Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I submit that is a bipartisan agenda.
Ok - I will give you that - I know that both parties are at fault for that - I guess it just seems like liberals tend to "lead the charge" more often (*ducks*).

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I'm having a heart attack!!! Call 9-11!!!

I AGREE with you!!!

AHHH!!! The end of the world is near!!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Honestly, one of the main "issues" that I have with the liberal agenda is the lack of personal responsibility - the "someone else has to be responsible for me" or the "it's someone else's fault" type attitudes. Of course, I am generalizing here - I know alot of you do not subscribe to this opinion.

I guess what it comes down to for me, is "Get up off your fat ass and do something for yourself" and "make things happen in your life instead of letting life happen to you".
And that, my friends, is the core of my beliefs...

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ok - I will give you that - I know that both parties are at fault for that - I guess it just seems like liberals tend to "lead the charge" more often (*ducks*).
Leadng the charge for safe food. Those liberals are horrifying.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, one of the main "issues" that I have with the liberal agenda is the lack of personal responsibility - the "someone else has to be responsible for me" or the "it's someone else's fault" type attitudes. Of course, I am generalizing here - I know alot of you do not subscribe to this opinion.
The whole Bush admin. must have liberal agendas, then. After all, everything is someone else's fault, not theirs.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Rather stinks that it isn't the belief of the Republican party. More like "let others work their asses of in life and let us benefit from it."

Old 01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Leadng the charge for safe food. Those liberals are horrifying.
I know. Wouldn't you rather get mad cow instead of eating quality beef? I hear that the federal government will actually pay $10 in your medical bills if you're poor and get mad cow.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Rather stinks that it isn't the belief of the Republican party. More like "let others work their asses of in life and let us benefit from it."

That's why I don't hold sway to a particular party. I make up my mind and vote on issues.

But then...thinking for yourself will do that!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One cow in like 45 million cows had the stupid disease - I mean that is hardly an epidemic.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
One cow in like 45 million cows had the stupid disease - I mean that is hardly an epidemic.
That's not the point though. The government has known about this for a long time and hasn't done anything about it.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
That's not the point though. The government has known about this for a long time and hasn't done anything about it.
Well, apparently it was contained if only 1 in 45,000,000 has it It reminds me of New Year's Eve Eve when my friends and I were in a pizza joint on the Upper East Side at like 3:00 a.m. and I am very tipsy and ordering everything in sight. My drunker friend who is louder than I am screeches "don't get the sausage roll - you'll get mad cow!!!!" I am like "You idiot sausage is made of a pig AND only one cow out of like 45 million cows has MCD and that cow is now dead. Plus, you have so much hard liquor in you NOTHING can survive in your bloodstream"

Old 01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have to take issue with that statement, as I don't believe it's the "liberal agenda" to pass blame elsewhere.
And if liberals do blame conservatives for certain things, they're certainly not alone, as I hear plenty of conservatives blaming various problems on "those damn liberals."
So it's another one of those two-way streets.

I'm about as liberal as they come, and I'll go on until I'm blue in the face about the importance of personal responsibility.

I often wonder when this all started. I'm not so old to remember the days when people still felt it "takes a village to raise a child."
I know my neighbors certainly weren't opposed to letting us kids know about it, if we were doing something wrong... and my parents had no problem with that.

Perhaps it was the "me first" nature of the Reagan era that changed all that. But I'm not "placing blame," mind you!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67

Rob
Us PA folk should stick together

Seriously, I know it is not the "fault" of the liberals that people don't take responsiblity for themselves. I just don't like to see that attitude glorified by anyone, conservatives included.

I do decide on the issues one at a time, but I try to be as logical and consistent as possible.

Example: I believe that all life is precious - My personal belief system cannot make sense of the fact that GENERALLY conservative want to outlaw abortion, but kill all murderers and liberals want to have abortion available on demand, but save the lives of the serial killers. I just can't resolve that.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Us PA folk should stick together

Seriously, I know it is not the "fault" of the liberals that people don't take responsiblity for themselves. I just don't like to see that attitude glorified by anyone, conservatives included.

I do decide on the issues one at a time, but I try to be as logical and consistent as possible.

Example: I believe that all life is precious - My personal belief system cannot make sense of the fact that GENERALLY conservative want to outlaw abortion, but kill all murderers and liberals want to have abortion available on demand, but save the lives of the serial killers. I just can't resolve that.
That is kind of goofy...the reasoning that I have heard from the the pro death penalty people is that a convicted criminal has been found guilty and that is the punishment whereas, a fetus hasn't committed a crime and therefor deserves to live.

But this is a whole new thread, I believe!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I have to take issue with that statement, as I don't believe it's the "liberal agenda" to pass blame elsewhere.
And if liberals do blame conservatives for certain things, they're certainly not alone, as I hear plenty of conservatives blaming various problems on "those damn liberals."
So it's another one of those two-way streets.

I'm about as liberal as they come, and I'll go on until I'm blue in the face about the importance of personal responsibility.

I often wonder when this all started. I'm not so old to remember the days when people still felt it "takes a village to raise a child."
I know my neighbors certainly weren't opposed to letting us kids know about it, if we were doing something wrong... and my parents had no problem with that.

Perhaps it was the "me first" nature of the Reagan era that changed all that. But I'm not "placing blame," mind you!
Actually, the "Me Decade" was the 70's You youngins