User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow solo album April 2018!

from our own button_lip:

seems legit to me - that's been a pattern with LB news - some radio dj or some promoter always leaks the info randomly, about a month before we get any real confirmation. Ana heard this info from the radio station she listens to in Argentina, and they confirmed it when she asked them on twitter.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
from our own button_lip:

seems legit to me - that's been a pattern with LB news - some radio dj or some promoter always leaks the info randomly, about a month before we get any real confirmation. Ana heard this info from the radio station she listens to in Argentina, and they confirmed it when she asked them on twitter.
What sort of time-frames do you think he'll be looking at tour-wise? How long after their release did he tour for UTS, GOS and SWS and how long did they last?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What sort of time-frames do you think he'll be looking at tour-wise? How long after their release did he tour for UTS, GOS and SWS and how long did they last?
UTS and GOS he toured right when the album was released or a few days before. there's that recording from one of his first tour dates where he says something like "and the album..... [somebody yells tuesday!}..... is not out yet?! tuesday? yes right, will be out tuesday."

so i'm hoping he'll do apr-may tour.

unless he has some better ideas. as long as he tours this year solo, i'm good.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2018, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Past CD Release Dates and Touring Starts

Elle is correct:
Under The Skin, CD Released October 3, 2006, Touring Start October 6, 2006 (88 dates through June 30, 2007)

Gift of Screws, CD Released September 16, 2008, Touring Start September 7, 2008 (28 dates through October 19, 2008)

Seeds We Sow, CD Released September 5, 2011, Touring Start September 10, 2011 (39 dates through November 14, 2011; Nine (9) dates cancelled in the UK due to Neale Heywood’s Back surgery)
Old 01-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
unless he has some better ideas. as long as he tours this year solo, i'm good.
I have to confess I gave a sigh of relief after I heard the news today. I was afraid Mick and Stevie would force him to go on with the FM tour and postpone his own album/tour.

Now I'm happy!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First it was January, then March, now April. I could understand delays like this if the album was partially completed, but the album was supposedly done last Summer, albeit for one additional track.
Yes, Lindsey takes his time, and, yes, he could have added some new material, but I won't be 100% comfortable about this happening until we have a title and street date. Both Atlantic and Azoff Management have been less than forthcoming with any info.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
First it was January, then March, now April. I could understand delays like this if the album was partially completed, but the album was supposedly done last Summer, albeit for one additional track.
Yes, Lindsey takes his time, and, yes, he could have added some new material, but I won't be 100% comfortable about this happening until we have a title and street date. Both Atlantic and Azoff Management have been less than forthcoming with any info.
pretty sure album is completed. in recent times, it had nothing to do with Lindsey taking time or album not being done, but the record company or other issues related to actual release.

remember, Seeds were done at the end of 2010, he did live show and played 6 new songs in april 2011 and album came out in sept 2011. BuckVie was done at the end of 2016 and came out in jun 2017. so if this album was finished at the end of 2017, release in mar or apr fits the pattern (or is faster than the other too). jan and mar came straight from Lindsey's mouth, this is the first outside source. wasn't there some upcoming albums list people used to check where you can see what's expected to come out in the next few months? can somebody check that?

but i'm with you, i'll believe is when i see it! still, i was relieved to see this, i think it's a very positive indication!

Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

just annoyed that we are not hearing anything about this new album yet... was hoping Sirius FM channel will start and we may get some new interview with LB where he'll give us some indication of his plans - since there were pics of Mick and Lindsey visiting Sirius while they were in NYC for Grammy week / MusiCares. but we didn't even get that channel launches as promised, let alone any info.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that there was nothing tied into all the MusiCares press, which would have been the perfect springboard, doesn't bode well.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:56 AM
Ledgie

Nooo! I need something to motivate me for Spring semester! David Byrne can only do so much for me. LB for sure makes better albums. From what I've heard of Byrne solo, I only like a few songs and the rest are interesting. At least w/ LB, the album is usually enjoyable and interesting!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, someone who's been a reliable source in the past just told me the album's been shelved for now.
I'll wait until I see a second source confirming that, but I tend to believe it!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Well, someone who's been a reliable source in the past just told me the album's been shelved for now.
I'll wait until I see a second source confirming that, but I tend to believe it!
anything else? any reasoning why?

we know the album is basically done. and that he has a label. shades of GOS ...............................................