The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes it was hard for me to tell how much of his range was gone and how much was just lack of discipline. He honestly is just as happy whisper croaking or screaming as he is carrying a note.

But now I would accept the whisper croaking without complaint. In the past, I have complained bitterly.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking with zero knowledge, so read with heavy skepticism.

Trying to use some logic here.

LB has not released the anticipated album. That should be at a minimum encouraging news if you desire (of course you do) him to tour again. He's saving it to tour behind.

Now that doesn't mean he'll get to that point.

I think the lack of information shows a few things. 1, they just don't have clarity on the outcome and can't report 2) they desire (and deserve) privacy 3) he doesn't want to mislead anyone 4) they don't want to have to routinely answer give updates, share the rollercoaster with us.

Now the recent tweet after months of silence is not accidental. (Unless Kristen was drinking too much that day) You'd have assume, that some milestone in this process.
Now that's obviously good news, but it may not be "great" news. This could mean he's getting very close to where he needs to be, or it could mean he's made his first progress and it'll be slow going.

If we get a notice the album is coming with no good medical news, or no news of playing live, we can surmise he's not going to recover or, if he is the timeline is so far out and uncertain they've likely decided to give up playing live again.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Now the recent tweet after months of silence is not accidental. (Unless Kristen was drinking too much that day) You'd have assume, that some milestone in this process.
Now that's obviously good news, but it may not be "great" news. This could mean he's getting very close to where he needs to be, or it could mean he's made his first progress and it'll be slow going.

If we get a notice the album is coming with no good medical news, or no news of playing live, we can surmise he's not going to recover or, if he is the timeline is so far out and uncertain they've likely decided to give up playing live again.
I'm also thinking this means good news but not the ones we were hoping to hear. And yeah, maybe this is the first step of a long road, who knows. I'm more inclined to think he's closer to the beginning than to the end of his total recovery. I mean, if he were mostly recovered he would somehow communicate it, and instead, his wife's still speaking on his behalf.

But if he can't play live again, I don't think he will release that album. What's the point if he can't tour behind it?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 09-07-2019 at 07:58 AM..
Old 09-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

But if he can't play live again, I don't think he will release that album. What's the point if he's can't tour behind it?

I think he will release the album regardless if he can tour behind it. The PR behind the release can be about his recovery and Post Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The album will come out eventually, touring behind it will not be the deal-breaker, Lindsey never toured GI or LAO. Spring was the initial timeframe, and we are just entering spring, I would not be surprised if it doesn't drop before Christmas, with touring if he is capable/wants too in the medium future following the release.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love this. I am waiting.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
The album will come out eventually, touring behind it will not be the deal-breaker, Lindsey never toured GI or LAO.
Yes but in the 80s the tours supported the album sales. Nowadays seems to be vice versa. So it makes sense to say what's the point if he's can't tour behind it? Anyway, anything is possible.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes but in the 80s the tours supported the album sales. Nowadays seems to be vice versa. So it makes sense to say what's the point if he's can't tour behind it? Anyway, anything is possible.
artists create because they feel the need to. and that's why they put their music out there. not everyone does it for the money and fame and private jets like majority of current fakewoods, those things are just a nice bonus. LB doesn't need to tour to make money anymore. the only reason he tours is for the love of it. same as making albums and putting new music he created out there for people to hear what he has to say.

David Bowie released his final (and only #1 in the US) album day before he died. what's the point when he knew he couldn't tour behind it y'all say? seriously??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
artists create because they feel the need to.
That's right. I guess I forgot to say something. It's the record company who always is lookign for money, not the artist.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Christine even released In the Meantime knowing she wouldn’t really tour.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is still all about his craft and his fans. This album will see the light of day and it will be sooner than later.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Lol if you’re implying artists make the majority of their money via album sales these days, that must be a small mountain of a rock you’ve been hiding under.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would imagine getting your music out would be important as sense of adding to your legacy.

Hoping you are doing well Lindsey B. at least that you are enjoying life with your beautiful fam!

But, not going to lie... new music release would be so lovely!

Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lol if you’re implying artists make the majority of their money via album sales these days, that must be a small mountain of a rock you’ve been hiding under.

I implied artists make the majority of their money via tours, nowadays. 30 years ago probably were the albums. But, I must add it's the record company who is the main interested in money.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, Christine even released In the Meantime knowing she wouldn’t really tour.
In the end, she said as a writer she just had to do it. Especially, once she laid down "you are" on her little "talky thing".