User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I wonder what he worked with her on
I don't know, I don't recall ever hearding about him working with Stevie again after TISL, so it might be something we have yet to see.

It was in her inteview with Dazed last month:

Quote:
CL: Do you have a singular producer or several producers?

LDR: Rick Nowels. He actually did stuff with Stevie Nicks a while ago. He works really well with women. I did the last few records with him. Even with Ultraviolence which I did with Dan (Auerbach), I did the record first with Rick, and then I went to Nashville and reworked the sound with Dan. So, yeah, Rick Nowels is amazing, and these two engineers – with all the records that I’ve worked on with Rick, they did a lot of the production as well. You would love these two guys. They’re just super-innovative. I wanted a bit of a sci-fi f lair for some of the stuff and they had some really cool production ideas. But yeah, that’s pretty much it. I mean, Max Martin –

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/ar...-lust-for-life
Old 05-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I don't know, I don't recall ever hearding about him working with Stevie again after TISL, so it might be something we have yet to see.

Kind of a vague remark. Awhile ago could mean a few weeks ago or many years.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Kind of a vague remark. Awhile ago could mean a few weeks ago or many years.
That's true but 16-7 years seem a bit of a stretch.
Or maybe she doesn't have any idea of what she's talking about, I have to admit that sometimes she gives that impression to me.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Would not have thought Stevie would be attracted to Lana's melodramatic style but I'm definitely going to give this song a chance! I loved Born to Die and Paradise but her last few albums have fallen flat for me. Stevie and Lana have such different voices and styles that it's hard to imagine them working together.

seriously?

i think they're styles and voices are VERY similar
we must be listening to 2 different people.

you do have to remember Lana is only like 30

Quote:
But I'd say it could very well sound like a Lana del Rey song title. Actually I'd say the "Mirror" part is very Stevie while the smoke part is probably very Lana?

eeep! ita!
i hope it's a co-write
LDR is very old school nostalgia
and Stevie is all mystical fairy tale
it's going to be AMAZING

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 05-08-2017 at 04:52 AM..
Old 05-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I believe he co-wrote some songs with Stevie that ended up on Say You Will.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I believe he co-wrote some songs with Stevie that ended up on Say You Will.
It's true I didn't remember that, he's listed as a co-writer for Everybody Finds Out, but I don't know which year it dates back to.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

According to this post, the song featuring Stevie Nicks is called "Beautiful People":

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Lust_for_Life_(album)

Regardless, very excited for this release.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
According to this post, the song featuring Stevie Nicks is called "Beautiful People":

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Lust_for_Life_(album)

Regardless, very excited for this release.
Very interesting!
This was the source article:

In that sense, Del Rey is championing the same values as her influential predecessors, few and far as they may be, or as bamboozled by the power systems in which they thrived. Consider “Beautiful People,” where she trades verses and coalesces on the chorus with the one and only Stevie Nicks, of whom I refer to as a bonafide badass. “I didn’t know what to except or that I could even ask her, Del Rey remarks. “When I went through ideas of women that could really add something to the record, she was the one we kept coming back to. ‘Bonafide badass’ is a great phrase for her. She’s really real. And she’s still ****ing touring, which baffles me. There are so few women doing that. You’ve got Courtney Love, who works, sings, tours… there’s not that many women who were making music in the ’70s or ’80s who still make music. It really is pretty crazy.”

http://www.flaunt.com/content/people/lana-del-rey
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Very interesting!
This was the source article:

In that sense, Del Rey is championing the same values as her influential predecessors, few and far as they may be, or as bamboozled by the power systems in which they thrived. Consider “Beautiful People,” where she trades verses and coalesces on the chorus with the one and only Stevie Nicks, of whom I refer to as a bonafide badass. “I didn’t know what to except or that I could even ask her, Del Rey remarks. “When I went through ideas of women that could really add something to the record, she was the one we kept coming back to. ‘Bonafide badass’ is a great phrase for her. She’s really real. And she’s still ****ing touring, which baffles me. There are so few women doing that. You’ve got Courtney Love, who works, sings, tours… there’s not that many women who were making music in the ’70s or ’80s who still make music. It really is pretty crazy.”

http://www.flaunt.com/content/people/lana-del-rey
I'm excited to hear this collaboration, but Lana D. is a bit uninformed about the number of women from the ’70s and ’80s still making music. Joan Jett is still successfully touring and recording; Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart released an album recently and are still touring; Debbie Harry and Blondie just released a new album; Pat Benatar still tours; Cyndi Lauper is on the road with Rod Stewart; and Stevie's own bandmate, Christine McVie, has a new album coming out and will hit the road this summer. That's a lot of women from that era still out there killing it. Love Stevie, but she's not the only one....
Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I'm excited to hear this collaboration, but Lana D. is a bit uninformed about the number of women from the ’70s and ’80s still making music. Joan Jett is still successfully touring and recording; Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart released an album recently and are still touring; Debbie Harry and Blondie just released a new album; Pat Benatar still tours; Cyndi Lauper is on the road with Rod Stewart; and Stevie's own bandmate, Christine McVie, has a new album coming out and will hit the road this summer. That's a lot of women from that era still out there killing it. Love Stevie, but she's not the only one....
That is still not many people and she's not going to give a concise answer.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The song was written in 2015 by Lana and Justin Parker.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
seriously?

i think they're styles and voices are VERY similar
we must be listening to 2 different people.

you do have to remember Lana is only like 30
I stand by my opinion! Lana's voice is whispery and silky, whereas Stevie sings in an earnest vibrato. Lana's lyrics are (for the most part) grounded in reality, focusing on themes of youth, lust, and Hollywood. Stevie's are more fairy-tale-esque, focusing on cautionary tales and the pitfalls of real love and personal fulfillment. I say this as a fan of both artists! I'm still very excited to hear the song and find out first hand what they sound like together.

Not to mention that working with Lana brings Stevie one step closer to potentially meeting (and dare I fantasize, working with) The Weeknd... That would be so cool!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I stand by my opinion! Lana's voice is whispery and silky, whereas Stevie sings in an earnest vibrato. Lana's lyrics are (for the most part) grounded in reality, focusing on themes of youth, lust, and Hollywood. Stevie's are more fairy-tale-esque, focusing on cautionary tales and the pitfalls of real love and personal fulfillment. I say this as a fan of both artists! I'm still very excited to hear the song and find out first hand what they sound like together.

Not to mention that working with Lana brings Stevie one step closer to potentially meeting (and dare I fantasize, working with) The Weeknd... That would be so cool!
That would be very interesting. Stevie did say recently that she liked his work so maybe that could be in the cards for the future...
Old 05-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you, BlueLight, I thought my original entry with the tracklist was iffy, but I'm glad it started a conversation. So looking forward to 'Beautiful People'...if only it would be released as a lead single!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
Thank you, BlueLight, I thought my original entry with the tracklist was iffy, but I'm glad it started a conversation. So looking forward to 'Beautiful People'...if only it would be released as a lead single!
Sure thing! I know - I keep checking to see if she's dropping it as a single