User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2002, 08:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stephmoore
2. These folks will more than likely drop dead before they ever release another new album. (The whole situation surrounding the death of Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile just increased my worry for LB and SN, with their family histories of heart disease.)
...And now comes the news about John Entwhistle of the Who. Dying of a heart attack on the day before the Who were to start a tour.

The members of the Mac aren't getting any younger either. I'm utterly terrified that we'll lose them before we see any more new music out of them.

And there are WAY too many bad precedents out there (consider the surviving members of Nirvana and Courtney Love (Kirt Cobain's widow), or Yoko Ono and Paul McCartney) about unreleased music and dead band members.....

Man, I'm scaring myself here.....gotta get away from my computer for a little while.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stephmoore

...And now comes the news about John Entwhistle of the Who. Dying of a heart attack on the day before the Who were to start a tour.

The members of the Mac aren't getting any younger either. I'm utterly terrified that we'll lose them before we see any more new music out of them.
please.... don't get borbid, okay?, yes, things happen, but normally people don't just die in their 50's you know...
the frightning point i think, is that those people, over the years, did not always favoured working together and they DO have this love-hate relations which goes around in circles over the years, their obligation to the band tends to be short-living in the last 20 years.
an additional pre-new-album project just might harm this very fragile band structure, and why risk it for a GH album?...
in a way, Warners may just be the zookeeper disturbing the pandas' mating

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Sorry Tommer

but I gotta agree with Stephmoore. It's not being morbid; it's being realistic. Sure, it's a rare occurence for someone in their 50s to have a heart attack & die, but it happens. This is the first thing I said to my husband after I heard the news about the Who's bass player's heart attack, that I hope it doesn't happen to anybody in Fleetwood Mac. The way they did drugs & partied; it's gotta be a strain on you. And Stevie's parents both have heart disease. Stevie's had several bouts with drugs. I hope they've all been checked out completely by their doctors.

Lee