User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I only recently heard the demo for WTTRS for the first time, and I thought it was much better than the album version, imho.
I agree. The demo had more gravitas that somehow grounded the rambling lyrics whereas the "island jam" version that Buckingham came up only highlighted the lyrics incoherence.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
24 K gold will long be forgotten when they get off the road. A good album but its not going to sell these days. A new Mac album with all 5? Will sell more then ANY of them solo and that includes Stevie. Stevie has cemented her legacy with two good new solo albums in her 60's. Now it's time to cement the bands legacy that made her famous. FM cannot go out as just an oldies, cash grab act. If they had a great new album (even if it didn't sell) it would be a fitting and triumphant end to this band. But she's being selfish because she doesn't like the way her songs come out with Lindsey. Is she forgetting Gypsy, Sara, Dreams, Gold Dust woman and an F load of others? Is she basing their whole future on Say You will? Lindsey's solo work has been great lately. This new album would be fantastic and I have no doubt Lindsey would be highly motivated to make her songs great. I am bitterly disappointed at Miss Naracissanicks. BTW Lindsey had his hands full with her Tango songs...did the best he could but due to the drugs her songs were sub par.
It never seems to sink in that this not about sales. Using that arguement is lame. A Fleetwood Mac album sell more but it will struggle to go gold and probably will not peak at number one. It's not going to make them money.

As far as 24k gold is concerned, it is a great entry into her album history and most people who pick it up WITHOUT bias or anger will really like it and she will gain fans.

Her decision needs to be based on artistry.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I only recently heard the demo for WTTRS for the first time, and I thought it was much better than the album version, imho.[/QUOTE]

Just heard it...not any better. In this phase of Stevie's career she was all over the place with her vocal performances and was very affected.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With all the muttering and chatting about this album.I wonder if it will get any radio recognition and airplay or it will get Frisbee'd into the stations round file .SYW had radio airplay.Stevie's IYD got round filed and probably 24K end up there too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Major diva

I would just like to say that I like Stevie's music with the mac and solo but she is a major diva with control issues. She is seriously going to **** on Chris coming back and not participate on an album? Just to show how important she is to the band.

I just watched the In Your Dreams Documentary and she did the same thing to Dave as Mick telling them how to play their parts and how not to play their parts. And she said and told Dave, I alienated Lindsey from my project for telling me how to write. So it's funny the issue she has with Lindsey everyone around her graciously just does as they are told to appease the queen BEE eeeeeep.

Just saying control issues. I love what Dave Stewart did with some of the songs but he was held in check too. I just would think that at this point in her life, she would have grown up a bit and lived for more than her own selfish interests.

What about the legacy of the band. I'm sure she will come around and this is just a I can act out and show how much I control.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
I would just like to say that I like Stevie's music with the mac and solo but she is a major diva with control issues. She is seriously going to **** on Chris coming back and not participate on an album? Just to show how important she is to the band.

I just watched the In Your Dreams Documentary and she did the same thing to Dave as Mick telling them how to play their parts and how not to play their parts. And she said and told Dave, I alienated Lindsey from my project for telling me how to write. So it's funny the issue she has with Lindsey everyone around her graciously just does as they are told to appease the queen BEE eeeeeep.

Just saying control issues. I love what Dave Stewart did with some of the songs but he was held in check too. I just would think that at this point in her life, she would have grown up a bit and lived for more than her own selfish interests.

What about the legacy of the band. I'm sure she will come around and this is just a I can act out and show how much I control.

I sometimes wonder how she would have grown had she had a partner and some children to be unselfish for.....

~ hides ~

Old 11-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I sometimes wonder how she would have grown had she had a partner and some children to be unselfish for.....

~ hides ~
Don't hide. I think the anti-Stevie sentiment is growing constantly.

She is so full of herself, that it's embarrassing now.

I think she's probably jealous of how much the world wanted Chris to come back. "So I'm not all IT". Indeed...
Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Don't hide. I think the anti-Stevie sentiment is growing constantly.

She is so full of herself, that it's embarrassing now.

I think she's probably jealous of how much the world wanted Chris to come back. "So I'm not all IT". Indeed...
And whatever happened to:"I'm so grateful to the band for taking me in too, they were after Lindsey". Is this how she shows her gratitude?? And how about she wanted to pay Chris 5 million dollars to come back? Was that just hot air because she knew it would never happen? I thought she acted weird right from the beginning when Chris came back. It was like she distanced herself.
I'm sorry I used to love her to death but you have a point: she is so full of herself it's not even funny anymore.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

~ hides ~
Valid point!!! And don't hide, no need

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-18-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
And whatever happened to:"I'm so grateful to the band for taking me in too, they were after Lindsey". Is this how she shows her gratitude?? And how about she wanted to pay Chris 5 million dollars to come back? Was that just hot air because she knew it would never happen? I thought she acted weird right from the beginning when Chris came back. It was like she distanced herself.
I'm sorry I used to love her to death but you have a point: she is so full of herself it's not even funny anymore.
I really thought she was sincere when she said that. I know she loves Christine, I think she just loves attention more. Showing Lindsey she can do it without him seems to be her goal, lately.

It's time to let go mama, you're way too old for that. Give Lindsey a big hug and kiss and say, "Of course I'll make an album with you and Chris, baby!!" Baabbbbyyyyyyy baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. whatsamatta baby!!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-18-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I really thought she was sincere when she said that. I know she loves Christine, I think she just loves attention more. Showing Lindsey she can do it without him seems to be her goal, lately.

It's time to let go mama, you're way too old for that. Give Lindsey a big hug and kiss and say, "Of course I'll make an album with you and Chris, baby!!" Baabbbbyyyyyyy baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. whatsamatta baby!!!
hahaha agreed! She's has had plenty of opportunity to work on her solo career in the time since Say You Will (which she has done).

It may not be what she had planned, but she should know more than anyone that things change and maybe this is a fantastic opportunity. Not only for her own artistry and legacy, but the band that made her a legend.

But if it comes down to the wire and her heart still isn't in it...then I guess I don't want her to participate. I don't want her to half ass it and then blame Lindsey when she's not happy with the end results.

Last edited by pauls90; 11-18-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
OMG great minds think alike! I posted that a long time ago when the Chris thing came out. I thought she was very sarcastic and rude in interviews and I thought "there is no way Stevie is gonna dig not being front and center. She can smile and gush all she wants but it's all PR BS".Everyone thought I was nuts so I'm glad you posted I think we're on to something so don't hide! You can do a search of my posts about this (if you're bored! )and you can see the similarities. Sorry guys I'm just so relieved that I wasn't a total bee-ach in my viewpoint
Old 11-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

was anyone else cracking up when she was on the today show with Kathy Lee and Hoda and she said "I just know you need me on this show"....um ok. You're not the only person who likes to watch the show. Self absorbed just a little?
Old 11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

In reality we do not know what is going on behind the scenes among the 5. Stevie is really the one who wears her heart on her sleeve, says what's she is feeling (showing it in facial gestures, tone, etc.). Perhaps she is a bit jealous; she was the only female energy for so long, it may be hard to get used to. Stevie has never been one to hold back, Chris and Lindsey on the other hand, know how to hold their tongue, choose their words, and are a PR's dream. 35 sum years has taught them well! Stevie is an easy target because yes, without a doubt she is ego-centrical and self absorbed, (which rock star/ artist isn't) but most of all, because she puts herself out there to be analyzed. For this, I am grateful, she is authentic. Love her or hate her, she is who she is.
"Authenticity is not needing external approval to feel good about your actions."
Old 11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

I may or may not give a $4!T anymore