Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's vocals on Seven Wonders

I've always thought this but have never discussed it here, and was reminded the other day listening to Seven Wonders with headphones.. I think Christine's chorus harmony is just stunning, it adds so much to the song, even if it is tucked away, slightly obscured with the rest of the background vocs. We all know her voice is beautiful, but it really shines on this particular part. The remaster really brought it out, drove that point home for me. That is all
Old 04-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love Christine singing but YES her back ups are stunning.
Its not just Seven Wonders

Sentimental Lady
Straight Back
Freedom

All come quickly in my mind so I may miss a few other good ones.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I've always thought this but have never discussed it here, and was reminded the other day listening to Seven Wonders with headphones.. I think Christine's chorus harmony is just stunning, it adds so much to the song, even if it is tucked away, slightly obscured with the rest of the background vocs. We all know her voice is beautiful, but it really shines on this particular part. The remaster really brought it out, drove that point home for me. That is all
That’s for sure. What makes Seven Wonders stellar (IMO) is the three voices very clear to the ear. It’s why the song was a hit. Christine’s voice prominent in the chorus is key to the success as is Lindsey’s also in Stevie’s songs Rhiannon...Dreams...Gold Dust Woman and Sara...Farmers Daughter.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish they would've done it for The Dance.. can you imagine? Those three voices at that point in time, the awesome musical arrangements, yes please. If only.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:46 AM

I love the her voice on Seven Wonders. It gives the song that magic it needs.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way live features Christine majorly on back ups (compared to the studio version). It really adds to the song so much. Also the Mirage live version of Eyes of the World. Christine and Lindsey's voice mesh together so well.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I wish they would've done it for The Dance.. can you imagine? Those three voices at that point in time, the awesome musical arrangements, yes please. If only.
Yes! They should have done Little Lies and Isn't it Midnight too during The Dance

For the love of God, I suppose we will never hear Lindsey on guitar on Isnt It Midnight. We have been waiting since 1987 and 2 full band tours with Lindsey since 1987 and still no dice.
It would have been a killer on the Buck/Vie tour too.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Go Your Own Way live features Christine majorly on back ups (compared to the studio version). It really adds to the song so much. Also the Mirage live version of Eyes of the World. Christine and Lindsey's voice mesh together so well.
I love the BuckVie singing on Eyes of the World. That's not easy to do in a loud live setting. I sang in a jazz vocal group (octet) We used to do vocal sounds like that in certain songs. It takes practice to stay in tune and keep the tempo solid.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love the BuckVie singing on Eyes of the World. That's not easy to do in a loud live setting. I sang in a jazz vocal group (octet) We used to do vocal sounds like that in certain songs. It takes practice to stay in tune and keep the tempo solid.
I was always amazed that Christine could do it live. Singing the different notes of each chord, jumping around in time, isn't easy to do(I didn't word that the best, but I just woke up).
Old 04-06-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was always amazed that Christine could do it live. Singing the different notes of each chord, jumping around in time, isn't easy to do(I didn't word that the best, but I just woke up).
I speak Homer. haha.. I 100% understood.

It's so hard to stay on pitch if you can't hear yourself. Sometimes people might think it's your ability, but often times, you simply can't hear because of tech. difficulties.

Kudos to both of them during that interchange. Which is Pachalbel in D Maj. (I think, too lazy to look it up). It's been a very long time.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I first heard Tango, the harmonies on “Seven Wonders” jumped out at me. They were as close to classic Mac as you could get. That song and “Little Lies” rank with the band’s best pop music in large part because of those harmonies and an overall sense of genuine group participation—something lacking in otherwise other excellent moments on Tango.

Christine’s harmonies on “Gold Dust Woman” in the studio and live are always stunning—such an unexpected texture she brings to the others’ songs. I remember also thinking the harmonies, and especially Christine’s voice, on “Sweet Girl” were amazeballs, too.

For what it’s worth, I always felt the band lost a great opportunity for their three-part harmonies in the studio on tunes like “Eyes of the World” and “Isn’t it Midnight,” both of which feature great harmonies in live performance.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-13-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Old 04-22-2020, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris' voice on the chorus of Welcome To The Room...Sara would have been veeeeery interesting...
Old 04-27-2020, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
When I first heard Tango, the harmonies on “Seven Wonders” jumped out at me. They were as close to classic Mac as you could get. That song and “Little Lies” rank with the band’s best pop music in large part because of those harmonies and an overall sense of genuine group participation—something lacking in otherwise other excellent moments on Tango.

Christine’s harmonies on “Gold Dust Woman” in the studio and live are always stunning—such an unexpected texture she brings to the others’ songs. I remember also thinking the harmonies, and especially Christine’s voice, on “Sweet Girl” were amazeballs, too.

For what it’s worth, I always felt the band lost a great opportunity for their three-part harmonies in the studio on tunes like “Eyes of the World” and “Isn’t it Midnight,” both of which feature great harmonies in live performance.
I agree with all of this. "Little Lies" really jumped out at me the first time I played TANGO IN THE NIGHT, for the same reason.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Chris' voice on the chorus of Welcome To The Room...Sara would have been veeeeery interesting...
What's odd is she sings back up but not the chorus.

"Well I thought that you were mine "YOU WERE MINE "(Chris back up)

I agree with your words 100%
Old 04-27-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What's odd is she sings back up but not the chorus.

"Well I thought that you were mine "YOU WERE MINE "(Chris back up)

I agree with your words 100%
Kind of like Beautiful Child. The more Christine, the better.