User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I would edit that comment if I were you. Not saying I don't agree with you, but it's going to cause an explosion here and we have enough of that right now.
I'll stick with Lindsey and the resistance. This administration and the people who have enabled this sick sick poor excuse of a human being in the white house should never be offered an apology. The damage that Trump voters have caused this country will last for generations.
Sorry/Not Sorry.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’m happy to hear him address it straight on but I actually wish he’d be a little less classy and tell us what happened!

For instance, “factions” in a five member band? What does that even mean? Like Stevie and Mick each had their own agendas? Plot twist.

What was the event? I’ve seen several clips online but nothing specifies what it was for other than that it was some sort of political or fundraising event.
Michele said long ago, "Band politics = Mick and $tevie.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Lindsey with his words and phrasing is thinking someone is not in a right frame of mind, isn’t thinking straight and maybe he hopes things will change back again.
I don’t think he’s talking of Mick, who is just driven by money, but of Stevie...
Maybe she isn’t capable of thinking straight, due to the death of her friend Tom.

He is right this debacle has ruined their heritage, that’s for sure.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Maybe Lindsey with his words and phrasing is thinking someone is not in a right frame of mind, isn’t thinking straight and maybe he hopes things will change back again.
I don’t think he’s talking of Mick, who is just driven by money, but of Stevie...
Maybe she isn’t capable of thinking straight, due to the death of her friend Tom.

He is right this debacle has ruined their heritage, that’s for sure.

Curious to see the bands next comments on this--its not going to go away until they address it....."Truthfully" and not run away from reporters (a la TMZ/Mick in the airport)
At what point do you think Mike and Neil are like "WTF did we take on?"
Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 PM

Tell me lie$, tell me $WEET little lie$.....

TELL ME LIE$ TELL ME TELL ME LIE$

Oh Mick and $tevie.. you've become insufferable human beings. I hope you both sleep well on this tour.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Curious to see the bands next comments on this--its not going to go away until they address it....."Truthfully" and not run away from reporters (a la TMZ/Mick in the airport)
I think we'll see FM give plenty more press as the tour draws closer, but as far as Mick "running away from reporters," two things: first, is anyone from TMZ really considered a reporter? I thought that TMZ was considered glorified paparazzi? And second, if Mick was at the airport, maybe he was running because he was in a hurry? I mean, an airport is not an ideal place to sit down for an interview LOL! I'm trying to imagine catching an airplane and someone running alongside me asking for a comment about something, and in no possible scenario do I imagine myself giving up a flight so I can talk to them.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The more that gets said, the more confusing it gets. The only one who has said anything definite is Stevie, but she’ll probably change her mind about Lindsey again, as she always does. Five years ago, she wanted a BN reunion tour…

Meanwhile, Mick and Lindsey are tripping over themselves to not refer to this as a firing, and Neil and Mike were less than convincing about the length of their tenure during the CBS interview.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The more that gets said, the more confusing it gets. The only one who has said anything definite is Stevie, but she’ll probably change her mind about Lindsey again, as she always does. Five years ago, she wanted a BN reunion tour…

Meanwhile, Mick and Lindsey are tripping over themselves to not refer to this as a firing, and Neil and Mike were less than convincing about the length of their tenure during the CBS interview.
Lindsey said clearly that it was not his choice to leave.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey said clearly that it was not his choice to leave.
exactly. not my doing and not my choice - how much more clear can you be??

translation for apparently confused - he did nothing to cause it, and he was thrown out against his will.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 PM

OK, I can confirm with 100% certainty it was "F $tevie NICK$"

I know the person who shouted it.

And I asked she did used the $$$ when she screamed it. $$
Old 05-12-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Agree on all counts. Those were my thoughts this morning.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
So, you don't know anything about their lives but you're sure it's impossible one of Stevie's people was there to spy on Lindsey. Interesting.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
In Neil’s case probably not that long. I’ve followed both Fleetwood Mac and Crowded House for a long time and Neil’s ego is way smaller than that of the average Mac veteran.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tell me lie$, tell me $WEET little lie$.....

TELL ME LIE$ TELL ME TELL ME LIE$

Oh Mick and $tevie.. you've become insufferable human beings. I hope you both sleep well on this tour.
Oh, I'm sure they will. They both lost their souls in 1977...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Nice speech comparing today's dysfunction in the country to the life in Fleetwood mac. This long speech would have been the perfect intro to GO INSANE