User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I wonder why only 3 songs from Stevie? The last time she only had 3 songs on a Fleetwood Mac album was Tango In The Night, and obviously that's because there was still a third songwriter in the fold.
And she didn't even write one of those.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder why only 3 songs from Stevie? The last time she only had 3 songs on a Fleetwood Mac album was Tango In The Night, and obviously that's because there was still a third songwriter in the fold.
because they want that album out and she doesn't necessarily want to contribute (or doesn't have?) more songs?

i'm actually happy to hear this is a consideration. if we are waiting for 7-8 songs from Stevie to contribute to FM, there will be no new album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because they want that album out and she doesn't necessarily want to contribute (or doesn't have?) more songs?

i'm actually happy to hear this is a consideration. if we are waiting for 7-8 songs from Stevie to contribute to FM, there will be no new album.
Well, if they are considering folding "Without You" into this possible record, (which was written by Stevie) she would only need to contribute 4-5 songs to make it a more even FM record. I would be satistfied with 10-12 tracks on a new record. I wouldn't care if Lindsey had 6 tracks to Stevie's 5 tracks. But only three Stevie tracks, I would be very disapointed! That's not enough, and we know she has been writing based upon last falls Q&A's, and also her most recent Q&A's during the "In Your Dreams" movie screening.

Maybe Stevie's been inspired (she is sure acting inspired on stage) and will finish some demos on this 1st leg of the tour. It's possible they could go into Lindsey's studio record & finish up the tracks in a few weeks on their break between the U.S. & UK leg of the tour.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's goading Stevie - he knows full well that she'll never settle for only 4 songs (Without You plus the three extra he mentions) to Lindsey's 8 on an album. He's relying upon her ego to kick in once reality sets in.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Mick's goading Stevie - he knows full well that she'll never settle for only 4 songs (Without You plus the three extra he mentions) to Lindsey's 8 on an album. He's relying upon her ego to kick in once reality sets in.
i agree.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Well, if they are considering folding "Without You" into this possible record, (which was written by Stevie) she would only need to contribute 4-5 songs to make it a more even FM record. I would be satistfied with 10-12 tracks on a new record. I wouldn't care if Lindsey had 6 tracks to Stevie's 5 tracks. But only three Stevie tracks, I would be very disapointed! That's not enough, and we know she has been writing based upon last falls Q&A's, and also her most recent Q&A's during the "In Your Dreams" movie screening.

Maybe Stevie's been inspired (she is sure acting inspired on stage) and will finish some demos on this 1st leg of the tour. It's possible they could go into Lindsey's studio record & finish up the tracks in a few weeks on their break between the U.S. & UK leg of the tour.
Ok, so she has poems/lyrics. I'd bet there would be a lot of fleshing out to do on her "songs" and that will take time that I'm not sure Stevie wants to spend on a Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I wouldn't care if Lindsey had 6 tracks to Stevie's 5 tracks. But only three Stevie tracks, I would be very disapointed! That's not enough, and we know she has been writing based upon last falls Q&A's, and also her most recent Q&A's during the "In Your Dreams" movie screening.

i would! i want all 8 lindseysongs (starting to sound like Gerald here ), especially if they are as much fun as Sad Angel. you and i will buy whatever they put out 8:3, 6:6, whatever it is, but the new generations loved Sad Angel and can't wait for it to come out from what i've been hearing... so more songs in that vein should work great for them!

although i do agree with whoever said Mick is goading Stevie, and more power to him!

they have 2 months in between, and with the breakneck speed Lindsey has been working lately (and if Froom is available!) they can certainly finish the album if SN comes in with at least somewhat fleshed out songs. somehow i don't see that happening, but i will give it the benefit of the doubt (the same as i did for the changed setlist, and we know that didn't happen ).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It really has nothing to do with that. It's all about the state of the music industry.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
It really has nothing to do with that. It's all about the state of the music industry.
If it was the state of the industry then Stevie wouldn't have spent so much time and effort making and promoting her solo album. Anything she puts out would be more successful with FM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder why only 3 songs from Stevie?
maybe he meant 3 MORE songs ..?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
maybe he meant 3 MORE songs ..?
ah. good point. i was thinking three in addition to Without You. Which would be fine by me. an album only needs 8 tracks folks

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even if Stevie is feeling possessive of her newly written material, she has a million and one demos dating back to the beginning of time that the band could easily polish up and slap on a new album.

And I agree with the other sentiments here; they don't need 18 tracks when 10-12 will do just fine.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
If it was the state of the industry then Stevie wouldn't have spent so much time and effort making and promoting her solo album. Anything she puts out would be more successful with FM.
Yeah, and like she said she had to work her butt off without any help from her label. And, that was a solo effort, not under a band with 4 members that need to get paid. It's obvious they are trying to figure out what the best next move is that will actually be profitable and enable them to get songs out as Fleetwood Mac. I don't envy artists these days. I remember when it was so exciting that my favorite artist's new album was coming out. Now, it's barely a blip on a radar. Everything moves so fast, nothing has time to ferment, build anticipation. And, in my opinion, it's also why they may be missing the boat on Sad Angel. You announce it opening night and it's still not available a week later? Epic fail. Those kids that may have been at the show that night for whatever reason - with parents, on a nostalgia kick, heard about FM through Glee or Stevie's Twilight comments - who may have been interested in the new song went home and looked for it on iTunes. They may have been curious enough to search for it the next day. Now, it's a distant memory that equates into lost sales/downloads. Way.to.go.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, in my opinion, it's also why they may be missing the boat on Sad Angel. You announce it opening night and it's still not available a week later? Epic fail. Those kids that may have been at the show that night for whatever reason - with parents, on a nostalgia kick, heard about FM through Glee or Stevie's Twilight comments - who may have been interested in the new song went home and looked for it on iTunes. They may have been curious enough to search for it the next day. Now, it's a distant memory that equates into lost sales/downloads. Way.to.go.
exactly. stupidest operation/management ever. of course shows are still going on and new kids are hearing it every day so still not too late. but it should be available soon, and there should be some kind of 21st century type of PR bang.

they are making all this money on the tour, and they cannot find someone who actually knows how to advertise their new stuff coming out in a contemporary way, considering they seem to want it advertised? pathetic.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they are making all this money on the tour, and they cannot find someone who actually knows how to advertise their new stuff coming out in a contemporary way, considering they seem to want it advertised? pathetic.
They paid someone $500.00 to create a tour poster. These are people that don't want to spend any money for a quality investment such as capable management. They've been with the same people for fluckin ever.