Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am planning on getting an updated CD player with new speakers to enjoy this sound. I know every beat, chord, song, and sound from the Mirage concert. In February 1983, I woke up at 2 am to record the HBO concert on a tape recorder from the TV. I went to school the same morning and would listen to my cassette tape concert for years LMAO.

I am looking forward to the perfect sounds coming from the live CD. I am disappointed no new songs but this is still amazing.

Best version of Gypsy ever - so acoustic and almost country sounding. Stevie's voice and passion is amazing

Love in Store - what a gem live. To hear Stevie back up Chris is an angelic orchestra

Best version of Sisters of the Moon - the speaking in tongues - a true classic

Not that funny - to listen to a real piano at a real concert - too much for words

Go your own way - just one of the best live versions ever

The Chain - look out! Christine is on fire with singing back up. She is practically yelling.

Songbird - just so beautiful and the best - Thank you Los Angeles

Eyes of the World - Stevie's goat singing is actually such a plus on this song. Plus the rarity of Christine on tambourine - hey I got this too.

You Make Loving Fun - just one of the best versions ever. Stevie's little dance is so cute.

Blue Letter - such a classic live and some great harmonies that almost sound like they are struggling but it adds to the song.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:06 PM

^^^^ yes to all of it!!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
These deluxe sets have been worth the wait . I'm sure Tango is next and maybe after that we will get the Pre Rumours line up in the same treatment.
I wouldn't imagine there's a lot it was expensive vo use tape, most bands back then went in cut an album toured 6 months later back in cut another album and toured ,but I like to think they had a few that was never used
Old 05-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I wouldn't imagine there's a lot it was expensive vo use tape, most bands back then went in cut an album toured 6 months later back in cut another album and toured ,but I like to think they had a few that was never used

True......but I think about all these gems we got from the Rumours and Tusk and now the Mirage deluxe releases that we never heard (even us boot collectors) Who knows what's in the "vault".
Old 05-14-2016, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am planning on getting an updated CD player with new speakers to enjoy this sound.
May I suggest ELAC Speakers engineered by Andrew Jones.
There's a couple of different models so check them out.
Great sound at a very affordable price.

If they are out of range ($), he also designed speakers for
Pioneer. They're the best cheap speakers I've ever heard.

If you can't find the model numbers let me know. The key
being the one's Andrew Jones designed.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just going over the Deluxe Box Set.

The tinting on the outer box looks like
they're suffering from jaundice. While
the vinyl album cover's color seems rich.

I didn't notice the old hag on the cover as
much as I used to. Maybe it had to do with
the clarity of the album art this time.

Anyway the set looks nice.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The deluxe set is at #12 on Amazon UK! It's currently selling more than Adele's 25!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The deluxe set is at #12 on Amazon UK! It's currently selling more than Adele's 25!

What about in the US?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is going to be great - worth wait, and hopefully the herald of a similar reissue for Tango on its 30th anniversary next year.

But I too am bamboozled by the lack of DVD stuff. It's so odd that a band whose live shows are so electric, and whose visual appeal is so strong seem not to realise it, or value it. I mean, when it comes to 70s bands, who would you rather look at, The Eagles or Fleetwood Mac?

I can only assume that the rights are an issue, as other have mentioned, but at leats they could have given us the promo videos for Gypsy and Hold Me - and that very eccentric and entertaining mimeathon for Oh Diane... Ah well, maybe next time...
Old 05-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
What about in the US?
The highest I saw it at was #43 which is still amazing considering the price. It's currently at #85.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
May I suggest ELAC Speakers engineered by Andrew Jones.
There's a couple of different models so check them out.
Great sound at a very affordable price.

If they are out of range ($), he also designed speakers for
Pioneer. They're the best cheap speakers I've ever heard.

If you can't find the model numbers let me know. The key
being the one's Andrew Jones designed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I LOVE me some Mirage tour!
Old 05-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am surprised at how little I seem to care about this release. I have Mirage on CD and in e form. I am unable to work up a desire to buy this version regardless of how great it may seem to have the added content.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am surprised at how little I seem to care about this release. I have Mirage on CD and in e form. I am unable to work up a desire to buy this version regardless of how great it may seem to have the added content.
"Now is the winter of our discontent."
Old 05-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Just going over the Deluxe Box Set.

The tinting on the outer box looks like
they're suffering from jaundice. While
the vinyl album cover's color seems rich.

I didn't notice the old hag on the cover as
much as I used to. Maybe it had to do with
the clarity of the album art this time.

Anyway the set looks nice.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

More here, plus a heads-up up on AmazonUK selling cheaper than AmazonUS: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/fe...luxeedition%29

Fleetwood Mac Mirage box: almost brilliant

Having failed to include the already available 5.1 mix of Fleetwood Mac‘s Rumours in their 2013 super deluxe edition Warners haven’t made the same mistake with last year’s Tusk box or the forthcoming Mirage set which was announced this week…

The Mirage box looks like a satisfying package although SDE readers have already identified a few niggles..

• Despite all the content (outtakes, live, etc.) the Mirage box fails to include the seven-inch of Gypsy, described by one reader as an “inexcusable omission”.

• The DVD looks to be an audio-only affair. Why not include the videos to Hold Me and Gypsy? It’s perfectly feasible to mix a 5.1 mix with video content.

• And why is it a DVD and not a blu-ray audio? Warners have used the format for Van Morrison and Crosby Stills Nash & Young so why not Fleetwood Mac? Presumably, the label would argue that the widespread appeal of the band isn’t aligned with blu-ray audio which might be considered ‘niche’ and of interest largely to super-fans and audiophiles. Maybe, but having gone to the effort of creating a 5.1 mix, why wouldn’t you want to show it off at it’s best, with lossless surround sound? Music is the product being sold, is it not? They could have thrown a blu-ray in the package too and charged an extra fiver – everyone would have been happy.

• The biggest sin is to continue to bundle vinyl into the super deluxe box. Vinyl, like blu-ray audio is niche, but that hasn’t stopped it being included. For many people the vinyl will be superfluous.

So it’s certainly not perfect, but few box sets are, I suppose (although I’d argue a case for Tears For Fears’ Songs From The Big Chair coming close).

The positives with the Mirage box is that the second disc of bonus outtakes and alternates looks amazing, as does the live disc and at least we’re getting a 5.1 mix, even if it’s not lossless. Best of all, the box is great value, especially at this moment in time in the UK where you can pick it up for £42. For SDE friends in America, once you deduct VAT that gives you a price of $50 + shipping, HALF the price US Amazon is charging.