User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
But it would have only become that after it was chosen as one of the songs she would sing on.
Why would you say: Ooooh, I want this one, but then only want to do backing harmonies? It makes no sense. Plus Sad Angel is the most Fleetwood Mac-y of all the songs per Lindsey.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
So, oddly, if it were billed as Sad Angel as a single with three b-sides I would probably be raving about it as the release of the year instead of barely listening to it.
This is very true for me as well. Sad Angel is the clear keystone of this release, it really does feel like a single release rather than an EP, to me. If it were framed it that way, I might be more okay with my relatively lacklustre response to a lot of the other material.

Quote:
Why would you say: Ooooh, I want this one, but then only want to do backing harmonies? It makes no sense. Plus Sad Angel is the most Fleetwood Mac-y of all the songs per Lindsey.
Because you realize the song sounds better that way. Stevie and Lindsey harmonize well together, but their harmonies don't always make for the best possible production choice in every line of every song, and you can't always immediately tell where they'll end up fitting well. I'm inclined to think she chose Miss Fantasy too.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The melody of Miss Fantasy doesn't lend to having dual harmony throughout the entirety of the song. It wouldn't work at all. Just because you like a song and want to sing on it doesn't mean you want to sing the whole thing. Of course she'd be doing backing harmony - that's what she usually does on Lindsey's songs.

I just find it unlikely that both of the new songs they are playing live would have been chosen by Stevie. Stevie has Without You, and Lindsey would likely have gotten to have his pick as well.... and since they're doing Sad Angel, I'm inclined to believe that was Lindsey's pick.