she does: "I told Lindsey I am going to sing in Paris if I have to stand on the street corner! And, he, being his very sweet self said, 'Alright, we'll go to Paris!'."
Old 12-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just stumbled upon these...

Old 12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

My best friend, who isn't an LB fan by any means, has told me that she feels Lindsey was one of the hottest men alive in the 70's specifically when he had the beard.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL