Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Wait, Kristen says:

Kristen Buckingham

@KBChrush
Follow Follow @KBChrush
More
Last night was epic. First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career.

Maybe she just means as the school year draws to a close? That comment is probably why someone thought it was a graduation. I thought the same thing. It is certainly the right time of year for them. Lindsey looks very good, glad to see he is out and about again and enjoying a special time with family.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she means. It's very obvious that it isn't a graduation considering it looks nothing like graduation lol. No cap and gowns, no mass amount of students on a large field etc. What it does look like is a choir performance.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she means. It's very obvious that it isn't a graduation considering it looks nothing like graduation lol. No cap and gowns, no mass amount of students on a large field etc. What it does look like is a choir performance.
Probably the “end of year” concert, or something like that
Old 05-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but my mother said she read a post from someone who was in Fritz. Someone close to Lindsey. This person said that he can't speak at all, not even whisper. I find it strange that my mother would hear such information before I would get to it myself, but has anyone else heard/read this?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but my mother said she read a post from someone who was in Fritz. Someone close to Lindsey. This person said that he can't speak at all, not even whisper. I find it strange that my mother would hear such information before I would get to it myself, but has anyone else heard/read this?
My aunt said she heard from one of the guitarists from the Out of the Cradle tour, and the guitarist said that Lindsey is planning to reissue his entire solo catalog in ASL.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Them doing the song reminds me of John on the Best Buy CD. Molly was in school and he said the students all wanted to do Rhiannon at their performances, the loooong version.

In this case, I would guess LeeLee's choice was given preference here. When her Instagram wasn't blocked, you could see that she's known many of her friends since grade school, not just high school. These kids know more about Lindsey and FM than other kids their age do. A lot of them probably got free tickets to the solo and FM concerts. They know he was fired and probably wouldn't have suggested Landslide themselves, out of consideration for LeeLee and her family, but she let them know it was ok. My guess.

When I was in school, all the students wanted to do David Bowie's Changes. They wore that song out so much that you never wanted to hear it again.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is life right here... it's so beautiful to see. These moments cannot be duplicated or substituted, cannot be replaced or recreated. A priceless moment in time which both father and daughter will remember forever (and mom, too, from the sound of it). No amount of money, fans cheering in an arena, or awards can replicate something like this. And it's something Stevie can never understand.

THIS is life. And I'm so thrilled he looks healthy and is here to enjoy this special, pivotal time with his family as Leelee closes this chapter in her life and begins a new one. Beautiful.

(We had days if not weeks of events leading up to my high school graduation. Numerous occasions for a chorale to sing. I assume this is one of many for Leelee's class, as well.)
Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another update from Kristen...

photo image1.jpeg
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Gary Hoppy Hodges is on facebook and has said in LB groups that he heard this through another Fritz member. the timing of this info is unclear.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Another update from Kristen...

photo image1.jpeg
thanks! i put this in a separate thread, so we have one for the voice updates, vs the performance with the HS chorus.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-20-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Variety article

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...de-1203220901/

Lindsey Buckingham Plays Guitar for First Time Post-Surgery, as Daughter Sings ‘Landslide’ (Watch)
By Chris Willman
Music Writer
@chriswillman

Fleetwood Mac - Lindsey BuckinghamThe Today Show Toyota Concert Series, New York, America - 09 Oct 2014
CREDIT: ERIK PENDZICH/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

Lindsey Buckingham has performed publicly for this first time since his open-heart surgery nearly four months ago, playing guitar to accompany his high-school daughter and her graduating class on their rendition of a classic Fleetwood Mac hit.

“Last night was epic,” tweeted Buckingham’s wife, Kristen Buckingham, who suggested that this might have been his first private performance since the surgery, too. “First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career. AND she sings a little ‘Landslide’ with her dad. I cried, I’ll admit it. Never know what’s ahead so enjoy the moment…”​

She shared a video clip of the performance on Instagram.

That the song they performed was not one of his compositions, but one by Stevie Nicks was seen by some fans as possible evidence of a growing spirit of forgiveness between estranged former bandmates. But it could just as easily be a nod to Buckingham’s contributions to the song, or an indication that high school chorales naturally gravitate to “Landslide” more than, say, “I’m So Afraid.”

An earlier Instagram post from Kristen Buckingham showed Leelee posing in a USC shirt, indicating that their daughter may be in for a lot of marching band versions of “Tusk” over the next four years.

Left unaddressed by the instrumental performance is the state of Buckingham’s voice, first raised by his wife in a statement following the surgery in early February. At that time, she said, “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is unclear if the damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.” Later in that month, she added, “Considering the massively invasive surgery, he is doing really well. Each day things get a little easier, but it is a slow process and sometimes a frustrating one.”

Kristen Buckingham has not re-addressed the subject of Lindsey’s vocal cord damage since — although she has responded to updated accounts of the split between Buckingham and the rest of the group in 2018, and how it reportedly came down to a he-goes-or-I-go ultimatum from Nicks following perceived friction at a MusiCares tribute dinner at the beginning of that year.

“They were together at MusiCares and got along great,” Kristen Buckingham wrote in response to fan inquiries in March. “She has never spoken to him since and he has reached out repeatedly with no response. I guess she decided she didn’t like him anymore? Any conversation would have been nice. Reminds me of being really young and immature. When I wanted out of a relationship, for no real reason, I looked for and found some excuse to make it easy for me to break up instead of facing the truth. The ugly truth that I was just ****ty. Girls, you know this move right?” She also directly addressed Mick Fleetwood: “You are so busy telling the world how ‘unhappy’ the band was. It would have been nice if you told Lindsey that. He’s still wondering what happened. You are a dishonest coward and I have zero respect for you. That goes for all of you FM, you really suck.”

Back in February, Kristen shared a photo of herself with Lindsey in recovery after surgery, writing, “Our family thought it important to share what’s happening with Lindsey with the hope that inspires someone else to seek preventative care. Lindsey’s family has a history of heart issues, having lost both his father at 56 and his brother at 46 to heart related illness. If anyone is experiencing even the mildest of symptoms we encourage you to seek the care of a physician. We are so thankful for the kind and generous love given by the people surrounding Lindsey, me and our kids throughout this emotional time.”

Kristen had also taken to social media in recent months to offer their family’s support to another rocker who found himself in something of the same boat. “Wishing @MickJagger a speedy recovery!” she tweeted.

Comment section:

MAY 20, 2019 AT 1:54 PM
Your absolutely right Kristen. Thier behavior towards Lindsey & others has been nothing short of being morally & ethically bankrupt! Remember JC, Judy Wong and most recently Wayne Cody? These people lived their lives for that band and definetely helped them succeed. I loved Fleetwood Mac, being on the Tusk Tour, but yeah Kristen your right, these self centered egomaniacs Suck a Big One! John & Chris, I’m still in dismay over your non public reaction to Wayno. So sad…

Max Marshall says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 12:18 PM
Lindsey’s wife has been nothing short of a miracle for him. Your comment about her needing to grow up has no basis in fact. Why should she continue to tiptoe around the dysfunctional members of the group after what they did to her husband? Seems more and more that people prefer to remain silent and accept BS than rightfully call out those who freely dispense it.

Jake English says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 11:09 AM
Go Lindsey!
And good for Kristen for shining a light on the truth – something this current version of Fleetwood Mac has had a hard time with over the past year. Indulging Nicks’s fickle whims has been a trademark of the band. Unfortunately this time, it’s come at the expense of the band’s legacy and respect from long time loyal fans.

Einez Crespo says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 11:02 AM
Happy to see Lindsey back on his feet.

john seger says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 10:55 AM
Mrs Buckingham herself needs to grow up and quit feeding the fire

J says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 3:08 PM
KB only responded to the interviews given by FM . Why should they be allowed to lie and not he called out on it.

Darkness of the NIght says:
MAY 20, 2019 AT 12:36 PM
People like you are always desperately trying to twist and turn things. But the fact remains that the band treated Lindsey unfairly and lied to all of their fans on national television. Stevie and Mick are liars and backstabbers, and John and Christine are no better.

Last edited by elle; 05-20-2019 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: adding comment section
Old 05-20-2019, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Rolling Stone article

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...attack-837629/

Watch Lindsey Buckingham Perform for First Time Since Heart Surgery

The former Fleetwood Mac guitarist performed “Landslide” at a high school graduation ceremony for his daughter Leelee

By ANDY GREENE

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 26: Honoree Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac performs onstage during MusiCares Person of the Year honoring Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall on January 26, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for NARAS)

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist gave his first performance since heart surgery at a high school graduation for his daughter.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham, the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist who underwent open heart surgery earlier this year, made his first public appearance since the procedure over the weekend at his daughter Leelee’s high school graduation ceremony. Buckingham performed Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide” on acoustic guitar while students from his daughter’s school sang the 1975 classic.

“Last night was epic,” his wife Kristen Buckingham tweeted. “First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career. AND she sings a little ‘Landslide’ with her dad. I cried, I’ll admit it. Never know what’s ahead so enjoy the moment…”

In early February, Buckingham announced that her husband underwent emergency open heart surgery. “He is now recuperating at home each day he is stronger than the last,” Kristen Buckingham said in a statement at the time. “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. It us unclear if this damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.”

Last year, Fleetwood Mac parted ways with Buckingham shortly before announcing a world tour, replacing him with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House. The band said the main issue was a disagreement over the timing of the tour. “We arrived at the impasse of hitting a brick wall,” Mick Fleetwood told Rolling Stone. “This was not a happy situation for us in terms of the logistics of a functioning band. To that purpose, we made a decision that we could not go on with him. Majority rules in term of what we need to do as a band and go forward.”

Speaking to Rolling Stone later in the year, Buckingham said he was told by band manager Irving Azoff that Stevie Nicks never wanted to perform with him again and wouldn’t agree to a tour unless he wasn’t a part of it. “I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired,” Buckingham said. “We have all done things that were not constructive. All of us have worn on each other’s psyches at times. That’s the history of the group.”

He sued the band for wrongful dismissal and other charges, but it was settled out of court. The group. meanwhile, had a successful tour until they had to postpone the last few dates on their American tour in April so Nicks could recover from an illness. They are set to resume the tour on June 6th in Berlin and stay on the road until mid-November.

Buckingham has kept a low profile since the heart attack, but Kristen Buckingham has repeatedly taken to Twitter to blast his former Fleetwood Mac bandmates. “I don’t want to think about the band anymore,” she wrote on April 4th. “They are awful people, void of conscience and aren’t worth my time or energy. People can think whatever they want, I know the truth and that’s that.”

Now that Lindsey is back in playing shape, the big question is the state of his singing voice. Some singers have suffered permanent vocal cord damage when tubes were inserted into their throats during surgeries, while others have ultimately recovered with no noticeable traces of trauma.

In This Article: Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham

Old 05-20-2019, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
You came to this thread for no other reason than to rile Lindsey fans, in their first moment of affirmation that his health is improving.

Nothing more than the post of a self - satisfied narcissist who wants to turn joy into vitriol in order to please the pen of drooling swine that is your ego.
Thank goodness that never happens in the Stevie forum.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the articles, Elle! It was certainly a special night for Lindsey and his family. Like Kristen said, that’s all that really matters. The tantrums of a certain diva (and her fans) are insignificant in comparison to the family life he’s now enjoying so much. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery. He knows he’s in our prayers.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oh dear, I hope the rumors that he can't speak at all are not true

For someone who so likes to articulate his thoughts the way LB does this would have to be particularly frustrating....

I have to say when I watched him on the school video, the way he approached the chorale director to shake hands/hug, I was surprised not so much that he didn't speak (given what we knew about the vocal cord damage) but that he didn't even mouth any words at all.... Just seemed sort of out of character in some way.

I really, really hope for him that if this is true there is a way to work to get some ability to vocalize back.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
My guess would be not before 2020, if he’s planning on actually ever singing again, seeing how firmly shut his mouth was in these clips. It seems entirely possible that if he wants to get his singing voice back he may need another surgery, or at least a very long period of making it work. Whatever Rod Stewart had I think he said it took him well over a year to be able to start singing again... I know Rod had a completely different cause for voice loss but....

That said I would love to be wrong and he releases it this fall and follows it by some kind of public performances or something, anything!
Yes, this really struck me too!