The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Um, I think this thread is getting a tad bit overheated and should be closed. We've all put our thoughts on this matter and we need to move on.

Plus, this was a rather redundant thread to begin with. All it really is, is members complaining about other members complaining. Really? That doesn't make a bit of sense!

(I know I voiced my thoughts on this a few days ago and I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but since I left my comment a few days ago, it seems as though that the anger on this thread is getting it a bit serious and I had to say something about it).

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 10-17-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Sup Ledgies?

Why all the hating on Miss Stephanie Lynn Nicks?

Stevie has been the most prolific band member in recent years. Lindsey comes a close second as his last album is now 5 years old, but he has been working on Fleetwood Mac songs for a new album for 4 years now. The only work Stevie Nicks has done towards a new band album is her late 2012 contributions to Extended Play, if they count.
With this band I count "recent" as the last ten years, or whatever has gone on since Say You Will. Lindsey has been undoubtedly more prolific than Stevie in that time.

Anyway... I for one am not hating on Stevie. I'm disappointed that all the focus is now no longer on Christine's return and getting back in the studio as a 5-piece. The return of Christine should've been built up (and this is where the band always falters on stuff like this) more like the event that it was. A small portion of hell froze over when Christine came back. I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even... stories between songs where Chris says how much she missed her friends. Show the band members interacting and build that pre-excitement for a new album. The band has let all that wane. It's almost, and I may be wrong here, it's almost as if the drama now takes precedence over the music, and I'm kinda sorta... well... sick of that. The band is, frankly, far too old to be playing about with Rumours-esque behaviour. Not that there's really a genuine comparison between then and now, and I know there's always been a bit of drama with this band... but at this point in time I'm just saying be a band. Bands tour. Bands make music together. Get on with it!

Last edited by mylittledemon; 10-17-2016 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You in particular should not be allowed to speak up on rudeness to band members due to the insane comments about a new fleetwood Mac album being a lindsey solo album.

Sorry to signal you out but it's very true.
No problem, but I don't think I said anything rude in that thread. I didn't mock any of the band members or call them names, or anybody on this board, either. If I did, feel free to bring my attention to it. I stand by my opinion, and wasn't rude when I stated it.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even... stories between songs where Chris says how much she missed her friends.
Yes, I would have liked that!
It would have been cool if it was an unplugged show where they played both a new tunes, deep cuts that they never played before (I don't wanna know, that's alright etc.) and newly arrangeed old staples.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Exactly. Something for everyone to see, not just for those lucky folks who went to see the tour.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm disappointed that all the focus is now no longer on Christine's return and getting back in the studio as a 5-piece. The return of Christine should've been built up (and this is where the band always falters on stuff like this) more like the event that it was.

I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even...The band has let all that wane. It's almost, and I may be wrong here, it's almost as if the drama now takes precedence over the music, and I'm kinda sorta... well... sick of that.

The band is, frankly, far too old to be playing about with Rumours-esque behaviour. Be a band. Bands tour. Bands make music together. Get on with it!
YES! THANK YOU, Brandon, for always being the "voice of reason" on this forum and keeping a level head. That's IT, exactly. It was all a wasted opportunity. After Chris' return, they immediately did the "cash grab" tour instead of planning out new projects. That was a huge mistake.

I think the two major culprits who are using this "Rumours-esque drama" and making it take precedence over the music is most definitely Stevie and Mick. They have both done that for decades.

I love Stevie. Always will. I adore both her work with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career. But I'm really stumped as to why she doesn't want to jump back in the saddle with the Mac after her "best friend" returned to the band. Like you, it makes me irritated with her. We all want to know why. Does it truly have to do with her "unpleasant experience" with Lindsey during the making of SYW? She seemed like she was in a better place with him during the making of her solo album when he contributed to "Soldier's Angel".

I truly believe that, like every other project since her solo career started, she's just playing out the drama for the sake of playing out the drama. She feeds off of it and I don't understand why. Mick is just as guilty. They go out together, are seen at public events, claim to be "best friends" but then dish on each other in the press. It all seems calculated. As if stirring up emotions within their fan base with eventually help the promotion of a new album when it comes out. (And I have no doubt it WILL come out, with all 5 of them.) I think back to the Rolling Stone article right about the time that Mirage was coming out with the slug line "Fleetwood Mac and The Problem With Stevie" or something to that effect. I think back to the whole Chain Boxed Set Silver Springs debacle.

You're right, Brandon. The band (or more specifically, Stevie and Mick) are ALL WAY TOO OLD to keep up the drama. It's tired. No one cares anymore. We just want new music. Skip to it. On with the show!!!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Ledgie

I'm just sorry to hear this and I wish Stevie would clear calendar and make it a priority to co-create some new music with her Mac bandmates just one more time. It is such a great fortune that they're all alive and healthy, and that won't always be the case, and a change can happen fast. I'm so glad I saw them together, sounding and looking terrific, in 2014.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
First, I like him. But yeah, it's an acquired taste. Very subjective.
Yes,He has a wild life but I do enjoy his music.Mac members are mellow compared to him in what he went though.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I think the two major culprits who are using this "Rumours-esque drama" and making it take precedence over the music is most definitely Stevie and Mick.

But I'm really stumped as to why she doesn't want to jump back in the saddle with the Mac after her "best friend" returned to the band. Like you, it makes me irritated with her. We all want to know why. Does it truly have to do with her "unpleasant experience" with Lindsey during the making of SYW?

I truly believe that, like every other project since her solo career started, she's just playing out the drama for the sake of playing out the drama. She feeds off of it and I don't understand why. I think back to the whole Chain Boxed Set Silver Springs debacle.

You're right, Brandon. The band (or more specifically, Stevie and Mick) are ALL WAY TOO OLD to keep up the drama. It's tired. No one cares anymore. We just want new music. Skip to it. On with the show!!!
Well to be fair to Stevie, and Mick, or any of them really, we can never know what it's like being them. I'm certain that their "world" could never fully be grasped by us. All we get is what we hear and read in today's well-spun media, and for the rest of it we have to guess what it's like to walk in their shoes.

And in Stevie's defence, I don't wish to compare Lindsey to Stevie when I say this, but it does seem that Lindsey has played the "drama card" less and less since Say You Will. Maybe having a family mellowed him out a bit in that regard. I think perhaps that Stevie's experience with Lindsey, to some degree, must always be unpleasant given their history. It's always a kinda sorta love-hate thing, right? I try imagining myself in that situation. Having to see one of the great loves of my life constantly after having broken up? Having to make music with that person? Having to see that person frequently over the years? I don't know if I could do that. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I couldn't do that. And so I guess being in the center of that and not walking away from that person (as most people in normal life would do) would inherently cause drama. Even if your intentions are not to cause any drama, it's probably bound to happen, especially with the band given the creative and emotional environment they're in. I liken it to being around crazy family members. You take a vacation to see them, and if you know your family well enough (and how much they irk you) maybe you only plan to visit for 3 days. Because if it were any more than that, you run the risk of killing one another, right?

Stevie's even said in the past that her lifestyle is hotel rooms (but no more than 3 days) haha... and it's romance... and her dogs... and poetry... and whatever else. Her life is totally about her music, right? So again, I'd wager that explains part of the "drama" from her. Her entire world is her songs. So what I think is drastic (ie. not reconvening with the Mac and staying with them) is just business as usual for her. Or rather it's a non issue for her. She's just got other work to do. I think she even says she gets bored doing the same thing over and over. Add the pressure of having to be around Lindsey all the time when the band is together, and whatever feelings that may instigate, and the cauldron of drama continues to perpetuate itself. While I've grown very weary of it, for the band it just is. It's life as they know it. And like Lindsey once said when asked about Mick and Stevie's affair, "Well... that's rock and roll."
Old 10-17-2016, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If its true that Stevie does not want to work with FM in the studio and dont want to deal with the studio bickering .I cant blame her for not dealing with them "No names mentioned" anymore in the studio.I'm not going to condemn her for not doing this new album like others here are doing.If the Mac decides to dump her .So that will be it.I'm not going to condemn FM for doing so either.The way of the news media people are operating lately .I dont believe any written print articles and print interviews these days with the BS fabrication they come up with on anybody they are writing about .So if Stevie and the rest of FM does an interview.I rather see their faces on TV.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

I love Stevie. Always will. I adore both her work with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career. But I'm really stumped as to why she doesn't want to jump back in the saddle with the Mac after her "best friend" returned to the band. Like you, it makes me irritated with her. We all want to know why.
This. I totally agree. And then, that best friend has a very enthusiastic response to the togetherness with Lindsey in the studio. So he must have been respectful, giving and coöperative.

So.. There's no SYW-Lindsey, no Tango-Lindsey, but a 65+ Lindsey that took his controlfreakiness into three solo-albums and just wants to make a real FM popalbum. It's unbelievable that she blocks it, and she doesn't want to write music with her band and best friend. It's hairpullingly irritating.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) Because she's ruining the chances of one last FM album with all five.
2) She's been very negative lately of Lindsey and his studio skills. (five thousand over dubs when the song was good already)
3) She seems to crave the attention on stage and could care less about new music.
4) she lies about needing time off as her excuse not to record with FM and then goes on a useless solo tour two years after her record has been out.

I used to be a huge fan, but have soured.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

2) She's been very negative lately of Lindsey and his studio skills.

I used to be a huge fan, but have soured.
Alec seems to think it has more to due
with Lindsey being of German descent.
And we all know what Stevie thinks of
Germans. Truth of the matter, most
Europeans.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=secondhandchain;1193989

3) She seems to crave the attention on stage and could care less about new music.

Can't agree with this reason....we saw them on the last tour in Leeds and she wasn't in the limelight on stage anymore than anyone else...

In fact apart from GDW solo she was very quiet....sort of.

I have my own theory regarding new music....she's dried up as far as writing new stuff....
Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

I really hope that Stevie decides to re-join for one last studio album, if Christine and Lindsey are saying they've got strong material written.

This would be the first studio album to feature "the famous five" line-up since Tango In The Night in 1987.

Also, this time it's unlikely that Lindsey would walk from the album's subsequent tour.