Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Wanting to punch someone in the face is not a normal response.

I think that the instinct - which is to defend and go on the attack, even - is. Online, there's a tendency to exaggerate and use hyperbole. If you said that in real life and she, in real life, punched you, I would say that is not a 'normal', measured response. On forums and social media? It's not quite the same. For me, saying that wouldn't be 'normal', but for others? SAYING IT (not doing it) might be. I just don't think it's any kind of admission that she was affronted by you 'telling the truth' and her not being able to handle it.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's just the internet for pete's sake. this is a site for bonding, sharing, yes gossiping, over a rock band. why would someone get so personally invested in anything anybody says?? if you find people and opinions on a given website stupid or offensive, then simply don't keep going to that site. it's really that simple. the resorting to name calling and exaggeration-- everyone hates people of a certain age, or that just because someone has a different opinion on a subject makes them a "hater" or whatever-- is so bizarre. And if you cultivate a big following on social media and then disappear in a way that isn't in keeping with your previously forthcoming manner, people notice and comment on it. so what?
Old 05-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, when Mick and Lindsey sign off on those affectionate texts to Richard do they actually say, "I love you."?

Michele
Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wanting to punch someone in the face is not a normal response.

yeah it is.
I say it all the time when someone s h i t$ me off.
doesn't mean i'd do it.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Generally, there is no one I would not like to strangle. But no I wouldn't refer to the person by name and put it on my twitter. I guess that's why the message was removed, because someone thought twice about it.

Michele
Old 05-15-2015, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

she even used the word "virtually" which means she was not threatening actual physical violence.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I think that the instinct - which is to defend and go on the attack, even - is. Online, there's a tendency to exaggerate and use hyperbole. If you said that in real life and she, in real life, punched you, I would say that is not a 'normal', measured response. On forums and social media? It's not quite the same. For me, saying that wouldn't be 'normal', but for others? SAYING IT (not doing it) might be. I just don't think it's any kind of admission that she was affronted by you 'telling the truth' and her not being able to handle it.

The difference is, she can not hide behind anonymity. She has no idea who I am, but I know exactly who she is. Not a smart move Stacy. You never know who is behind the "reebokandlace" user name. Just saying. Think about that.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The difference is, she can not hide behind anonymity. She has no idea who I am, but I know exactly who she is. Not a smart move Stacy. You never know who is behind the "reebokandlace" user name. Just saying. Think about that.

er, that's kind of creepy
Old 05-15-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, when Mick and Lindsey sign off on those affectionate texts to Richard do they actually say, "I love you."?

Michele
And then you came in!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele

Thank you. I needed that laugh. As always, your humour is priceless!

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This all seems to have escalated rather quickly!

Have I missed something, did someone post something terrible about Richard on the Ledge - Stacy has been bad mouthing it on twitter...

But even if they did, why does that makes Richard shut down his whole social media front, all the work he put in to that blog: I loved visiting that every day to catch up on what was going on.

Very strange. Here's some more of her tweets:

well, Ken did a Ken again & threw everyone under the bus but made himself look like the important guy who did all the work. LIES.

let's just say Ken hasn't left a good impression on me. You shouldn't have to stoop so low.
Try reading Mick's books…

PS: I've only been on the Ledge a year but it doesn't strike me as a cesspit full of bad mouths: we all love the Mac!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stacy is truly reflecting Richard's feelings, then he should do write his own book that offers his side of the story. There's nothing preventing him from doing this, and judging from his blog posts, he has the ability to write one. Rumours is an endless money making machine, so I doubt anyone in FM management would mind. They might even encourage it!

Stacy isn't doing Richard any favors, so it would be wise for her to back off from her highly reactive tweets. History shows whiners never get respect (I should know! )
Old 05-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
PS: I've only been on the Ledge a year but it doesn't strike me as a cesspit full of bad mouths: we all love the Mac!
We do, but it seems not everyone loves Richard.
We have no real idea what has happened and yet there has been so much (apparently wild) speculation about Richard. Stacy previously made it clear there was no issue with the band and yet people still suggested otherwise. Richard was really looking forward to the show and didn't go.
This might be down to his physical illness and/or mental illness. Who knows, perhaps he's had some sort of breakdown. I wouldn't be surprised, I bet he had all sorts of unnecessary sh*t thrown at him through the blog. It all sounds a bit touchy but its clear from what Stacy says that the band love and support him. Until the truth one day comes out, why cant people give him (and her) the benefit of the doubt and leave it be? He shouldn't have to write a bloody book- I think we got enough of a measure of him through the blog. Stacy is just standing up for her friend- that's what friends do!

Richard, I hope all is well mate.
Stacy, have a good life whatever you do.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't consider her "fm related people" in any way whatsoever. She is a wannabe.
I can't say I agree with that summation. Richard lived with Stevie and Lindsey before they were famous. He was their sound engineer in the studio and on the road during the height of FM's fame. He switched roles to become their co-producer during the height of FM's fame. Richard lived with Mick for years, too. He was arguably Lindsey's right hand man & foil for decades. Richard has done a significant amount of press with and for the band, too. He's definitely a visible and easily recognizable figurehead of the FM supporting cast- I'd argue even more so than someone like Stevie's assistant Karen.

Stacy works directly with Richard... physically right next to him, from what the both of them have shared. I think Stacy most definitely qualifies as a 'FM related person.' I will give you that it's in somewhat of an oblique way since Richard hasn't had any professional dealings with the band in 2 decades now. And 2 decades ago, Stacy would have been a toddler. So there is that.

Quote:
Generally, there is no one I would not like to strangle.
The truth comes out! I know what you mean, though. EVERYONE drives me nuts at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Have I missed something, did someone post something terrible about Richard on the Ledge - Stacy has been bad mouthing it on twitter...

The folks on here who don't care for Richard have accused him of varying things. The biggest one being that Richard is an attention seeker, and paints Lindsey in an unfairly positive light in order to get back into his inner circle. I disagree with both claims, but I think there is some truth behind each school of thought.

The thing about the Ledge is this- we all love FM in our own unique ways. Due to that, there are different factions here- those who are proponents of specific band members, specific producers, certain musical & production styles, etc. This is where the trouble can come into play. Someone who may not care for Richard, for instance, will find fault in most anything he does- professionally or personally. That's when accusations start to fly, and stuff degrades. Luckily, the Ledge is a much calmer place than it once was!

I suspect that folks have been contacting Stacy and Richard privately with far more inflammatory accusations, though... hence the total eradication of Richard's online presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
If Stacy is truly reflecting Richard's feelings, then he should do write his own book that offers his side of the story.
Richard let it be known many times in his blog that he had no interest in writing a book. He felt it was unethical for him to charge people to hear his story. He really wanted to give back to the fans who made his incredible journey possible, hence the free blog. He even spoke often of having the blog turn it's focus to charitable causes. Which is all the more unfortunate that the blog has been taken down. Richard had such a large captive audience- he really could have accomplished that goal.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard doesn't *have* to write a book or do any other thing he doesn't want to.

The facts are though, that he has made a lot of comments on his own about not being mentioned in articles, podcasts, etc by others in/around the band for his role in crafting the music. Totally fair for him to call that out, which he has. No one on the Ledge or anywhere else made up his remarks, they simply commented. *He* is the one who, when Lindsey did a podcast or Ken talked to Life or whatever, *chose* to make public comments about what those people said, and how he felt about them. He was the one who responded to that podcast LB did a while ago with a comment something along the lines (don't punch me coz I don't have the exact quote) of "I was there, I was at the other end of that talk back mic, mate". And then the recent article where he commented "Really Ken?" and that it was "all lies". It's not imagination on anyone's part to notice that there was some feeling-- call it frustration, anger, hurt, whatever-- on R's part clearly expressed *by him* publicly.

Me personally, I just take the perspective that if you want your story told, don't wait on others to tell it, YOU tell it, if you feel that strongly about it. Which he did in his blog. Yet (evidenced by his need to comment on the Life article) he still seemed to feel he was not properly acknowledged for his work. Well, if the blog didn't do it, maybe write a book. That seems to be the main reason Ken gets mentioned, called, or quoted by these publications. (And Carol). Or, let it go. Maybe pulling all his social media is his way of letting it go. If so, good on him.