The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always take notes during this show, but all I write is their name, the song they did, and then either good, rocked!, meh, or sucked. Tonight I wrote, "LOVE HER!" next to Dilana's name.

Then I draw stars next to who I'm gonna vote for. I was also disappointed w/ Patrice's performance tonight, but I gotta vote for the hometown talent. I'm also voting for Lukas, Dilana, Storm (my favorite performance of hers so far), and Magni.

Last edited by Livia; 07-25-2006 at 10:18 PM..
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Dilana rules. I love love love her.
She is far and away the star of this season's show. I liked Magni tonight too. I couldn't believe Jill was dry humping Gilby on national television. Gawd. Storm was good tonight. Loved the crowd surfing. Felt bad for Josh. He got stuck with a song that just wasn't him. Is it me or are they editing Patrice to look like a bitch? Or maybe that's just the way she is? The Australian guy is bland-o.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-25-2006 at 11:20 PM..
Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
I was also disappointed w/ Patrice's performance tonight, but I gotta vote for the hometown talent.
I'm getting the feeling that whoever edits the show doesn't like her. Not only did they make her out to be a bitch, IMO but her lighting and camera angles were harsh tonight.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a link to Patrice's latest blog - she does not have a reputation for being a b*tch around here, she's usually pretty nice. I think she overreacted to Dave last night - I was waiting for her to go, "And WHAT band are you in these days?"

http://rockstar2006patrice.spaces.msn.com/blog/cns!21395E55EDEEFC43!343.entry?txtName=HARDCHERRY&blogcs=end
Old 07-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dilana blew me away last night, as usual. How she made an accoustic Time After Time rock, I don't know. But she did. I want her to win so bad.

I threw a vote Storm's way too, she's consistently good. I liked Lukas & Jill too. Not a huge fan of the grinding either, but Gilby overreacted, I thought - she's a hot little blond fronting a rock band dsinging BROWN SUGAR, for God's sake, waht did you expect her to do?

Zayra - get the f*ck out. Please & thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Dilana blew me away last night, as usual. How she made an accoustic Time After Time rock, I don't know. But she did. I want her to win so bad.

I threw a vote Storm's way too, she's consistently good. I liked Lukas & Jill too. Not a huge fan of the grinding either, but Gilby overreacted, I thought - she's a hot little blond fronting a rock band dsinging BROWN SUGAR, for God's sake, waht did you expect her to do?

Zayra - get the f*ck out. Please & thanks.
The grinding thing wouldn't have bothered me so much if she only did it once - but she kept going back to him and he kept moving away! I could understand it being annoying, especially when trying to play an instrument.

Yes, Zayra- get the f*ck out. I hope tonight's her night to go!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Got dangit

I wanna hug Phil. He looked so defeated last night. In his blog at the MSN Rockstar site..he says that the show is bugging him because the band is CLEARLY hard rock and yet they are giving them songs like One Headlight and Time After Time (didn't care for Dilana's version...I did like ROF though).

Jason needs to get over the damn wobbling. That's his thing. I like that Tommy said "Don't lose that." Why should he change what he's been doing for many, many years?

I thought Marty did I Alone better last year, but Ryan was okay. Not a fan though.

Josh needs to go...along with Jill, Zayda and Patrice who bores me to tears.

I cannot stand Lukas' voice. There's no way I could listen to him for long. Unless he opens that voice like they want him to...Dilana is gonna win this thing, hands down.

Toby is hot and I like his voice.

Magni is average to me.

Storm...I like her voice at times, but not at others. Wierd.

Dana...didn't see her performance. She's not rock...I don't care what they say.

I voted like a madwoman for Phil last night. I hope he fights for a rockin' song next week if he stays. I hope Josh goes...he's totally wrong.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I cannot stand Lukas' voice. There's no way I could listen to him for long. Unless he opens that voice like they want him to.
Lukas is starting to get repetitive. His vocal range seems pretty limited, too.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The *only* person I like on this show is Dilana. All the rest are pretenders, IMO. I haven't caught the whole series, but she definitely deserves to win.

Zayra, please be gone. I CANNOT stand her.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked Dana a lot last night, after having really disliked her before. Storm and Dilana's performances were the best by far. My husband couldn't get past Dilana's outfit though--he said she looked like a clown.
Josh could have done much more with his song. He needs to just perform the song he gets to the max rather than complain that the song selections don't have enough soul. Patrice was dull, and I agree that her lighting was really bad. I liked what Dilby said about Jill's grinding--cheap and easy, or something? She did look really cheap. She needs to behave like the leader of the band instead of a drunken groupie.

I think Zayra will definitely go tonight.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation ************Spoiler Warning***********

The people who went to the taping came back with information about tonight's show. I hear it will be a DOOZY too.

*********SPOILER BELOW*********

Phil is out.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 07-26-2006 at 03:55 PM..
Old 07-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When your subscribed thread responses get emailed to you, there is no "blocked out" spoiler text. So, thaaaanks! If you do it like I did back on page 6, one would have to scroll down in order to read the spoiler. If using email at the time, one could simply click "delete" and not read it.

But I'm not mad, cuz THAT person getting booted makes me VERY happy!!!

Last edited by Livia; 07-26-2006 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Crap!

Sorry about that, Livia!! I didn't know it didn't put the spoiler in the emails.

I'll edit my post, but the cats outta the bag for some peeps.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I felt kind of badly for Phil, but seriously, there is no way he could have fronted that band.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Should have been Zayra. BUT - as soon as Phil replied to their question about his commitment, I knew he had just dug his own grave. He said "I do want to win this contest" or "this show" or something to that effect. He did NOT say "I want to be in this band." Nice going, ass.

Oh well, I wasn't a huge fan anyway, but I want to strangle Zayra. I cannot believe she's still there. Patrice was 1000 better last night. Loved her.