User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Amen to Stevie and Mick and the rest of the band. Lindsey's gone. The real witch is dead.
When you think about it, the band's decision to oust Lindsey demonstrated foresight and excellent business acumen since the old bugger can no longer sing (after the 'heart attack'). If he'd still been in the band, his illness/surgery would have interrupted their plans and put the latest leg of the tour in jeopardy. What a relief.
You are an attention seeking piece of work arent you? Go put on your Stevie dress.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You are an attention seeking piece of work arent you? Go put on your Stevie dress.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-09-2019, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

The cover of Lindsey's upcoming album?

Make Fleetwood Mac Great Again
Old 03-09-2019, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Is it really necessary to bring that here???????? Really?
Old 03-09-2019, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I love you! I owe you....10 drinks!
Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I love you! I owe you....10 drinks!
I second that. To compare you with someone as nasty as that Stevie fan....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They're all putting on a pretty face for the tour. They have to be positive about it. But they all know what a ****TY farewell tour this is. The set list, dynamic, and musical arrangements are absolutely embarrassing. It was a BAD move firing Buckingham.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
They're all putting on a pretty face for the tour. They have to be positive about it. But they all know what a ****TY farewell tour this is. The set list, dynamic, and musical arrangements are absolutely embarrassing. It was a BAD move firing Buckingham.
Such a bad move. I cry myself to sleep every night knowing that I will never have the privilege to sit through fifteen minutes of I'm So Afraid ever again.

But in all seriousness, I do actually miss Bleed to Love Her, and I had hoped for a Rumours 5 live performance of Steal Your Heart Away, On With the Show and Carnival Begin. And again, in all seriousness, I think their version of Black Magic Woman is terrific.

Last edited by secret love; 03-09-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that IS the news - that even after Lindsey's heart attack Mick's interviews are NOT any different than the whole last year. after seeing how all they did to him affected Lindsey, or just even after someone who was a friend, family and co-worker for the last 40+ years almost died, we were all hoping that will stop Mick from spitting on Lindsey and from trying to make him barely relevant in FM history. it didn't. so that's news. Mick is even lower piece of dirt than we though he was. there are no excuses for him anymore.

here, from few years ago - he just happily goes bankrupt and screws freinds and family in order to get bailed out. but you can screw people over some, or way more than you need to. Mick is going way over the top.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...cNWuLAJC1xdwbs

Mick Fleetwood likens himself to Donald Trump: 'I have lost track of the number of times I have gone bankrupt'
The Fleetwood Mac co-founder said he 'carried on like nothing had happened'

Daisy Wyatt @daisy_wyatt
Sunday 26 October 2014 15:58

Mick Fleetwood said he has ‘lost count’ of how many times he has been made bankrupt.

The Fleetwood Mac co-founder first went bankrupt in 1984, but said he can’t remember how many times he has been declared bankrupt since.

The drummer told The Sunday Telegraph's Seven magazine: “I'm like Donald Trump. I think he's been bankrupt about seven times.

“You pay off what debts you can. You do what you are told by your accountant. I really didn't have much to do with it. I carried on like nothing had happened.”

He said that has been blessed with “cartloads of money” in his time and recalled going to Ghana wearing a huge rolex watch when he first went bankrupt in 1984.

“If you are going to be without money, you may as well be in Africa where nobody has any money. I got there, got blind drunk, I had this big old Rolex on and it was a childish thing but I thought this represents all the excess and I’m done with it. I got a beer bottle and smashed it,” he recalls in his new book Play On: Now, Then And Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood, who did not write any of the band’s songs and made the least money, added: “The past is a huge chunk of my life. I get [told] all the time, 'You don't have to be doing what you're doing'.

“Proportionately if you went down the pecking order of the band, I'd be last on the list, [but] people ask, 'Would you fancy putting another 20 million in your bank?' And you go, 'Oh yes, that's pretty good.”

We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

At The Independent, no one tells us what to write. That’s why, in an era of political lies and Brexit bias, more readers are turning to an independent source. Subscribe from just 15p a day for extra exclusives, events and ebooks – all with no ads.
elle
Why would anything change? You expect Mick to apologize or something? He is sticking to his script. What would you expect him to say? The truth? Of course not.
It just reminds me of a similar thread when people had outrage the Mac were playing Lindsey songs after his health scare. Really? The people that made up stories to placate Stevie so that they could collect their 10 million.
Its all so phony and laughable. Mick keeps saying the same thing over and over and I just don't understand the false outrage anymore.

I never believed this before that it would be possible for Lindsey to join again. But these people are so phony it would not surprise me in the least especially since Lindsey took the high ground and stated he would go back. I can honestly hear Mick some sort of welcoming Lindsey back. Its so sick and twisted that it would not surprise me. As I said earlier in this thread...every time Mick says "We" insert "Stevie" Stevie was not happy.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-09-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
elle
Why would anything change? You expect Mick to apologize or something? He is sticking to his script. What would you expect him to say? The truth? Of course not.
It just reminds me of a similar thread when people had outrage the Mac were playing Lindsey songs after his health scare. Really? The people that made up stories to placate Stevie so that they could collect their 10 million.
Its all so phony and laughable. Mick keeps saying the same thing over and over and I just don't understand the false outrage anymore.

I never believed this before that it would be possible for Lindsey to join again. But these people are so phony it would not surprise me in the least especially since Lindsey took the high ground and stated he would go back. I can honestly hear Mick some sort of welcoming Lindsey back. Its so sick and twisted that it would not surprise me. As I said earlier in this thread...every time Mick says "We" insert "Stevie" Stevie was not happy.

I don’t think a lot of people, including the most vocally outraged here, disagree with you. We all know who Mick is and has been for decades. But we reserve the right to renew our outrage because it’s what we can do. It’s a way of resisting the script so many from the mass public seem to be content with. I applaud anyone who continues to call out Mick and the band on this one.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
elle

This. Agree 100%
You may not follow Australian politics, so it may come as a shock to you that since 2007, we have had six different Prime Minister - actually five, but one man was Prime Minister twice.
When Kevin Rudd leaked Cabinet discussions to the press during the 2010 election campaign, Julia Gillard was shown who he was. A king rat. Yet she gave him the foreign ministry - equivalent to the USA Secretary of State job.
When Irving Azoff told Lindsey that Stevie had issued an ultimatum if he did not go, she would leave the band in his place. She showed she meant business. But he naively assumed she would be resigning and he would be staying.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
elle
because of a near death experience of his supposed friend - that's the answer to your why.

i expect him to drop half of his ridiculous script. the part of Lindsey is just another insignificant member of FM, 1 of 18. we were ALL unhappy, including Lindsey, Christine and John. that part - just drop those intentionally hurtful lies from you script - that's what i expect.

i know better than to expect any apology or the actual truth. but i was expecting that near death experience of someone who saved his life numerous times would make him drop the part of the narrative that's especially hurtful to that guy with near death experience. easy, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I don’t think a lot of people, including the most vocally outraged here, disagree with you. We all know who Mick is and has been for decades. But we reserve the right to renew our outrage because it’s what we can do. It’s a way of resisting the script so many from the mass public seem to be content with. I.
exactly. why ask people who know better to basically bless bunch of lies going down in history as absolute facts.

Macfan4life you say that you feel helpless, and that we all are too insignificant to do anything, so why should we even say we disagree. it's the same attitude i got from some freelance show reviewer. he cannot change anything or bring Lindsey back, so why not just go with FM publicist narrative. (i have to paste our back and forth somewhere. it was very interesting to me. when he had no good argument he tried very hard to mansplain me away. )

i summed up the "i can't do anything so i will just appease" attitude after back-forth with that reviewer here:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because of a near death experience of his supposed friend - that's the answer to your why.

i expect him to drop half of his ridiculous script. the part of Lindsey is just another insignificant member of FM, 1 of 18. we were ALL unhappy, including Lindsey, Christine and John. that part - just drop those intentionally hurtful lies from you script - that's what i expect.

i know better than to expect any apology or the actual truth. but i was expecting that near death experience of someone who saved his life numerous times would make him drop the part of the narrative that's especially hurtful to that guy with near death experience. easy, no?

exactly. why ask people who know better to basically bless bunch of lies going down in history as absolute facts.

Macfan4life you say that you feel helpless, and that we all are too insignificant to do anything, so why should we even say we disagree. it's the same attitude i got from some freelance show reviewer. he cannot change anything or bring Lindsey back, so why not just go with FM publicist narrative. (i have to paste our back and forth somewhere. it was very interesting to me. when he had no good argument he tried very hard to mansplain me away. )

i summed up the "i can't do anything so i will just appease" attitude after back-forth with that reviewer here:

I am offended by the countless people here who have sometimes subtly and sometimes obviously suggested that Stevie Nicks is directly responsible for Lindsey Buckingham's cardiac illness. To your credit Elle, if I recall correctly, you were not part of that chorus. If this recollection is incorrect, I would call on you to explain yourself. This whole line of stress from his termination from the band causing heart failure is just beyond the pail. He has a family history of cardiac issues. It is genetics. All the cocaine he inhaled over the years and all the cigarettes he smoked would have had much more of an impact than anything the old goat (to use the misogynistic terminology of her detractors) could say or do to him.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band is famous for their unhappiness with each other. To give that as an excuse for Lindsey‘s ouster is laughable. Stevie even talked about it 30 years ago and said none of them was about to,leave in the wake of the band’s success, even though they were at each other’s throats. They needed him then. When they were still making and selling records they catered to him. Even when records stopped selling they felt they needed him on stage. They battled on, butting heads as they have always done. But need brought leverage, they could threaten to leave the band, to not tour, to keep their masters. They could refuse to record new music, but neither had the power to get rid of the other. Then, when Christine returned and it got to the point where they could put on a “Fleetwood Mac” show without Lindsey they didn’t need him to make money any longer. Mick should just say that.

I myself never anticipated that. Christine’s return would tip the see saw in this manner. In fact, if anything I thought it would make Stevie less powerful than she had been in the foursome. Boy, did I miscalculate.

I remember when Lindsey railed against Big Bad Howard. He had no idea what rough beast was slouching towards him to be born.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The band is famous for their unhappiness with each other. To give that as an excuse for Lindsey‘s ouster is laughable. Stevie even talked about it 30 years ago and said none of them was about to,leave in the wake of the band’s success, even though they were at each other’s throats. They needed him then. When they were still making and selling records they catered to him. Even when records stopped selling they felt they needed him on stage. They battled on, butting heads as they have always done. But need brought leverage, they could threaten to leave the band, to not tour, to keep their masters. They could refuse to record new music, but neither had the power to get rid of the other. Then, when Christine returned and it got to the point where they could put on a “Fleetwood Mac” show without Lindsey they didn’t need him to make money any longer. Mick should just say that.

I myself never anticipated that. Christine’s return would tip the see saw in this manner. In fact, if anything I thought it would make Stevie less powerful than she had been in the foursome. Boy, did I miscalculate.

I remember when Lindsey railed against Big Bad Howard. He had no idea what rough beast was slouching towards him to be born.
I know we are all hurting about Lindsey's undoing. But you Americans have had the best of both worlds. You have seen "Fleetwood Mac" without Stevie. And you have the option to see "Fleetwood Mac" without Lindsey. I would much prefer Buckingham McVie or Fleetwood Mac-lite to the current line up, but because I could not afford an airfare to the USA, I never had that chance.