User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Ok no pictures allowed, but if I have my cellphone or a small compact camera turned off within my pocket, do they take you away the camera?
I saw hundreds of cameras and cell phones at the show. I guess they might balk at PRO cameras at the show. I guess they don't want you taking pics at the Meet & Greet itself. I don't think they care about the show. They search your bags and "wand" you looking for weapsons, they see the regular cameras and didn't care. This was NYC.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone here go to the Meet and Greet on opening night in Minneapolis?
Old 12-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Doing the M&G on Sunday night in Dallas… I haven't gotten any emails from Future Beat yet with instructions… should I be nervous?
Old 12-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Ledgie

I went to my first (and last) VIP in San Diego. The guy running it was rude, it was pouring rain and they kept us outside waiting to go in, didn't provide access to tour merchandise before the doors opened (as stated when tickets were purchased) and only FM merchandise or Mick F merchandise was allowed to be signed. Because of the rain, I left personal items at home and thought they'd let me have my lanyard signed. But, no, not a chance. No tickets, lanyards, etc.

They also are over-selling these experiences so there is very little interaction with Mick; ours had almost 100 people at it. And, they let people who didn't pay for it come in and take photos and participate in Q&A.

Because this is likely their last tour, I bought the VIP for almost twice what it was last year but we didn't get the experience people received last year. This new company has a very rude employee who is abrupt with people, treats them as if they're inferior, and plays favorites (no autographs on lanyards--oh but then there were some that got them?). I looked forward to this experience for six months and was so excited about it before going to San Diego. I would not recommend it as long as this company is running it.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Ledgie

FMlex, you'll probably get your email a few days before the concert. This company (which may only be one guy) is really inefficient. And, if it's anything like my message, it will have information missing, the map won't make much sense, and there will be plenty of grammatical mistakes.

I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hey does anybody know if you can bring in Fleetwood Mac albums for Mick to sign at the meet and greet? Don't want to bother bringing them if he doesn't sign it.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaM View Post
Hey does anybody know if you can bring in Fleetwood Mac albums for Mick to sign at the meet and greet? Don't want to bother bringing them if he doesn't sign it.
In Oakland, a couple people brought their old vinyl albums and Mick did sign them, but it's not encouraged/guaranteed and I wouldn't bring more than one album to sign. Our group seemed smaller than what I've been hearing so maybe it was an exception. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Ledgie

Yes, you can bring old albums or other FM items to sign. There's a limit of one signature--since they are selling so many of these seats. Also, you might want to check to ensure you have the right one when you get it back.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
I went to my first (and last) VIP in San Diego. The guy running it was rude, it was pouring rain and they kept us outside waiting to go in, didn't provide access to tour merchandise before the doors opened (as stated when tickets were purchased) and only FM merchandise or Mick F merchandise was allowed to be signed. Because of the rain, I left personal items at home and thought they'd let me have my lanyard signed. But, no, not a chance. No tickets, lanyards, etc.

They also are over-selling these experiences so there is very little interaction with Mick; ours had almost 100 people at it. And, they let people who didn't pay for it come in and take photos and participate in Q&A.

Because this is likely their last tour, I bought the VIP for almost twice what it was last year but we didn't get the experience people received last year. This new company has a very rude employee who is abrupt with people, treats them as if they're inferior, and plays favorites (no autographs on lanyards--oh but then there were some that got them?). I looked forward to this experience for six months and was so excited about it before going to San Diego. I would not recommend it as long as this company is running it.

Bummer to hear about your experience.

I also did the VIP last tour and it was fantastic. The host was great, efficient, organized and very friendly. Sad to hear that this one isn't equally stellar…
Old 12-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did the 2009 VIP with Mick. It was those Ebay charity auctions. It was just me and a friend and our experience was very positive. Mick took his time with us and Cory the handler who brought us in was also very nice and talked us for a bit as well. It was not rushed in anyway and he actually signed several items of mine (some old FM/MF LP 45 singles). I felt like I got my money's worth.

Matt
Old 02-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For a price, very important perks can be part of your concert experience

By Piet Levy of the Journal Sentinel Feb. 27, 2015

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainmen...293697271.html

When Christine McVie reunited with Fleetwood Mac for the first time in 16 years, Deborah Nustad couldn't settle for any ordinary ticket.

Nustad forked over a whopping $1,500 for two second-row tickets for the tour's first show in Minneapolis last September.

That's way more than the $13.50, including service fee, she spent for the fourth row center seat to see the band on its "Tusk" tour in 1980.

But the 48-year-old from Brookfield said it was worth every penny. Not only did she get premium seats, she got to stand on the stage with about 30 to 50 people for a pre-show chat with founding drummer Mick Fleetwood, who posed for pictures and signed photos, drum heads and other items.

"This music is the fabric of my adolescence, it's what gave me solace when I'd sit in my room and studied. It takes me back to a really amazing time," Nustad said. "And I look at the band, and with everyone between 67 to 71 years old, this could be the last time. ... It's a different experience to see the band up close. It feels more intimate, but you're also up there with other people who are serious about it."

Nustad's experience may have been unique, but these kinds of elaborate VIP concert offerings are becoming common among major artists as the growing touring industry approaches a record $20 billion in annual revenue, according to Billboard.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down VERY peeved off about the ticket situation

Nothing new, I know, but this is one of the reasons I don't want to bother going to large concerts anymore.

Out of curiosity, just went to Stubhub to see about Oklahoma City tickets and they have TEN tickets for sale in Section 3 (Lindsey's side) on the front row. I don't know how many seats are in that section, but can't be more than 25-30, right? It says nothing about how you get the Mick VIP experience with your purchase of $1,278.00 per ticket either. I don't imagine any of the re-sold 1-20 row tickets come with Mick's M&G?

They show to have 16 tickets total for the front row for OKC and most are selling for well over $750.

Going to concerts used to be so much fun and was an experience, now, it's just a depressing idea. Yes, I realize I don't have to be front row, but it's the principle of the thing. Gouging people who are already tightening their money belts makes me angry.

Just venting, carry on.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Nothing new, I know, but this is one of the reasons I don't want to bother going to large concerts anymore.

Out of curiosity, just went to Stubhub to see about Oklahoma City tickets and they have TEN tickets for sale in Section 3 (Lindsey's side) on the front row. I don't know how many seats are in that section, but can't be more than 25-30, right? It says nothing about how you get the Mick VIP experience with your purchase of $1,278.00 per ticket either. I don't imagine any of the re-sold 1-20 row tickets come with Mick's M&G?
for Long Island and Providence shows, Mick's VIP tickets, 1st and 2nd row (without m&g, but still) were selling for about $200 day before the show on resellers' sites - for Providence it made sense because of the snow, but no idea why LI had such great deals. so this is way too early for reseller prices to go down - isn't OKC in more than a week?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Tomorrow night in Dallas

Well, we are supposed to get more friggin' sleet/ice tomorrow afternoon/evening, so I definitely won't be heading to Dallas, even though they have front row (LB's side!) for $660 on TM.

Still holding out hope for next Thursday in OKC. I will keep checking for tickets to that one. Hoping for LB side front row, but we shall see. The weather here and in OKC looks to be lovely next week...finally!