User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I'm in Yorkshire in England. We only have this ****ty "Mountain Dew Energy" drink that, quite frankly, I wouldn't let a Pig drink. It's awful. Aside from that, unless you get it specially shipped in, you're screwed.
It's so hard to believe, that such a popular product, isn't available everywhere.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's so hard to believe, that such a popular product, isn't available everywhere.
Well, it's only really popular in the US and those who acquired a taste when visiting, isn't it. I mean, you don't get Fag.gots (Not the offensive term but the offal cake, before a mod has a heart attack) and Kendal Mint Cake and they're pretty popular over here. I suppose it's a relative thing. When you love something so much you can't understand why it's not a universal thing, lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have family in the southern states, that love Big Red(which I guess they can't get down there), so they always buy cases and cases of it, when they're up here.
I have never seen Big Red outside of Texas. I had no idea it was even available elsewhere!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I have never seen Big Red outside of Texas. I had no idea it was even available elsewhere!
Oh yeah, we've always had it here. I'm not much of a cream soda guy though. I remember drinking it as a kid, but haven't had one in years.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, you don't get Fag.gots (Not the offensive term but the offal cake, before a mod has a heart attack) and Kendal Mint Cake and they're pretty popular over here. I suppose it's a relative thing. When you love something so much you can't understand why it's not a universal thing, lol.
Never heard of Fag.gots. Like a Twinkie or something?

My "thing" is TAB. It's my calling card, and I'm well known for being a TAB whore. Also, a TAB hoarder. I usually have about 35-40 12-packs of it on hand. Okay, I'm cheap, right? It's normally $5.50/12pack!!! Coke always puts it on sale on holiday weekends, usually for about $2.50, so I stock up then! Yes, I rotate my stock, so it doesn't go bad....

It will be an ugly day for the world, if they ever stop making my beloved TAB. Someone's goin' down, like a cheap hooker!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Never heard of Fag.gots. Like a Twinkie or something?

My "thing" is TAB. It's my calling card, and I'm well known for being a TAB whore. Also, a TAB hoarder. I usually have about 35-40 12-packs of it on hand. Okay, I'm cheap, right? It's normally $5.50/12pack!!! Coke always puts it on sale on holiday weekends, usually for about $2.50, so I stock up then! Yes, I rotate my stock, so it doesn't go bad....

It will be an ugly day for the world, if they ever stop making my beloved TAB. Someone's goin' down, like a cheap hooker!
Not even close to Twinkies lol. They're basically Offal (The bits they don't use for main meat products like Liver, Hearts, Stomach, etc), minced up and mixed with Breadcrumbs and Herbs before being balled, wrapped in Caul fat and baked.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not even close to Twinkies lol. They're basically Offal (The bits they don't use for main meat products like Liver, Hearts, Stomach, etc), minced up and mixed with Breadcrumbs and Herbs before being balled, wrapped in Caul fat and baked.
I don't know what Offal is...so it's like liverwurst or something?

Speaking of liver, since my charcoal and wood chips were still hot, I smoked some chicken livers! Talk about taste that will smack you in the face!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know what Offal is...so it's like liverwurst or something?

Speaking of liver, since my charcoal and wood chips were still hot, I smoked some chicken livers! Talk about taste that will smack you in the face!
I don't know what Liverwurst is lol. Offal is the waste parts of Animals. Such as organs and the parts of the meat that wouldn't go into your main meat products. Pretty much anything your Dog would eat lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know what Liverwurst is lol. Offal is the waste parts of Animals. Such as organs and the parts of the meat that wouldn't go into your main meat products. Pretty much anything your Dog would eat lol.
Well, we have that here, too. One version is called headcheese. Yeah, basically the guts and brains, and testes, etc.... Supposedly cheap hotdogs contain these things, too...

We also have braunschweiger, too. I'm not even sure what's in it, but it's a white trash delicacy! Every couple of years, I'll get a roll of it, and a bunch of saltines, and have at it!

Okay, curiosity killed the cat....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braunschweiger.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well, we have that here, too. One version is called headcheese. Yeah, basically the guts and brains, and testes, etc.... Supposedly cheap hotdogs contain these things, too...

We also have braunschweiger, too. I'm not even sure what's in it, but it's a white trash delicacy! Every couple of years, I'll get a roll of it, and a bunch of saltines, and have at it!

Okay, curiosity killed the cat....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braunschweiger.
Okay. Now I feel sick . I'm lucky I'm vegetarian so I can avoid the crap meat eaters can ingest. I don't see much offence being taken from Broccollicheese or Lettuceweiger lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lettuceweiger lol.

While I love meat, I'm okay without it, too. I go meat free, probably 3 days a week. Not out of any ideology, just trying to eat healthier.

That said, it's getting cold here now, and I'm CRAVING winter "Mom" foods. I try to allow myself these comfort foods, one day a week. Beef stew is first on my list!
Lettuceweiger probably won't make the list!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Silver Springs
This message has been deleted by Silver Springs.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hows everyone doing? Happy Halloween!!!!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 10-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

While I love meat, I'm okay without it, too. I go meat free, probably 3 days a week. Not out of any ideology, just trying to eat healthier.

That said, it's getting cold here now, and I'm CRAVING winter "Mom" foods. I try to allow myself these comfort foods, one day a week. Beef stew is first on my list!

Lettuceweiger probably won't make the list!
And "Lancashire Hotpot" is first on mine!

I LOVE offal, prefer kidneys to liver though. Mmmm, Steak & Kidney Pie, my mouth is watering!

I even like Haggis and Black Pudding!

I'm not a picky eater!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I even like Haggis
You even like it? It's hardly extreme - haha. It's lovely!! So good for you too. For those who are now freaking out, it is not made with the lining of sheep's stomach! It hasn't been cooked that way for years and years even when done more traditionally. As it is, all it is is eseentially is ground meat with spices in a casing. Lovely.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a deadline to meet for tuesday and no motivation to do the work at all.