Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Destiny Rules DVD

I might be asking for this for Christmas, but I just wanted to know if it was worth it. Is it very different from the TV Version? How much more do we get to see? I just don't want to ask for something I've seen already, and with nothing different.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the same thing but in DVD format.

Bummer, I know.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
Hmm...I have yet to see Destiny Rules. Are there any moments during it that are priceless and worth revisiting again and again?

-Justin
My favorite part has got to be Lindsey and Stevie working on Goodbye Baby. There's a picture of them from the Rumours(?) era and the music is playing. It just gives me the chills.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
Hmm...I have yet to see Destiny Rules. Are there any moments during it that are priceless and worth revisiting again and again?

-Justin
There are so many! Some of my favourites:

Stevie arriving with a spirit catcher

The great performances on Destiny Rules, Illume, Goodbye Baby, Thrown Down, I Am Waiting.

Lindsey who gets emotional trying to convince Stevie to join the double album bandwagon

Stevie's smart explanation of music business trend nowadays

The singing fish scene + the mass of the exploding timbers speech

John's point of view on working side to side with the songwriters

The cover photo shoot

The rehearsals, especially for the 10 magic seconds of EFO live

The last moments before Columbus concert

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 11-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
Stevie arriving with a spirit catcher
My favorite scene!

Oh, how I wish John McVie had a pellet gun right about then!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The whole thing is good and worth watching again and again. Maybe not ever second day... but you'll watch it for the rest of your life!

And I think if you love Fleetwood Mac, this is a must have and a little buying support doesn't hurt either
Old 11-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks, everyone! I must confess, I would have ended up buying Destiny Rules anyway. All of your stories just make me want it REALLY REALLY badly now.

-Justin
Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also like the part when Stevie yells, "Karen is drop dead honest!" Makes me chuckle everytime.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The part where Lindsey is crying about the double album actually annoys the heck out of me. I think he really gets on my nerves for most of the doc with his creatvie geneous crap. I'm sorry. You know I love him but he just seems kind of full of it in DR. In the rehersals and stuff he's great...and the "package check" during the photo shoot makes me giggle immaturely.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
The part where Lindsey is crying about the double album actually annoys the heck out of me. I think he really gets on my nerves for most of the doc with his creatvie geneous crap. I'm sorry. You know I love him but he just seems kind of full of it in DR. In the rehersals and stuff he's great...and the "package check" during the photo shoot makes me giggle immaturely.
Me, too. I kept making fun of Lindsey while I was watching it But i still love him. He just has a pompous way of speaking, I think.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let THEM fight it out!!)@(!*@(*
Old 11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought they all came across as rather pompous and not very grounded in reality, save John.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I thought they all came across as rather pompous and not very grounded in reality, save John.
yeah. well, actually, i thought lindsey was far and away the most pompous sounding. I'm used to mick, i think he just talks that way, plus, i kinda like him. And i think rather than pompous, Stevie sounded a tiny tad self important, instead. but she usually does. I don't mind, though, i love them all. Plus, it's fun to make fun of them a bit, knowing you still love them.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
yeah. well, actually, i thought lindsey was far and away the most pompous sounding. I'm used to mick, i think he just talks that way, plus, i kinda like him. And i think rather than pompous, Stevie sounded a tiny tad self important, instead. but she usually does. I don't mind, though, i love them all. Plus, it's fun to make fun of them a bit, knowing you still love them.
Mick is a louse. Plain and simple. Always has been and always will be in my book. He's a greedy schmuck with diminishing drumming skills.

Lindsey needs to get a clue. Comparing himself to Todd Solondz? Puhleeze. Get a grip, you're a corporate rocker who caters to whoever is paying you.

Stevie, as you pointed out, comes across as very self-important. But I thinks she's just as pompous as Lindsey and there were a few times I wanted to grab her arm to see if she had warm blood.

Love John, though.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Mick is a louse. Plain and simple. Always has been and always will be in my book. He's a greedy schmuck with diminishing drumming skills.

Lindsey needs to get a clue. Comparing himself to Todd Solondz? Puhleeze. Get a grip, you're a corporate rocker who caters to whoever is paying you.

Stevie, as you pointed out, comes across as very self-important. But I thinks she's just as pompous as Lindsey and there were a few times I wanted to grab her arm to see if she had warm blood.

Love John, though.
Wow. I know one band who's not getting any hugs from Diss! I wasn't really that critical of them, after all, they've been famous and rich for a billion years...And i know everyone hates mick, and he's a louse and all, but i think he's interesting and funny and expressive when he talks, so i don't really care. Yes, John is clearly the best, but he's a repub, too I dunno, I figure if that was me, people would find a lot wrong with my personality, too.
But i tell you what, if i was in that band i'd have trouble not rolling my eyes at Lindsey, all the time. My friend from Palo Alto kind of talks like that too I'm like "are we going to see the point anytime soon, or should I get a snack?" Geez, diss, do you even like this band?