User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2002, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Covering Jars of Clay...

The new Jars of Clay CD, "The Eleventh Hour" came out not long ago, and there is a song called "Scarlet", it's so GORGEOUS and I would love to hear FM or Lindsey cover it, the beginning has a great organ sound and good guitar work.

Another song, "Whatever She Wants" is a great song too!! Check em out, if ya want!
Old 05-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Scarlet" is a great song! Thanks for recommending it !! I'd never heard of the band till now!

Old 05-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Great MUSIC!!

Jars are a "Christian" band, but don't let that scare you, they don't just sing "God loves you, be nice, yada yada", they sing about real issues that EVERYONE deals with, heartache, pain, questions, child abuse, love, etc...You MAY have heard "Flood" by them, that was their breakout hit, it's in the movie, "Hard Rain" with Christian Slater and Morgan Freeman as the end credits roll. I would suggest downloading these songs:

From the self-titled debut, Jars of Clay:
Flood:
The guitar at the beginning is GREATNESS!!!!!!!! CRANK UP!!

1st Verse beginning: "Rain, rain on my face, hasn't stopped raining for days, my world is a flood, slowly, I become, one with the mud..."
Chorus: "...but if I can't swim after 40 days and my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves, lift me up so high that I cannot fall, lift me up..."

Liquid (THIS SONG ROCKS OUT!!!!!!! DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!! It's about Christ's death, but don't let that freak you out, it's GREATNESS!! CRANK IT UP LOUD TOO!! LOL)
He (a HAUNTINGLY gorgeous song about child abuse "...fearful tears are running down, the pain you've laid don't speak a sound, don't take my heart away from me, and they think I fell down...again..")
Boy on a String (this is such a unique song, it starts out with a FIDDLE!!! It's a "headbobber" kind of song. )
Worlds Apart (GORGEOUS SONG, with Fleming Painter on BGV's, she has a gorgeous voice!!)
Blind (WOW!! The orchestra and guitars are GREATNESS!!! HAUNTING!!)

From the sophomore album, Much Afraid:
Fade to Grey (ROCK OUT!!!)
Frail (gorgeous music on this song, my mom LOVES this song because you can listen to it and just relax...)
Crazy Times (awesome song, great guitar!)
Truce (I just love this song, it's fun to sing with!!)

I would suggest buying their first album, it is a CLASSIC album, greatness throughout, every song is SPECTACULAR, and Flood is on it. Their sound on this album is so unique, when it first came out, my jaw dropped to the floor, so differrent from other Christian artists I love, they really knocked me down and in concert, WOW, they ROCK!! Guitar is very prominent on this first album, as well as orchestral.

Sorry for the long post under this Ledge, but it started out relating to Fleetwood Mac!! I need to go back to the chit chat Ledge and ask again about artists we love besides FM, cuz there are GREAT artists out there I have NEVER heard of that I want to know about!! I found out about John Mayer on the radio, and I really like him, now! LOL