The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David, your post is absolutely heartwarming.

Brian, I just saw this thread for the first time and I am absolutely speechless. Your story is so, so tragic, especially considering you two had only recently been able to reconcile your relationship. But it sounds like you have recieved support from everyone you encounter and people don't reach out like that unless there is a distinct reason. You are an integral part of this board with your outstanding generosity with us and this thread is filled with so many words of encouragement and compassion because you deserve them.

I wish the absolute best for you!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
The reason you're still here is to make all of our lives here on the Ledge and elsewhere a little brighter. I had a chance to hang out with you in Tulsa earlier this year, and I can truly say I have NEVER met a more genuine decent person anytime anywhere. You are the most valuable person on this board bar none in my opinion not only for your generosity in sharing music but because youre just one of the good guys in this world. Brian it is an honor to call you a friend pure and simple.
Aww what a beautiful post David.. I can't agree more..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, you have been in my prayers many a night over this past year- and it is so blessed to see that you are still here on the Ledge, making all of our days a little bit brighter. We love you- we really do, and we cherish your posts, and just you as a person. You are an inspiration in strength and perseverance, and you are quite a remarkable person. We are all soo glad to know you!

God Bless You!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I think all of the above posts have summed up our thoughts, but I'd like to also say that I'm praying for you, Brian -- especially on this day.
I can't imagine how hard today is for you, but isn't it great to know that you've got a whole community of friends (and FM addicts as a bonus!) who are looking out for you? It's a good feeling.

You are very much appreciated on this board!
Stay strong.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i was actually lucky enough to be a friend of debbie's on myspace~ i have never forgotten her & brian i think of you often & pray that you continue to have the strength that you have~ & i love when you share the memories of you & debbie~ it keeps her spirit alive & loved~ god bless you~ & brian you are a genuinely wonderful person & i feel blessed to know you~

In Loving Memory of
Debbie Johnson
Lil' Debbie

Like a comet
Blazing 'cross the evening sky
Gone too soon

Like a rainbow
Fading in the twinkling of an eye
Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly
And splendidly bright
Here one day
Gone one night

Like the loss of sunlight
On a cloudy afternoon
Gone too soon

Like a castle
Built upon a sandy beach
Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower
That is just beyond your reach
Gone too soon

Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight
Here one day
Gone one night

Like a sunset
Dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon
Gone too soon
Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
As for me, The song "Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon is where my mind is currently at one year later.
I've always loved that song. It's been said before and I'll say it again: "There is a reason why even the angels don't give up at all..."
Old 10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I've always loved that song. It's been said before and I'll say it again: "There is a reason why even the angels don't give up at all..."
Me too, that's a great message too, "I just have to let it go." It's a battle. I can only imagine what you're going through, Brian. Too bad this day can't just be skipped. Almost through it.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You'll get there, Brian, praying for you tonight from Dublin
Old 10-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Well...

it's October 22nd yet again (Obviously) and the feeling of two years ago have not left my mind, those are still ever so fresh and tormenting.

Was very depressed most of Thursday, until I received good news that I have a job offer on the table pending the results of the drug testing (Never minded the urinalysis part, but hate the hair follicle crap...Being scalped!!!) so that's no problem.

Had to drive to OKC Thursday afternoon/evening and noticed a few odd occurrences that most wouldn't have noticed:

#1 A coyote walking parallel to I-40 as if it was wanting someone to notice it. I see coyotes all the time, but they are usually running across the highway, not nonchalantly walking it as this one did. Just walking very calmly about 15-20 feet from the roadway.

#2 Saw the full-moon rising and wondered how many odd occurences I was still in for the rest of the evening...many it appears. 'Someone' sending me a message from beyond the pail? Maybe

#3 On the trip home, between El Reno and Yukon on I-40 (In the construction zone) I noticed what appearred to be a dead coyote/wolf on the shoulder of the West bound lane I was traveling, and when I look back up at the traffic in front of me a Jeep Liberty almost left the highway and just barely avoided overturning in front of the vehicle I was directly behind (About 100 feet ahead of the car I was behind).

Great the last thing I wanted to see for the next day or so was a car wreck...

#4 Did my usual "drive into the cemetery after dark" routine (Do it everytime I drive highway 58 at night to say hi to Debbie and tell her ALWAYS that I love and miss her). I love the Alfalfa Cemetery and its serene atmosphere, and at night its hilarious to see headstones, some 200 years old, all darkened but minus the only light beaming from near our headstone with the solar powered angel I placed there back in 2008. Love to f**k with the older church **** who attend the Baptist Church located on the premises, make 'em think the cemetery is haunted by a 1 foot tall angel.

As I was leaving the cemetery I noticed hazard lights on the shoulder of the highway about 1 mile away to the South on Highway 58, figured it was either a person with vehicle problems broken down on the highway or a farmer's tractor hurrying to pull their peanuts/cotton before the coming storm...

Nope...

Someone had a very bad wreck on the East side of Highway 58, wrecking off the curve in the road, through the fencing and rolling/destroying their white Chevy SUV (Looked like an early 2000's Trailblazer). Gee, that's all I needed to see tonight, especially so close to the cemetery (That's two bad wrecks near the cemetery in the past year) and at a time when I would like to have my mind distracted by something else.

Nope...

Not allowed it appearrs.

Oddly enough, it started to storm here before midnight, however I never heard the rain falling, maybe tears from heaven???

Well 2 years out I am still a emotional wreck that "just keeps a pushin' on" (Lame REO Speedwagon pun) because I don't know nothing else...

Except I love and miss Debbie everyday.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a heart warming message.
Thankyou very much for the update, it is good to know that you are pulling through.

Thoughts and Prayers,
Old 10-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, thank you for taking the time to write your latest entry. I felt like I was there with you in the car as you were traveling on I-40. I've driven on that highway several times in my life.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

love to you brian...ALWAYS~
Old 10-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keeping you in my thoughts today, Brian.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hang in there Brian.