User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
But unlike Stevie and Christine, he would surely like to financially secure the future of his three children.

Personally, I miss her playing way more. Her style really thickens the sound and makes it richer. I don't think they will ever have another monster hit in the future, no matter who writes the songs. It's more likely for an old song to be rediscovered by a new generation like Everywhere was after the pony commercial.
Pony commercial???

It was Stevie who had the monster Super bowl commercial with "Landslide"

Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
As for FM's recent surge in popularity look no further than Stevie Nicks...Stevie has been tirelessly promoting herself as well as FM since she started work on "IYD" and it paid off...
Yes. Because when most people talk about Fleetwood Mac, they talk about IYD.

Quote:
Stevie and Lindsey have both said it would be nice to go out the same way they came in and that is as Buckingham/Nicks...Stevie & Lindsey are going to have to make a decision here between Solo-Buckingham/Nicks or FM because I don't see all these things getting done...

It's possible Lindsey may not want Christine keeping him in check if you will...
Lindsey would TOTALLY rather do another Buckingham Nicks project over a Fleetwood Mac project with Christine McVie...Yep. He'd rather celebrate a band that got dropped over one of the greatest bands ever.

Quote:
Lindsey puts a lot of effort into his work so I don't think he wants anyone saying "Oh you had to bring Christine back in order to make a good record"
More like he puts a lot of effort into his work, and he'd actually like it to get noticed. You know, the EXACT reason "Say You Will" (Fleetwood Mac) was released over the original "Gift Of Screws" (Lindsey solo).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

More like he puts a lot of effort into his work, and he'd actually like it to get noticed. You know, the EXACT reason "Say You Will" (Fleetwood Mac) was released over the original "Gift Of Screws" (Lindsey solo).
This I think is partially true. If I remember correctly Lindsey did say that originally he was trying to get his solo work out and that he was hoping FM would drum up more interest in him so he could get WB to release it.

But then WB came back and agreed to release the CD provided he keep Mick on the drums and wanted to bill it with Lindsey and Mick doing promotions together. Lindsey however scrapped that idea because he was already talking to FM about touring and that was moving forward so he left his solo work behind, which he did NOT have to do.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie and Lindsey have both said it would be nice to go out the same way they came in and that is as Buckingham/Nicks...Stevie & Lindsey are going to have to make a decision here between Solo-Buckingham/Nicks or FM because I don't see all these things getting done...
I though about this but I wasn't going to bring it up. Neither was going to bring up Micks comment that things were as they were suppose to be with Buckingham Nicks up front and Fleetwood Mac in the back.

But again, if Christine was willing to rejoin Mick would be the first one to welcome her back with open arms.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pony commercial???

No, I mean this commercial:

It made Everywhere chart in the UK after 20 years at no. 15. No commercial with horses should be without Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, I don't think Lindsey is trying to block her return. He just wants her to be a full partner in the process. While I don't think that's necessary I do see why he feels it is. In truth, I think he'd be elated to work with her again. A lot of what seems like resistance to her presence is related to her two-off performances in London...a very specific case.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I recall after the Clinton deal Mick & Lindsey were on Larry King or Charlie Rose or one of those shows and whoever it was put Lindsey on the spot and said "are you coming back" and LB said "there's no reason not to" so I wish I knew if this Guardian reporter put Christine on the spot or not.

John
Old 11-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey would TOTALLY rather do another Buckingham Nicks project over a Fleetwood Mac project with Christine McVie...Yep. He'd rather celebrate a band that got dropped over one of the greatest bands ever.

i love you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Honestly, I don't think Lindsey is trying to block her return. He just wants her to be a full partner in the process. While I don't think that's necessary I do see why he feels it is. In truth, I think he'd be elated to work with her again. A lot of what seems like resistance to her presence is related to her two-off performances in London...a very specific case.
another voice of reason! wow, what is happening with the ledge? i'm shocked and pleased.
although i don't really buy that he resisted her performing with them in London (or if he did, that would be for the 1st date - because of that idiotic reviews reason - not the other 2), since he said earlier in the year that he would 1) love it if she'd come on the stage and do a song with them, and 2) be shocked and pleased if she decides to come back to FM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I recall after the Clinton deal Mick & Lindsey were on Larry King or Charlie Rose or one of those shows and whoever it was put Lindsey on the spot and said "are you coming back" and LB said "there's no reason not to" so I wish I knew if this Guardian reporter put Christine on the spot or not.

John
can you give a bit more details, i've never heard/read that and would love to? was that in 1993 or 1997? i would be surprised if he said in 1997, but i thought he was saying the opposite in 1993?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pony commercial???

Everywhere with a moonwalking pony was one of the most popular ads of the year in England. It put the single back on the charts. There's a thread about it in this forum.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
This I think is partially true. If I remember correctly Lindsey did say that originally he was trying to get his solo work out and that he was hoping FM would drum up more interest in him so he could get WB to release it.

But then WB came back and agreed to release the CD provided he keep Mick on the drums and wanted to bill it with Lindsey and Mick doing promotions together. Lindsey however scrapped that idea because he was already talking to FM about touring and that was moving forward so he left his solo work behind, which he did NOT have to do.
Not exactly. The original "Gift of Screws" is pretty much why Mick split up Fleetwood Mac in 1996. Mick and Lindsey reconnected towards the end of the recording of "Time" and Lindsey asked Mick to play on his album. All of that lead to "The Dance." After "The Dance," there was a changing of the guard at Warners, and Lindsey sat on the album for a few years, debating whether or not to release it as a solo album or as part of a Fleetwood Mac album (since Mick and the McVies were on it), and he decided it would be better received as part of a Fleetwood Mac project.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-23-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Old 11-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Lindsey, Stevie, and Mick all have bigger egos than Chris or John. I'm not saying that they're not nice, loving, or generous, but they can think highly of themselves. I think that Stevie would be willing to take a pay cut to have Chris back.
Yes, when Stevie said she would give Christine $5,000,000 I think she might have been exaggerating just a little, but she'd give up a lot of profit herself to make that work one last time.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, when Stevie said she would give Christine $5,000,000 I think she might have been exaggerating just a little, but she'd give up a lot of profit herself to make that work one last time.
I wonder if it would be less actual dollars or just less of a percentage. Having Christine back would command a higher ticket price (how much, I don't know), so it's possible that Stevie would make the same with Christine than without. Either way, I'm sure she's not as concerned about the money as she is getting Christine back in the band at this point. Also, I wonder if it would be "one last time" or if there would be more.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IYD is the record they should have made...Not that they should sound like Stevie Nicks but it would not hurt them to do something other than the "Buckingham/Rumours" sound...I'm quite sure John & Mick would be thrilled if LB would suggest they record a few blues numbers...What's the John quote? "Bloody hell we're supposed to be a blues band"

Quote:
Don't forget if it weren't for "Buckingham/Nicks" Fleetwood Mac would possibly be just a footnote in some "History of rock" story...

Quote:
If LB want's to be noticed then he needs to put himself out there more because sitting around waiting for FM isn't working very well...
Old 11-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
Finally, didn't Christine herself said she doesn't have any kind of relationship with him, and doesn't consider him a friend? And we all know he is a control freak to a degree where he would choose what Stevie could wear on stage. So beside all this, and Christine pointing him out in a recent interview, the problem is still Stevie. Funny...
Christine didn't point Lindsey out in a recent interview. The interviewer asked her about him and she answered.

And while she said they weren't friends socially when he left in 1987, she also said she wanted to work with him again and said that she hoped they would. She didn't say that had no relationship, not since she left the group in 1998. I do recall that in about 2003 when asked if he'd been in touch with the band over the holidays Lindsey said something like he hadn't talked to Christine much since she left and had no real relationship with John outside of the band. And Christine also said she hadn't been in touch with Lindsey although she emailed and talked with the others at various times, John and Mick sometimes, Mick and Stevie at others. But there have also been years when she said she and Stevie hadn't been in touch and she and John hadn't been in touch.

As for Stevie's grandmother sweater, she says he asked her if she had to dress so flashy or something. She didn't say he told her to wear a granny sweater or otherwise selected her clothes and about 35 years ago she said that he didn't like the way she dressed because he didn't like all the men looking at her, but Stevie saying that Lindsey objected to an outfit is a far cry from proof that Lindsey is such a control freak that he wants to dictate what she wears on stage anymore than it is evidence that he has forbidden her from removing her mic from its stand. I say things to my friends and relatives all the time about their hair, clothes, what tv shows they should watch and movies they should see or shouldn't. I even told my mother she should have consulted with me about her cataract surgery just the other day. I am constantly telling them what they shouldn't do and what possessions of theirs I don't like, but they don't listen to me and I'm not dictating to them. I am stating an opinion to people I know will listen if they feel like or not, if they think I'm being an idiot.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
We can't be having Stevie giving away lots of money...Think of what that might mean... We don't want poor little Sulamith Wulfing wearing outfits from K-mart now do we...