The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default did Stevie oust Lindsey to get herself into RNRHOF?

some social media speculations - the article states her solo career is not Rock Hall worthy - however if FM effectively becomes SN and friends (as it looked this week) may she have a chance?

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/life-...ml#incart_2box

Stevie Nicks

My arm was twisted by my colleagues to put Pat Benatar in this spot. I wouldn’t budge. While I personally don’t see Stevie Nicks’ solo career as Rock Hall worthy, her ranking near the top of the museum’s new electronic fan vote has to mean something, right?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't stand Stevie but that sounds like a bit of a stretch. I think she ousted him because she hates him and knew she had the power to make it happen - his contributions to the band's sound, her own songs, and his influence on the direction of her career be damned.

I think Stevie's more recent solo recordings are downright terrible, honestly, but I can't deny that her earlier work is pretty damn solid so I wouldn't object to her being inducted as a solo artist.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
I can't stand Stevie but that sounds like a bit of a stretch. I think she ousted him because she hates him and knew she had the power to make it happen - his contributions to the band's sound, her own songs, and his influence on the direction of her career be damned.
i think so too. everything else that may go with that is just gravy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-07-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think her getting rid of Lindsey will increase her chances for induction and I doubt that even crossed her mind but Fleetwood Mac is now Stevie Nicks and friends no doubt or at least Stevie Nicks and her band of merry mercenaries.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't see the relation or how it would help her get into the RRHOF

That RAL album is killing her chances
LOL
Old 09-08-2018, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post

hate is not the opposite of love.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You shouldn't be inducted into the RRHOF if you blew up your already inducted band.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
hate is not the opposite of love.
wonder whether the new guys are already sick and tired (and going huh?) of her endless talk about LB and how much she hates him. you know she must be doing that - she cannot resist mentioning him!

Old 09-09-2018, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wonder whether the new guys are already sick and tired (and going huh?) of her endless talk about LB and how much she hates him. you know she must be doing that - she cannot resist mentioning him!
Lindsey is a big part of the history of the band that they just joined. He or his absence is also central to them having joined at all. And that's to say nothing of the role that he's played in Stevie's life, whatever that's been.

So it makes sense that he would come up in conversation - his guitar parts and his musical contributions, in particular. Although I doubt that Lindsey on a personal level is a main topic. And I also doubt that SN has nothing more salient in her life to share than "endless talk about LB and how much she hates him."

Unless you have personally had a conversation with SN about something other than her music, it seems to me that you might not actually know. Is it possible that you are projecting? Since I don't know either, my guess is that when she's not being interviewed, she has a grab-bag of rich old lady topics to pull from, that includes her investments (or what her advisors told her about them at their last quarterly meeting), the amenities at whatever Santa Monica health or country club she belongs to, weather in LA, weather in Hawaii, shopping, and taxes in California.

When Mike Campbell is in the room, I imagine that Tom Petty, Benmont Tench, and the history that they all share with SN comes up far more frequently than her personal feelings about LB do. With Neil Finn, I would wager that the topic of Australian resorts gets the most play.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-09-2018 at 02:45 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Unless you have personally had a conversation with SN about something other than her music, it seems to me that you might not actually know. Is it possible that you are projecting? Since I don't know either, my guess is that when she's not being interviewed, she has a grab-bag of rich old lady topics to pull from, that includes her investments (or what her advisors told her about them at their last quarterly meeting), the amenities at whatever Santa Monica health or country club she belongs to, weather in LA, weather in Hawaii, shopping, and taxes in California.

When Mike Campbell is in the room, I imagine that Tom Petty, Benmont Tench, and the history that they all share with SN comes up far more frequently than her personal feelings about LB do. With Neil Finn, I would wager that the topic of Australian resorts gets the most play.
You phrased your speculation with "My guess is" and "I imagine", while Elle phrased hers with "you know she must." No one's claiming to have actual knowledge of what is unknown, but we can all make reasonable assumptions. I don't think the question of whether Stevie happens to discuss the weather would have been worth someone making a post about though.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is a big part of the history of the band that they just joined. He or his absence is also central to them having joined at all. And that's to say nothing of the role that he's played in Stevie's life, whatever that's been.

So it makes sense that he would come up in conversation - his guitar parts and his musical contributions, in particular. Although I doubt that Lindsey on a personal level is a main topic. And I also doubt that SN has nothing more salient in her life to share than "endless talk about LB and how much she hates him."

Interesting, I expect Neil would know vertically nothing about Australian resorts, strange you think this is a subject he would be familiar with
Old 09-09-2018, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This. Amazing how the entire universe gets filtered through a prism of Stevie for some here. Maybe she is just a person, you know, and not the antichrist.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
You phrased your speculation with "My guess is" and "I imagine", while Elle phrased hers with "you know she must." No one's claiming to have actual knowledge of what is unknown, but we can all make reasonable assumptions. I don't think the question of whether Stevie happens to discuss the weather would have been worth someone making a post about though.
I don’t “know she must [talk endlesslly about LB and how much she hates him]” and neither does Elle and neither do you.

As I explained in the part of my post that you chose not to quote or address, it just doesn’t make sense for that to be the case.

Anyone who purports to “know,” or suggests that it’s somehow common knowledge that SN is talking “endless[ly]” to her band mates “about LB and how much she hates him” is projecting onto her their own actions here on The Ledge. Because the only place where there is endless hating on a member of Fleetwood Mac, is this board.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-09-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default You must know I'm not wrong

I was just making a point about English usage and the notion of lecturing about 'we know nothing' while then indulging in your own speculation (and not to be mean, but I'm with Angel75 on the 'Australian resorts' thing..).

The actual topic at hand itself wasn't of interest to me so I didn't bring it up.

Literalism and epistemological pedantry, on the other hand...

Sorry to derail from the main topic.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This. Amazing how the entire universe gets filtered through a prism of Stevie for some here. Maybe she is just a person, you know, and not the antichrist.
Oh now, don't go there. I'll have to take down my Satanic shrine/dart board.