Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i did some screencapping

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a beautiful moment. There's something very poetic about this... coming back from heart surgery... playing that song with his daughter singing... the same song written and sung by the person who ousted him from the band that made the song famous...

I want him to continue to make music and perform live but I will be perfectly fine if all we ever get from now on are pictures and short video clips of him enjoying life with his family, playing music and being happy.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Incredible. You could probably count the dry eyes in the house on one hand.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
What a beautiful moment. There's something very poetic about this... coming back from heart surgery... playing that song with his daughter singing... the same song written and sung by the person who ousted him from the band that made the song famous...

I want him to continue to make music and perform live but I will be perfectly fine if all we ever get from now on are pictures and short video clips of him enjoying life with his family, playing music and being happy.
I'm not surprised they did Landslide. Leelee was a big fan of Stevie. You can't just dislike her in one day. I was never her fan and I can only imagine what it must be like to be dissappointed by the person you admired your whole life.

And yet, they chose Landslide. And Lindsey agreed to play it.

It gets harder and harder to be Stevie these days.....

He's alive and enjoying every moment with his family. He needs to stay healthy. We will hear from him when he's ready. This is big news!!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It gets harder and harder to be Stevie these days.....
One would hope.

I might be projecting my own feelings onto LeeLee, but I think that it wasn’t remnant admiration for Stevie that caused her to sing that song. I think it was a case of pride, a show of “when they go low, we go high.” They have risen above the backstabbing.

Those people not only fired and hurt him they have tried to humiliate him. They can’t.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, Bombay Sapphires do you remember how you remarked on how Stevie goes through the same phony Landslide looks and gestures with any guitarist now?

I watch this graduation video and think, “you need to find a Greyhound bus and take a ride BACK to Aspen, lady.”

Rick: You played it for her, you can play it for me!
Sam: Well, I don't think I can remember...
Rick: If she can stand it, I can! Play it!

Last edited by michelej1; 05-18-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Old 05-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One would hope.

I might be projecting my own feelings onto LeeLee, but I think that it wasn’t remnant admiration for Stevie that caused her to sing that song. I think it was a case of pride, a show of “when they go low, we go high.” They have risen above the backstabbing.

Those people not only fired and hurt him they have tried to humiliate him. They can’t.
He looks great. The high 5 between Lindsey and LeeLee was beautiful. The song speaks to changes in life, like kids graduating from HS and moving on to the next phase of their life. I love the notion of "we go high" something LB has done since this whole fiasco began. I hope the band saw this video today, and saw how fantastic Lindsey looks, how beautifully he played the song the Stevie wrote for HIM, how loved Lindsey is, how proud Lindsey is of his daughter, and how he's better off than the Rumours 4. I am hopeful we will hear more and see more of LB...but most importantly, I am so happy he's healthy.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Waiting for the people to swoop in and say, “He looks healthy. Now maybe you can FINALLY get over it.” Nope. I will never get over it.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Waiting for the people to swoop in and say, “He looks healthy. Now maybe you can FINALLY get over it.” Nope. I will never get over it.
YES THIS--will never get over their behavior. They kicked him out and they ghosted him during a health crisis.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was so beautiful and touching. It felt like a brief glimpse into their family life, and an affirmation that he's OK. Thank goodness. It made me tear up, how he turned his head slightly to listen to Leelee, and how she high 5'd him, and how he hugged the choir leader at the end. He looks so good, so normal and thank God he was attending his daughter's graduation. So happy he was better so he could be part of it.

(ps. The fan in me would faint if that was my child's grad and Lindsey was playing guitar at it!!!! I would be so paralyzed with excitement, that I may drool or something very embarassing)
Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
YES THIS--will never get over their behavior. They kicked him out and they ghosted him during a health crisis.
Definitely, I agree with this 100%. Can't forgive those a**hats, probably never will be able to.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He looks great. The high 5 between Lindsey and LeeLee was beautiful. The song speaks to changes in life, like kids graduating from HS and moving on to the next phase of their life. I love the notion of "we go high" something LB has done since this whole fiasco began. I hope the band saw this video today, and saw how fantastic Lindsey looks, how beautifully he played the song the Stevie wrote for HIM, how loved Lindsey is, how proud Lindsey is of his daughter, and how he's better off than the Rumours 4. I am hopeful we will hear more and see more of LB...but most importantly, I am so happy he's healthy.
Amen!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
That was so beautiful and touching. It felt like a brief glimpse into their family life, and an affirmation that he's OK. Thank goodness. It made me tear up, how he turned his head slightly to listen to Leelee, and how she high 5'd him, and how he hugged the choir leader at the end. He looks so good, so normal and thank God he was attending his daughter's graduation. So happy he was better so he could be part of it.
The high five is great and it reminds me of how he’s always been a little with them. There was an old moment on one of his videos I think,they were in the kitchen. I am not sure if Leelee was there. She might have been sitting on the kitchen counter, almost a toddler and Kristen was feeding her. I can’t remember, but wee Will was in front of the kitchen cupboards and Lindsey came at him with a goofy smile on his face, poking, grabbing, playful and happy. That’s what the high five made me think about. Rejuvenated.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure they all watched it, and I also hope they felt some form of shame for what they did to him. Well, not Stevie, but at least the rest of them. Stevie already said he was gonna be fine because he HAS to! Whatever that means in her own twisted and lonely world.

Quote:
This doesn't change what they did. If anything her fans should be grateful he seems fine, because if anything worse would have happened to Lindsey because of what Stevie did, then they would certainly know what a bunch of angry fans can do.

I also hope Lindsey never get over it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.