The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I downloaded the free digital version that also came w/ the pre-order - GoMerch emailed the link "early" to make up for the shipping delay. Didn't they realize we could've already been listening to the free stream last week? But, just like a new Stevie, FM or Lindsey album, it deserves the full ritual and the first play must only be through the giant stereo speakers in my living room.

Last edited by Livia; 08-30-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Butch is gonna be on Carson Daly tonight, Wye Oak is performing. So, I wonder if Butch is performing too, or just talking, to promote his book and tour. ?? In any case, it's always good to see him getting some national exposure.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*bump* The Carson Daly rerun is this Monday night, Oct. 24 -the book is out on Tuesday. It was just a sit-down interview, but they showed a lot of video clips and played bits of the new album. I'm glad it's back, I accidentally deleted the first one from my DVR. I pre-ordered the book back in April from Amazon. I hope I have it before seeing two Butch shows in a couple weeks. I'm more of a picture taker than an autograph hound, but I want him to sign it, and write something witty just for me.

Last edited by Livia; 10-19-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing him on Monday! Can't wait. I am loving the hell out of The Spade and it's going to be so awesome live. Miiiight go on Tuesday as well, I'm at the end of a huge concert bender so I don't know if I'll have it in me. We shall see, if it's not sold out.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you follow him on Twitter? He's hilarious! Have a great time at the show - how can one NOT have a great time at a Butch concert? Yes, you should go to both. One's never enough for me - can't wait to see what he comes up w/ for Halloween.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Do you follow him on Twitter? He's hilarious! Have a great time at the show - how can one NOT have a great time at a Butch concert? Yes, you should go to both. One's never enough for me - can't wait to see what he comes up w/ for Halloween.
He is actually doing a book signing in Brooklyn before the show on Tuesday, so I'm thinking of planning to go to that to grab the book and an autograph and then see if there are still tix to the show. The signing is at 7, which is after doors for the concert, I believe, but either way, it will be worth the trip to BK!

I do follow him on Twitter! And Tumblr!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sooo, I ended up going to both shows (obv). I brought a friend with me to the first one and she is totally sold. Butch is just a master at work at his live shows, it is unbelievable. I love how he essentially opens for himself, playing solo at the piano and then guitar for a bit before bringing out the band and rocking out. So much good stuff, including some Marvelous 3 tunes! And Tuesday was neat because I went to his book signing and got to meet him for a sec and now also have the book, which I am very much enjoying! Butch is awesome.