The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Most recent live Sara before SYW Tour?

This has been debated for some time, and I know that according to Nicksfix.com Sara was performed live once on the BTM Tour, but that was never confirmed.

As far as boot recordings go, what's the latest live Sara you guys have? I mean, aside from this leg of the SYW tour.

The latest Mac version in my collection is London 5-18-88.

My latest Stevie version is Austin, TX 4-12-86.

Anyone have anything later than these?

Paula
Old 05-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always thoght it was played on the Rock a Little tour and was dropped and that was the alst tour it was on. I had no idea that also played it for the Tango tour as well.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I always thoght it was played on the Rock a Little tour and was dropped and that was the alst tour it was on. I had no idea that also played it for the Tango tour as well.

I don't think it was played regularly on the TITN Tour, but it was done in London.

Paula
Old 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think the first part of the tour ('87) had Sara in it, but I thought that it became a regular or semi-regular during the '88 portion of that tour.

I don't buy that crap that it opened a show on the BTM tour. WHY oh why oh WHY would Fleetwood Mac open a show with Sara? I love Sara, but it doesn't open a show. Besides, it's pretty well documented that the BTM tour opened with ITBOMM or SYLM, and then The Chain.

Wasn't their another rumour out there that Billy sang all of Rhiannon during one of those BTM shows??
Old 05-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3
Wasn't their another rumour out there that Billy sang all of Rhiannon during one of those BTM shows??
I would have sh*t my pants and turned home to burn records in a blink of an eye.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Most recent live Sara before SYW Tour?

Whole crap... I completely forgot that it was played at Wembly in 88 - and I have it!... I'm listening right now... Thanks for the reminder, I hadn't listened to this in ages. She does a nice job of it too!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was played in Gothenburg, Sweden on 5-28-88 as well.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up It was played...

at the other 2 London 1988 dates at Wembley Arena as well, May 19 & May 23...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3
I don't think the first part of the tour ('87) had Sara in it, but I thought that it became a regular or semi-regular during the '88 portion of that tour.
I believe you're right. That seems to be the case.

Quote:
I don't buy that crap that it opened a show on the BTM tour. WHY oh why oh WHY would Fleetwood Mac open a show with Sara? I love Sara, but it doesn't open a show. Besides, it's pretty well documented that the BTM tour opened with ITBOMM or SYLM, and then The Chain.
I believe you're right about that, as well. That seems to be a story concocted by some fans who wanted the attention. More level-headed fans who attended that show say it didn't happen.

Quote:
Yes, indeed. A recording of that show is high on many fans' Most Wanted lists -- for that very reason!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, indeed. A recording of that show is high on many fans' Most Wanted lists -- for that very reason!
Why? Do tell! Was Stevie sick? Or a wardrobe change gone bad?
Old 05-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Wait a second, David...maybe I read your post wrong but, that really DID happen!? Billy sang Rhiannon!!??

I can't even begin to imagine it, just can't even fathom that one! Well, I have to ask though, did he let it rip at the end? I think I'd fall over laughing if I saw Billy Burnette twirling on stage (with chifon on him somewhere of course) and belting out the "Will you take me with you to the sky" verses.