Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Sara...

So I read Sara is in the last set list. I heard she said in the past she'll never perform that song live again. Some said because of bitter feelings, but I read she said that song was too good (studio) to play live, or something like that.

Anyway, I'd love to listen this new live version. Very sad it'll not be included in the Boston dvd coming soon. Grrr.....!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default also

Also I read something along those lines, she said that the song does not come across very good live, and that Sara means a lot to her, too much to do live.

but ive seen video, the one they showed in the US i think, on VH1 classic, and i think she did it pretty good, but not as good as the studio version lo

xx
Old 05-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Ledgie

You can hear a recording of it at www.bluewhitefire.com
Old 05-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike, were you the one who recorded this? What type of recording device did you use? I am trying to figure this out so my bootlegs will come out better.

Maria
Old 05-12-2004, 10:48 AM
AnthonyMI
This message has been deleted by Vianna.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can hear a recording of it at www.bluewhitefire.com
Am I the only one who has a VERY hard time finding the downloads at bluewhitefire?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Am I the only one who has a VERY hard time finding the downloads at bluewhitefire?
No you're not alone, but once you know it:

click fireflies and then downloads.

gerald

Old 05-12-2004, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnona Call
Also I read something along those lines, she said that the song does not come across very good live, and that Sara means a lot to her, too much to do live.
I've read that too. But why would a song about Mick's wife mean so much that it would be hard for her to do live!?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To Me Sara is about Stevie herself ~ Here's a quote from Stevie:

I wrote Sara on the piano, by myself. The original Sara was 16 minutes long. Like about nine more verses than what you hear on the record. It got edited down to 14 minutes, down to 11 minutes, down to 9 minutes, down to 7 minutes, down to 4 minutes and 40 seconds. I was to the point where I went, 'Is the word Sara even going to be left in the song?'

I knew that Sara would be very popular because I loved writing that song. I've had more fun writing that...I remember the night I wrote it. 'I sat up with a very good friend of mine whose name is Sara, who was married to Mick Fleetwood. She likes to think it's completely about her, but it's really not completely about her. It's about me, about her, about Mick, about Fleetwood Mac. Its about all of us at that point. There's little bits about each one of us in that song and when it had all the other verses it really covered a vast bunch of people. Sara was the kind of song you could fall in love with, because I fell in love with it...
~Stevie Nicks, Tommy Vance show, May 1994
----------------------------------------------------------------

Sara [is my most personal song] It's about myself, and what all of us in Fleetwood Mac were going through at the time. The true version of that song is 16 minutes long. It's a saga with many verses people haven't heard.
~Stevie Nicks, Us magazine, July 1990

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 05-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Jessica Leigh
Old 05-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I've read that too. But why would a song about Mick's wife mean so much that it would be hard for her to do live!?
Couldn't have been that hard. She's done it -- inside & out of Fleetwood Mac -- probably about 400 times onstage.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-12-2004, 08:34 PM
AnthonyMI
Old 05-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sara

We do not all have to like Sara but please in your comments about the song remember the rules for posting on the Ledge. Disagree with people respectfully. I deleted three messages, an original and two that made no sense without the original. The original post was reported for rudeness.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 05-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna
We do not all have to like Sara but please in your comments about the song remember the rules for posting on the Ledge. Disagree with people respectfully. I deleted three messages, an original and two that made no sense without the original. The original post was reported for rudeness.

LMAO. Seriously? One of my posts deleted for rudeness? That is a first. I guess I have been gone way to long for anyone to remember my sense of humor.

To those that missed it, I did a "critque" of the Sara MP3 and the fans singing along. I guess I did a good job because I was going for a Simon Cowell impression. I guess Simon Cowell should be reported for rudeness too because I made it pretty clear I was doing a parody of him. Not that anyone these days cares about rudeness on television. Remember how popular that mean British chick was from Weakest Link? (hmm, why are British people so mean on T.V.) Does anybody watch that American Idol show?

Anyhow,I love Sara! Always have.

Sorry to that person, whoever you are. I was not REALLY making fun of the screaming fans, just a comment disguised in a misunderstood parody. When something is written inside of a "(whatever)" and closed with a "(/whatever)" is is kinda web standard (based on coding) to represent what the enclosed text is supposed to be. So if I were to write

(forrestgump)I looove you Jenny(/forrestgump)

I am doing a Forrest Gump impression in his voice.

or

(rhett)Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn(/rhett)

I just did a rhett butler impression.

And in the case of the missing post

(simon) That was the worst performance i have ever heard. You suck (/simon)

(Pretty good impression eh?)

Ok, glad I got that cleared up.

I wont let this ruin my day. In fact, I plan on spending 1.5 seconds thinking about it! If I had not figured out a long time ago that the world does not revolve around Fleetwood Mac.net and there is such a thing as a life outside of the Ledge (gasp! sorry to burst any bubbles), at least for me anyhow, I might have just become suicidal and slit my wrists because of rejection. That or I would still be checking the ledge 5 times a day and debating Black Dress.

Last edited by AnthonyMI; 05-13-2004 at 08:57 AM..
Old 05-13-2004, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna

Whaaaat!!!? Moderators are going around deleting posts now. I must respectfully cry foul. Are we back to the censorship on this board again? I thought things had been going pretty well (especially since I haven't been starting too many fights) for the last year or so.

It seems senseless to delete posts. I think that kind of thing belongs on Mick Fleetwood's board, not here.

Last edited by CarneVaca; 05-13-2004 at 08:54 AM..
Old 05-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was no reason to delete posts in this thread. I've read the whole thread and there was nothing offensive about any of it. Someone needs to get a thicker skin, god forbid if someone criticizes the sound quality of an MP3.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure I read this thread and I don't recall anything that would need to be deleted.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I'm sure I read this thread and I don't recall anything that would need to be deleted.
Really, the whole thing is an outrage. An affront to this forum's spirit of open communication.

It starts to smell a little like Sinclair Broadcasting's censorship of the Nightline episode during which Ted Koppel read off the names of the Americans who have died in Iraq.

Is that what we want here? Have we all become so Asscrofted and Rumsfelded that even on music fora we have to be subjected to this kind of judgmental censorship?