User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My Floridian Experiences Part 1

I started out to Ft Lauderdale FL from Providence, RI. Friday 6/6/03. I had a connecting flight from Orlando. That flight was adventurous because a young man sitting in front of me had a diabetic reaction. An ambulance met our aircraft to take the man off of the plane and give him medical assistance. After the paramedics took him off the plane we were allowed to leave. I got off of the plane and thought to myself “Wow it is pretty hot right now.” About a few seconds later I realized that I was in FLORIDA! DUH!! Keep in mind that I was dressed for RI and our horrible rainy weather of late.
After about an hour I got on my flight to Ft Lauderdale. While waiting for my flight I saw a lot of people walking around with Disney World bags. I have to say I was getting a little jealous. I thought to myself “hey you are going to see the Mac”!! I had Thursday off from work and I just stayed at home on the PC. I pulled up a front row ticket for Ft Lauderdale!! If I had any doubts about this trip they went away fast!!
I got off of the plane and got my luggage. I was in Ft Lauderdale. I called my hotel and had arrangements to be picked up by their car service. I had a nice driver named Eddie who drove me to the hotel. As we are pulling up to the hotel entrance a bus is in the way. But that was no ordinary bus. Yes, I knew right away it was the Mac’s road crew!!
I immediately check in and go to my room and say to myself “Put your Fleetwood Mac shirt on NOW!!” So after I unpack a few things I trade my Cranston, RI shirt for my Mac shirt.
I promised Alex (from the Ledge board) that I would call him when I get to my hotel. I give him a ring and he is just the nicest person. I was very hungry so I head downstairs to the restaurant. After that I am just lingering around the hotel and realize that I need to put my shorts on because it is just too hot. I needed to get a few things so I ask if there is a drug store around. The clerk tells me that there is a Wal-Mart down the street. The hotel has a shuttle but I have to wait for it to arrive. I sit down on a chair in the lobby.
A man comes up to me and tells me “nice shirt”. I just smile at him. We start to talk a bit and I find out that he is with the band’s crew. My shuttle arrives and he tells me he will see me around.
I head to Wal-Mart and I call Alex to tell him about my experience. The crew member provided me with some invaluable information. Alex calls again and the next thing I know I have plans with him and Joy (from Mick’s board) to go out that night. Alex had received a tip about where they might be staying. I shop really fast and call the shuttle back to the hotel. I get ready as fast as I can.
I am all dressed up and head down to lobby to meet Alex. I stop in the gift shop for a few minutes. I leave the gift shop and as I am walking out I see a young man on his cell phone pass me. We exchange a glance and I think to myself “that looks like Alex.” The next thing I know my cell phone rings. I say ‘hello” and Alex taps me from behind. It was Alex!! I knew it. He was such a sweetheart to meet, also. He also thought it was me because I was dressed a little like Stevie.
Well Alex picked me up and we headed out and picked up Joy. It was also nice to meet Joy. She was very nice and funny telling me about all of her Mac travels. Well, there we were three crazed Mac fans heading down South Florida on a wild goose chase.
We arrive at the place that we thought they were staying. We hung around and we saw no sign of them. We did have a lot of laughs however. We made plans to head back the next day.
Saturday morning I head out to the mall early and get a few things. I got a few new tops and 2 pairs of shoes. I hurry back to the hotel and get ready. I plan on wearing my concert outfit all day. Alex was unable to make it that morning so Joy picked me up. We headed back to the place we thought they were staying and met Alex there later. We stayed there until about 4pm. We left because we had a get together at the Hard Rock Café at 5:30. That was very nice and they played the Dance video while we were there. We got to meet a few more people from the internet there.
Then it was time to leave to go to the arena. I had to go to the Will Call window to pick up my front row seat. I get my ticket go thru security without any problems. I stop to get some bottled water. I got over to my seat and see that it is way off to the side of the stage. It is about 5 seats in from the outside aisle. There was a monitor that was blocking my view of Stevie from the waist down. I was not very happy. I also realized that I forgot my earplugs at the hotel. I decided to make the best of it, however. I made do with some napkins. At least I did not pay a scalper for the seat like some people around me seemed to have done.
This show seemed to have started a little earlier then most of the other ones I had gone to. It seemed to be about 8:15 when the crickets started. At that time a see a line of people rushing up front toward the stage. I thought, “hey they are not going to get in front of me.” I tried to get in but they had made a human chain. Finally I sneak in to the front. I am so excited. I can see everything. I take out one of my cameras and no sooner did I take a photo I hear “put the camera away.” I try and move down a bit but nobody around me is really standing. This is making it really hard for me to take pictures around mean security. Still, I try again. Then I get a tap from Mr. &*%$# ‘security”.” I said put the camera away”. So I just hold it and don’t get to use it the rest of the night. I was really very crushed. I really don’t see what the big deal about using a camera is to them. I was very upset the rest of the night and security’s attitude was no help.
Ok I get over it and I realize that I am right in the front. I can see John playing bass. I can see him looking down at the music. I have never gotten to see him this close before. I was excited. I was right below Stevie. I could see those Reeboks up close. The set list was the same as all the rest of the shows that I have gone to. I had trouble hearing the band due to the fact that I had napkins in my ears. LOL They still sounded great as always thru the napkins. I was standing and singing and dancing (that was kind of hard because there was not much room) the whole night. I really think that the band sees this and appreciates it when the audience gets into the show. Lindsey even looked over at me a few times!! I remember one time distinctly during Beautiful Child. That made my night!! I was having a great time until right before Go Your Own Way. We were all told by security to go sit in our seats. I was finding my way back to my seat and a very rude and obnoxious girl pushed me. She is an example of why there should be no alcohol served at these venues. The funny part of it is that she left right after the next song. Most of the people in the front rows were just sitting there even through the big hits. I got odd looks when I was acting like a big fan because I knew all the songs. Landslide was a highlight because at one point Stevie and Lindsey held hands for a few seconds. It was just so sweet. After the song Stevie went behind Lindsey and put her arms around him and put her head on his shoulder. It was adorable. It wish I could have gotten a photo. During Tusk Lindsey went and Tusked John. Shortly after that he went after Stevie. It was funny. Stevie looked like she was having fun.

More to come...
Old 06-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review! Can't wait till part two! Yes I remember being at the venue in Sunrise before as I lived there for years, and the security is the worse..real "they think they are the sh*t" men.
Glad they did not ruin your night.
Heading to bed soon, but look forward to part 2!
Sucks about the no picture taking being that close....next show perhaps??

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You had me thinking fom the shuttle story that you got to meet the band!
Maybe that's Part II?

- Jake
Old 07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Patty- I'm going to this venue Friday. Do you think it is a waste of time to even bring a camera?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Patty- I'm going to this venue Friday. Do you think it is a waste of time to even bring a camera?

I would bring a camera anyway! I guess that Stevie does not mind them so maybe the word might get passed down to the venue security. All they can tell you is not to use it so I would try until someone says 'no'.

Good luck!

PS: Hey Alex, remember 'Hey look it's Mick Fleetwood!".
Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I would bring a camera anyway! I guess that Stevie does not mind them so maybe the word might get passed down to the venue security. All they can tell you is not to use it so I would try until someone says 'no'.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!!! One more question, do you remember what rows were allowed up to the stage? I have third row from the stage. Do you think I have any luck being up at the stage for the whole show or just for Edge? I know you saw this concert like 2 years ago, but if you remember any details let me know.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just realized I spelt your name wrong Pattie (with an I E).... Sorry!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!!! One more question, do you remember what rows were allowed up to the stage? I have third row from the stage. Do you think I have any luck being up at the stage for the whole show or just for Edge? I know you saw this concert like 2 years ago, but if you remember any details let me know.
The front row was really close to the stage so nobody was allowed to stand there at the stage. I don't know if this one will be set up the same but hopefully you should at least get up front for Edge.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The front row was really close to the stage so nobody was allowed to stand there at the stage. I don't know if this one will be set up the same but hopefully you should at least get up front for Edge.
Well if the seats are really close to the stage anyway then I guess there is no need to be squished in the front. Thanks for the info!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I just realized I spelt your name wrong Pattie (with an I E).... Sorry!
Don't worry. Everybody spells my name wrong!

I get, Patty, Patti, Pate, etc.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Good luck!

Good times, Pattie!

OMG, I completely remember first meeting you in that hotel lobby. That was some funny stuff!

Memories.....