Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sirius

The Fleetwood Mac Channel on Sirius XM is apparently returning in May.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/the-fleetw...e-on-siriusxm/

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-29-2020, 11:31 AM

Yes, I heard Howard Stern talking about it this morning.

Hope there are new interviews.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You guys beat me to the punch. I was in my car this morning and heard it on the Stern show. He said unreleased demos and a special on the Rumours album.

The million dollar question is will Lindsey be whitewashed again. Mick is furious with Lindsey since the band paid him big time because of his wrongful termination

Mick controls the band and what the channel would put out. I expect old interviews and will be a rehash of the old channel. All the members are scattered and I don't think they have interest in promoting a channel. I could be wrong but that is my opinion.

BTW, jbrownsjr Did you hear snippets on the Prince channel that he recorded prior to this death. Now that was some freaky s**t.

IMHO sadly we will hear for the 1000000x time how Christine got goosebumps when the band played Say You Love me with Stevie and Lindsey and how difficult it was recording Rumours because all the couples were breaking up lol Nothing new ever. They tell the same stories over and over.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-29-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Old 04-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still haven’t been able to listen to “Everywhere” or “Sentimental Lady” since the last time, and I still wonder what Jackson Browne has to do with the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-01-2020, 03:07 PM

I just heard Mick do a wonderful tribute to the song WHY.

Can't tell if these are repeats or if this is new material.

Macfan, didn't hear the Prince snippets.

Look forward to Christine as a DJ. If that's what she's doing.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I just heard Mick do a wonderful tribute to the song WHY.

Can't tell if these are repeats or if this is new material.

Macfan, didn't hear the Prince snippets.

Look forward to Christine as a DJ. If that's what she's doing.
Oh wow, I missed it. I was not in the car today
What channel?
Old 05-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Ledgie

I find in extremely annoying when Sirius mixes in songs from other artists on the Fleetwood Mac channel.

Sure, I love Bo Diddley and the Rolling Stones, but I don't want to listen to them on this channel.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I find in extremely annoying when Sirius mixes in songs from other artists on the Fleetwood Mac channel.

Sure, I love Bo Diddley and the Rolling Stones, but I don't want to listen to them on this channel.
Completely agree. I remember tuning it out just for that reason a couple of years ago.

Incidentally, The Rolling Stones channel has played that new song at leas five times since I started listening to it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2020, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems like the same interviews as from a couple of years ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2020, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Seems like the same interviews as from a couple of years ago.
I figured it would be. I just see them at their age not going to be bothered with interviews yet again for a channel. They will rehash everything.
The million dollar question: Are they playing Lindsey songs?
Old 05-02-2020, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What channel is this on? Prince is on Channel 30 which is where I expected to find FM. Is this an app only channel or something?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You realize when Christine was the guest DJ she played the Stones and explained why. Stevie may say an artist gave her inspiration or shares a memory and plays one of their songs.
They were not just random songs with no relation to the band. If you are just scanning by the channel I can see why you might think that. Before the songs a band member will explain the significance.
One of my favorite features of the last Mac channel was Christine as the DJ playing her favorite songs. I can hear Mac songs anytime. But I love to hear what gave them inspiration or an idea for a song.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You realize when Christine was the guest DJ she played the Stones and explained why. Stevie may say an artist gave her inspiration or shares a memory and plays one of their songs.
They were not just random songs with no relation to the band. If you are just scanning by the channel I can see why you might think that. Before the songs a band member will explain the significance.
One of my favorite features of the last Mac channel was Christine as the DJ playing her favorite songs. I can hear Mac songs anytime. But I love to hear what gave them inspiration or an idea for a song.
When a band member is playing DJ, it's not a problem. I agree, that is interesting. I enjoy that as much as you do.

I've had the station on almost constantly.

When a band member is not playing DJ, Sirius keeps playing other artists for no apparent reason. It seems ridiculous when Sirius keeps saying that Fleetwood Mac contemporaries were influences for FM.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
People who own every deluxe version and every bootleg of FM recordings are outliers. I don't want to hear the standard versions of FM songs or any other artists songs that I've already heard a million times. I would rather hear alternate or live versions.

The last time this station was on, Christine said that she like Don Henley's "Boys of Summer". That caught me by surprise. With the exception of Joe Walsh, I've always thought of the Eagles as a one song band. After Christine's comment, I familiarized myself with Don Henley's recordings. I found out that Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, et al., did a version or "The End of the Innocence" which I absolutely love. I still think of the Eagles as a one song band.

When I was in High School, in the 70's, I could listen to a local FM station, for hours every night, without recognizing one single song. With Sirius' resources, it should be possible to avoid playing the standard versions of FM songs and especially other artists songs. I love the Rolling Stones, but I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing "I Can't Get No Satisfaciton" again.

Last edited by Kyle; 05-02-2020 at 08:18 PM..
Old 05-03-2020, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine said that she like Don Henley's "Boys of Summer". That caught me by surprise.
Although, maybe that had something to do with the fact it was co-written by Fleetwood Mac’s new lead guitarist.

THE Stephen Hopkins