The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Setlist Speculation with Christine.

Ok I'm allowing myself to go there....it's just too exciting not too.

Common thought is that Christine will get 6-7 songs if this happens. What are your guesses? And what songs fall out of the rotation for LB and SN? Just the deep tracks?

Christine will surely play Don't Stop, Songbird, YMLF, but what else?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok, so here's the setlist from the Dance tour:

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Temporary One
Bleed To Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Go Insane
Landslide
Say You Love Me
Sweet Girl
You Make Loving Fun
My Little Demon
Stand Back
Oh Daddy
Not That Funny
Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Silver Springs
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Don't Stop
Songbird
Farmer's Daughter

I've highlighted Christine's songs in red, obviously. I think it's safe to say Temporary One will be replaced, very likely by a brand new song. The one song of Christine's I really, really hope stays is Oh Daddy.

Farmer's Daughter is a group song, but I see it getting axed, too.

It's my sincere wish the solo songs (Go Insane & Stand Back) will get the ax in favor of either 1) brand new songs 2) classic FM songs (like Sara or Eyes Of The World).

As far as Lindsey goes, My Little Demon is out, probably replaced by a brand new song. Bleed To Love Her may have the same fate... but since it was on the Dance & Say You Will and has Stevie & Christine's voices on both versions, it might just make the cut. Seems like it would be a full circle kind of thing.

Regarding Stevie, Sweet Girl is definitely out, hopefully replaced by a brand new song. I wouldn't mind seeing Sara in the setlist, either... but that probably means she'd have to drop something like Gypsy. So who knows?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will World Turning count as as Christine song, even though she didn't sing on it in London this year?

I would think she would do: Don't Stop, Songbird, You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, either Over My Head or Oh Daddy, and then possibly one of her TITN songs. So, really probably not that different to The Dance. Given the success of Everywhere amongst the younger generation in the uk, I'd hope she would do that one.

If she threw a curve ball - unlikely as it seems - I'd love Isn't it Midnight...
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is so FREAKIN AWESOME, to just be able to talk about this with it being a plausible reality. Never thought I'd see the day again.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ok, so here's the setlist from the Dance tour:

The Chain
Dreams

Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid

Temporary One
Bleed To Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love

Go Insane
Landslide
Say You Love Me
Sweet Girl
You Make Loving Fun
My Little Demon
Stand Back
Oh Daddy
Not That Funny
Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Silver Springs
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Don't Stop

Songbird
Farmer's Daughter
and this year's setlist:

1. Second Hand News
2. The Chain
3. Dreams

4. Sad Angel
5. Rhiannon
6. Not That Funny
7. Tusk

8. Sisters of the Moon
9. Sara
10. Big Love
11. Landslide

12. Never Going Back Again
13. Without You
14. Gypsy
15. Eyes of the World
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. I'm So Afraid

18. Stand Back
19. Go Your Own Way

20. World Turning
21. Don't Stop
22. Silver Springs

23. Say Goodbye

overlaps bolded.

all Stevie's 1997 songs other than Sweet Girl were performed in 2013. additions were SOTM, Sara, and WY.

of Lindsey's 1997 songs BTLH, Go Insane, and MLD were not performed in 2013, and Sad Angel, NGBA, Eyes and Say Goodbye were replacements.

WT was Lindsey/Christine song performed in 2013.

Don't Stop Christine's song performed on both tours.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ so unless i'm missing something (quite possible!), in 1997 they were doing 9 LB's, 8 SN's and 7 CM's tunes?? not exactly an equal distribution...

anyway, based on the above comparison and what i finally got through my thick head (i.e. Rumours-era FM setlists NEVER ever change and never will ) - it is unfortunately very easy to see what we'll hear on any future Rumours 5 tour:

Sweet Girl will be replaced by Sara, everything else will be exactly the same as during the dance.

since LB had 9 songs in 1997, his wings will be clipped down so he'll do 8 the most, and will not do GI (hasn't already this year) or MLD, and will replace these 2 with 1 song - NGBA (which he never skips anymore); and then he'll either add a brand new song or more probably we'll have Eyes again.

I have no personal experience with Christine's songs in the setlist... but looking at their other setlists with her... probably not much change there either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-05-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it's a Rumours song and they feel morally bound to perform all of them -- except the shunned IDWTK (which maybe I can get Ryan Murphy to play on American Horror Story) -- but I would love to see Oh Daddy bite the concert dust.

Now, when it comes to rare songs they haven't played, it's easy to get a Tusk song in, past the censors. So, that's our best chance to have a different Christine song make its way into the setlist if it is from Tusk.

Michele
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been thinking about a proposed set-list featuring Christine the last few days and whilst I'm also thrilled about her imminent return, I have concluded that it will essentially set the "greatest hits" routine in stone (with very little room for experimentation regarding rarely performed or new tracks).
If there were 25 songs performed (and we can't necessarily take this for granted), the split would most likely be 8 each plus The Chain (I'd love to see that replaced with The Farmer's Daughter but it seems unlikely). If this were to be the case, I just can't see them dispensing with the following:

Stevie:
Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Silver Springs
Sara
Gypsy
Stand Back (surely someone will tell her at some point how inappropriate this track is for a Mac concert - maybe Christine has the balls?)

Christine:
Over My Head
Say You Love Me
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird
You Make Lovin' Fun
Oh Daddy
Everywhere

Christine's in the unique position whereupon she could easily trot the above tracks out and be forgiven due to her extended absence. However, I would dare to hope for the likes of Think About Me (or anything from Tusk), Hold Me and Little Lies (yes I think they should give this a shot with Lindsey replicating the studio arrangement).

Lindsey:
Monday Morning
I'm So Afraid
Second Hand News
Never Going Back Again
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Big Love (I'm still holding out for the album version)
Sad Angel

Lindsey might remain a little more flexible than the others since only a few of his tracks were genuine "hits" and he is always more prone to changing things around. It would not be surprising for him to do the likes of Not That Funny, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Eyes Of The World or a selection from the Say You Will album. If I had my way, he'd just play all of his songs from the Tusk album and ditch the staples.

Therefore, I don't imagine we'll be treated to Fireflies, Warm Ways, Save Me A Place, Honey Hi, That's Alright, Book Of Love, Straight Back, Wish You Were Here, Seven Wonders, Tango In The Night, Isn't It Midnight or Thrown Down... more's the pity.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Considering they did 26 songs on "The Dance" tour, I think they could give each singer eight songs, plus count "The Chain" and "World Turning" as band songs. Since this isn't quit the big reunion, I'd like to see them take some daring chances in the set. There are about 14 songs they pretty much have to play, but that leaves twelve songs they can kind of go crazy with. Here are my choices:

Say You Love Me
The Chain
Dreams
Love Shines
Peacekeeper
Rhiannon
I'm So Afraid
Thrown Down
Book Of Love
Everywhere (actually, I'd rather have "I Do," but that'll never happen)
Sad Angel
Gold Dust Woman
Calumny
Big Love
Landslide
Get Like You Used To Be ("O.K. Ken?" version, with just Mick, John, and Christine playing)
Without You
World Turning
Steal Your Heart Away
Straight Back
Tusk
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way

Twisted
Don't Stop

Never Forget

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys remember: even if there isn't an entire album, there will at the very least be another EP featuring songs with Christine on them. So, add two of those new songs into your setlists.

Michele
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another idea I had was to do a proper tour for "Tango In The Night," since they never really did that with Lindsey. But,they couldn't play anything that came after 1987:

Tango In The Night ->The Chain (i.e. the In The Back Of My Mind -> The Chain from 1990)
Say You Love Me
Dreams
Second Hand News
Gypsy
Everywhere
Seven Wonders
Caroline
Isn't It Midnight
Rhiannon
I'm So Afraid
Gold Dust Woman
Big Love
Landslide
Mystified
Family Man
World Turning
Little Lies
Sara
Tusk
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way

Stand Back
Don't Stop

You & I, pt II

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know it's a Rumours song and they feel morally bound to perform all of them -- except the shunned IDWTK (which maybe I can get Ryan Murphy to play on American Horror Story) -- but I would love to see Oh Daddy bite the concert dust.
I Don't Want To Know replacing Oh Daddy? You're off my Christmas card list.

Quote:
Now, when it comes to rare songs they haven't played, it's easy to get a Tusk song in, past the censors. So, that's our best chance to have a different Christine song make its way into the setlist if it is from Tusk.

Michele
Brown Eyes is probably my favorite Christine song, likely my favorite Fleetwood Mac song. But it was just DULL live. On the other hand, Over & Over really came to life onstage. I think I'd die if they dusted off Think About Me.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys remember: even if there isn't an entire album, there will at the very least be another EP featuring songs with Christine on them. So, add two of those new songs into your setlists.
We don't know that for sure. It would be great, and easily possible, but it's not yet etched in stone.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We don't know that for sure. It would be great, and easily possible, but it's not yet etched in stone.
It looks like Lindsey was trying to get another EP out, even if Christine hadn't returned. I can't imagine there not being one if she does, since the threshold for making it happen will have lowered substantially. Because all he'd have to do is get Chris to sing on it and she and Mick have said that she's written some songs herself, to add into the mix.

An EP (at the very least) is not etched in stone, but neither is her return. Yet.

Michele
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

this will be the setlist people, no need to even think much about it:

All:
The Chain

Stevie:
Dreams
Rhiannon
Gypsy
Landslide
Gold Dust Woman

Sara
Stand Back
Silver Springs

Lindsey:
I'm So Afraid
Big Love
Second Hand News
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Never Going Back Again

Not That Funny
Eyes of the World

Christine:
Everywhere
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop
Songbird

Oh Daddy
Over My Head
either Brown Eyes or Isn't It Midnight... or possibly World Turning (especially since Mick needs his showcase drum solo)

in bold are songs set in stone (i.e. the ones that history has shown us they will never ever change). that means that if they each get 8 songs, maybe there is a room for Stevie to change 1 song, Lindsey 2, and Christine 3.