Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone article

basically summary of the CBS interview, like what they also did in April when the "new band" sat down with CBS. all links to CBS videos of the whole interview are if you click at the article link too.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...lement-766573/

Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham Settle Lawsuit Over Dismissal From Band
“I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all,” guitarist tells CBS This Morning of settlement

By DANIEL KREPS

Lindsey Buckingham revealed in a new interview that he has settled his lawsuit against his former Fleetwood Mac bandmates.

Following Buckingham’s surprise firing from Fleetwood Mac in January, the guitarist filed a lawsuit against the band in October, alleging breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract, among other charges.

“Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court,” a rep for the band told Rolling Stone in October.

However, in an interview with CBS This Morning that aired Saturday – the guitarist’s first television interview since his dismissal – Buckingham said that the lawsuit was quietly settled a couple weeks ago.

“We’ve all signed off on something,” Buckingham said of the settlement. “I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

Buckingham did not elaborate on the terms of the settlement. Buckingham declined to comment to Rolling Stone. A rep for Fleetwood Mac did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

During the CBS This Morning interview, Buckingham talked about the “visceral” feeling of being dismissed from the band – reportedly at the behest of Stevie Nicks – and said that, since his firing, he hasn’t spoken to any of his former bandmates except for Christine McVie, who reached out to Buckingham recently.

“I have had, only in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten an email, which I expected to get, from Christine McVie,” Buckingham said; the two released their Buckingham/McVie album in 2017. “She wrote me an email and basically said, ‘Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much.’ She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.'”

Despite Fleetwood Mac’s ongoing and never-ending drama, Buckingham said he would be open to reuniting with his former bandmates in some capacity, if the timing’s right. However, his dismissal has a sense of finality to it, he said.

“I’m pretty much figuring that I won’t because a lot of people who know how convoluted Fleetwood Mac’s politics have been will say two years from now they’re gonna… and I’m like, ‘I’m not so sure.’ You know, it’s something is a little different this time,” Buckingham told CBS This Morning.

In addition to the interview, Buckingham performed three songs – “Treason,” “Big Love” and “Turn It On” – as part of the show’s Saturday Sessions:

In This Article: Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
heads up - someone who actually watched this pointed out there's extra unaired footage on here - he talks about his family, trying to talk it all over with Mick and Stevie and offering up to go to Maui, etc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
heads up - someone who actually watched this pointed out there's extra unaired footage on here - he talks about his family, trying to talk it all over with Mick and Stevie and offering up to go to Maui, etc.
Might want to make this bonus extended interview its own thread, just so people will take note of it.

I am with Lindsey. It's about the band tarnishing its legacy. Lindsey is willing to let them repair the damage. That is to his credit.

P.S. He shouldn't have speculated about the possibility that Stevie is jealous of his family. Lindsey's openness betrayed him there.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-08-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Old 12-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can't see this in Canada...............ARRRGGGGHHHHH
Old 12-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He says his main disappointment is not that he'll never get to play with them again, but that their legacy is now tarnished. He wanted to fly to Hawaii to meet with Mick and Stevie to get past the issue, but they refused. "There was another agenda," he said. He also said Stevie saying "he goes or I go" is tantamount to Mick Jagger saying "either Keith goes or I go." I think the analogy is perfect.

Finally he says maybe they'll get their current experiment out of their system and ask him back, in which case, for the sake of their legacy, he'd agree. He is clearly the adult in the room.

The one mistake he makes is speculating that Stevie may be jealous of his family life. That's not something to wonder aloud about on national television.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
He says his main disappointment is not that he'll never get to play with them again, but that their legacy is now tarnished. He wanted to fly to Hawaii to meet with Mick and Stevie to get past the issue, but they refused. "There was another agenda," he said. He also said Stevie saying "he goes or I go" is tantamount to Mick Jagger saying "either Keith goes or I go." I think the analogy is perfect.

Finally he says maybe they'll get their current experiment out of their system and ask him back, in which case, for the sake of their legacy, he'd agree. He is clearly the adult in the room.

The one mistake he makes is speculating that Stevie may be jealous of his family life. That's not something to wonder aloud about on national television.
yeah well...what she did to him was a new low, even for her. So really, I could care less about her. sorry, not sorry.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It could be taken as many things. I think it was presented as his way of trying to understand how his very presence could upset Stevie so much.

It might also have been a little wicked.

I don’t know.

But I loved it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It could be taken as many things. I think it was presented as his way of trying to understand how his very presence could upset Stevie so much.

It might also have been a little wicked.

I don’t know.

But I loved it.
yes to all of this. i actually loved that he finally expressed that KB is his soulmate.

many times in interviews SN would go off like his wife is insignificant, and like it's still him and her against the world. so hey-ho. good for him and for his loving supporting family.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no problem with him saying that. It's the same thing a lot of fans have thought and the fact that he thinks that's a reason validates fans opinion of Stevie.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:10 PM
cbBen
This message has been deleted by cbBen.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But it sure felt good to hear him say it! Sometimes people NEED to say the truth, and sometimes people NEED to hear the truth! Not $tevie. But normal people.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t see how they could get back together again.
Mick and Stevie ,especially Stevie, would have to eat an awful lot of humble pie.
I mean she said that she never wants to perform on the same stage with him.
How she going to square that and welcome Lindsey back.
Mick, yeah, for the sake of cash in his pocket, but Stevie apologising in public....
Can’t see that happening.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

I loved seeing this interview. THANK YOU for the links!

Quote:
It's interesting because when I was reading the thread and written comments prior to watching the interview, I reluctantly thought the same thing... reading some of his answers (in written form) gives them a harsher tone and I kind of cringed (for the record, I am definitely TeamLindsey!).

However as soon as I had time to watch/listen to him answering, they take a much softer, honest, from-the-heart kind of tone and delivery. It's hard to criticize. As someone else posted already, it does deliver as if he's been searching for answers as to why his very presence could offend SN so much and perhaps that is a truthful reason why. It's reasonable that he should think these thoughts out loud when finally given a platform to discuss it all.

I guess that is often the case with quotes pulled out of context and typed up (for anyone), but for me personally it's interesting to compare my own reactions. Just random thoughts here, I don't have much to add, sorry...

I loved the interview. Huge kudos to LB for being so gracious amongst such betrayal.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I loved seeing this interview. THANK YOU for the links!

It's interesting because when I was reading the thread and written comments prior to watching the interview, I reluctantly thought the same thing... reading some of his answers (in written form) gives them a harsher tone and I kind of cringed (for the record, I am definitely TeamLindsey!).

However as soon as I had time to watch/listen to him answering, they take a much softer, honest, from-the-heart kind of tone and delivery. It's hard to criticize. As someone else posted already, it does deliver as if he's been searching for answers as to why his very presence could offend SN so much and perhaps that is a truthful reason why. It's reasonable that he should think these thoughts out loud when finally given a platform to discuss it all.

I guess that is often the case with quotes pulled out of context and typed up (for anyone), but for me personally it's interesting to compare my own reactions. Just random thoughts here, I don't have much to add, sorry...

I loved the interview. Huge kudos to LB for being so gracious amongst such betrayal.

You nailed it. I think she is completely jealous of him and his wife (just like some shippers). She does not have a life like Lindsey or even Christine. They don't walk around thinking they are superstars. They are not entitled diva like idiots. And when you walk around with entitlement and know it's eventually coming to an end... well as you say. LB represents something she will never have, a family, love from people that are actually involved with him other than a paycheck. I love his comment about involving himself with people who actually care about what he's doing AND not just collecting money. (yes, I know they all love money... but he actually wants to back it up with creativity)

Her life is mainly superficial... and to add insult to injury, she couldn't even create new music for the new album. She's a sad lonely person that took this band over to validate her pathetic life and stab a knife in LB's back.

Why? because he doesn't buy her big bag of bull***. And it's coming clear, neither does Christine.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-11-2018 at 10:02 AM..