User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t think it was focused on one or two students. We only saw the very short clip starting just before LeeLee. They seemed to be going in sequence. I take it that several students performed before she did and a couple after her as well.

Why you would assume a short clip taken by one student’s Mother from a song that went on for 4-5 minutes means they hijacked the ceremony is beyond me.
exactly. usually there are about 10 compositions being done, with different soloists, and sometimes different instrumental accompaniment, like it seems to have been in this case. other parents were i'm sure focusing on their own kids and recording them, same as KB was recording her own child and husband. it's very possible other parents didn't even notice who was Leelee's dad and that it's his band's song, about him, and that he played his own guitar parts on it. but it was obviously a HUGE and healing deal for Buckingham family, and huge deal for fans of LB and FM. and i'm sure for Leelee's friends who probably knew her dad almost died 3 months ago, and how happy she was to be able to get him there, accompany them, alive and getting better.

some people, sadly for them, seem to project their own problems and experiences on everyone else, somehow seeing negative no matter how beautiful what's happening may be.

there were threads on these boards about negativity recently and it was so great to be away, in some other much healthier fandoms in the last few months. and forget how much negativity some FM and especially SN fans tend to bring in on every single occasion, no matter how inappropriate or nonsensical.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, pre-heart surgery I would not be a fan of that old t-shirt, but I like seeing him in it in these clips and I like seeing his neck. Now, I don’t have to worry that Lindsey’s going to start wearing ascots to cover his scars or anything. Go nameless school guitarist!
I Love LB's V-necks now! LOL Totally agree.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, pre-heart surgery I would not be a fan of that old t-shirt, but I like seeing him in it in these clips and I like seeing his neck. Now, I don’t have to worry that Lindsey’s going to start wearing ascots to cover his scars or anything. Go nameless school guitarist!

i was thinking the same - i kept rewatching and looking at his neck. no tracheotomy scars! also that it was so great to see him in exact same clothes that still - or again - fit him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2019, 06:47 PM
Storms123
This message has been deleted by Storms123.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Storms123
This message has been deleted by Storms123.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I am happy that Lindsey is back! However, what a way to hijack graduation for every other kid in the school. And to do it with Stevie's song is bizarre. I don't get these people.
This is not a graduation ceremony lol. It's probably a choir showcase that likely had various song performances (assuming they're anything like the majority of high school choir showcases, my own included). So it's perfectly normal that a student would have a certain solo during a certain song. Other girls probably had other solos during other songs. That's how choir works lol.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So.....given this turn of events, do we think we'll see "Blue Light" this year, or will it be held back to (at least!) 2020??
Old 05-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On Facebook some woman replied to the post in the Lindsey news page that while she was happy he was seemingly looking and doing better (Not the exact word for word post but similar) and then she added that he was still milking Stevie's talent. Some people are clearly brain dead with comments like that.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How can he be hijacking anything, he must have been invited or at least the choir knew and must have rehearsed with him...

I couldn’t give a sh*t anyway....He looks well, fit and HAPPY.....
Old 05-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
So.....given this turn of events, do we think we'll see "Blue Light" this year, or will it be held back to (at least!) 2020??
My guess would be not before 2020, if he’s planning on actually ever singing again, seeing how firmly shut his mouth was in these clips. It seems entirely possible that if he wants to get his singing voice back he may need another surgery, or at least a very long period of making it work. Whatever Rod Stewart had I think he said it took him well over a year to be able to start singing again... I know Rod had a completely different cause for voice loss but....

That said I would love to be wrong and he releases it this fall and follows it by some kind of public performances or something, anything!

Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This is not a graduation ceremony lol. It's probably a choir showcase that likely had various song performances (assuming they're anything like the majority of high school choir showcases, my own included). So it's perfectly normal that a student would have a certain solo during a certain song. Other girls probably had other solos during other songs. That's how choir works lol.
Exactly.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finally saw this as I’m traveling overseas and haven’t been checking in as much. So incredibly awesome to see Lindsey looking good and playing! As for the negative comments coming from Camp Chiffon - who cares? Just go away with your BS.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Haters are gonna hate no matter what. I doubt Leelee Picked the song herself. I am sure it was some combination of the choir director and the other seniors. In one of the videos, you could see another kid had a solo.
It was a proud night for the Buckingham family and a great update for Lindsey’s fans.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just finally saw this as I’m traveling overseas and haven’t been checking in as much. So incredibly awesome to see Lindsey looking good and playing! As for the negative comments coming from Camp Chiffon - who cares? Just go away with your BS.
Things have been slowly in the goat camp lately, so they're bored I guess.

But they're "happy" Lindsey's back, or they "love him", or whatever BS they can come up with. At least I don't pretend I like her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's a sweet affirming moment for the young women graduating.

I also think it's a subtle kiss-off insofar as LB is saying "Your song is partially my song. I helped craft it and bring it to fruition, and so I can play it wherever I like."

I have no problem with that message. If FM can do GYOW and SHN in concert every night without a hint of irony and full entitlement, then he can do this.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wait, Kristen says:

Kristen Buckingham

@KBChrush
Follow Follow @KBChrush
More
Last night was epic. First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career.

Maybe she just means as the school year draws to a close? That comment is probably why someone thought it was a graduation. I thought the same thing. It is certainly the right time of year for them. Lindsey looks very good, glad to see he is out and about again and enjoying a special time with family.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes, Landslide is in the popular vernacular now, it's been covered and was a big hit by another group (Dixie Chicks) and a LOT of people know if from THEIR version, in fact there are clear elements of their performance of it in this version even in the little snippet we saw. It would be interesting to know what other songs they might have also done. Clearly Landslide deals with changes in life, growing up ("children get older" is appropriate in a graduation situation) and moving on to new things in life. It's message was appropriate. On top of that, one of the key architects of that song is a parent in that school.

No matter how much Stevie wants to imitate the visuals of The Dance version of that song with any guitarist who comes along (currently Neil Finn, who stands just where and how LB did) the reality is, the visual INCLUDES LINDSEY just as much as her. So yeah, he has every legitimate right to re-enact HIS role in that song as the guitarist (Notice he stood in relatively the same position as he did with Stevie) providing all the musical accompaniment and talent with any singer he wants. She can mimic it with any other guitarist, he can re-enact it with any other singer. The difference is, the song took on a whole NEW meaning in this case, what with his daughter part of it and her growing up and becoming an adult embarking on the next chapter in her life, as are her classmates.

When SN performs it it's trying to recapture her performance with LB; his performance of it here (ONE time, people) has NOTHING to do with SN and everything to do with HIM, his kids growing up, his survival to be here to share it with them. It's not another tired retread.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-21-2019 at 01:22 PM..