The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m taking the house sale as a good sign..
You know ..life goes on etc, let’s get back to normal.

However, I do wish he would give out a small press release, just to reassure everyone.

BTW it’s a very beautiful house.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I doubt he'd be humping a piano down a flight of stairs, before OR after the heart attack!
I guess because moving was Top 3 most traumatic events of my life, I think of it as inherently stressful.

But maybe Kristen takes care of all that.

Still, doesn't he have a recording studio in his current home?

Will he at the new home?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It's all just so much, everywhere. It's like she has a particular vendetta against a plain wall.
Agree, not an inch of uncluttered space anywhere, yet it all looks very impersonal. (though I do see a couple of pairs of riding boots in the closet and of course there is the guitar in the sitting room, so at least a couple of signs that someone actually lives there) I do think the house itself and grounds are very pretty. Especially the outdoor living areas.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 04-18-2019 at 06:57 AM..
Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I guess because moving was Top 3 most traumatic events of my life, I think of it as inherently stressful.

But maybe Kristen takes care of all that.

Will he at the new home?
Well it is, BUT, I've never had the kind of money to pay people to do all that sh*t for you, so I'm sure it's much easier doing it that way.

It sounds like the new place was designed way before his heart attack, so I'd bet anything that it does.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Will he at the new home?
I was wondering same thing. I can't imagine he won't. Unlike most of us they can afford to get the new house all set up before moving out of the old one, so I would bet he would have gotten that incorporated into the plans for the new house (to be clear- they tore down the house they bought and built a custom new one on the lot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Agree, not an inch of uncluttered space anywhere, yet it all looks very impersonal. (though I do see a couple of pairs of riding boots in the closet and of course there is the guitar in the sitting room, so at least a couple of signs that someone actually lives there) I do think the house itself and grounds are very pretty. Especially the outdoor living areas.
The pics would have been taken specifically to sell the house not to highlight their style (they already did magazine stories for that purpose when she finished decorating it years ago). Realtors will always tell sellers to remove the bulk of their personal stuff because you want potential buyers to be able to envision THEIR stuff in the house not be distracted by YOUR stuff.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I doubt he'd be humping a piano down a flight of stairs, before OR after the heart attack!
This made me LOL--thank you. And while I wholeheartedly agree, I did see a pic on Kristen's IG a while back of Lindsey picking up dog poop--so while I am sure The Buckingham's have some help, I think Lindsey is far more self sufficient than the rest of his former bandmates.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I was wondering same thing. I can't imagine he won't. Unlike most of us they can afford to get the new house all set up before moving out of the old one, so I would bet he would have gotten that incorporated into the plans for the new house (to be clear- they tore down the house they bought and built a custom new one on the lot)

The pics would have been taken specifically to sell the house not to highlight their style (they already did magazine stories for that purpose when she finished decorating it years ago). Realtors will always tell sellers to remove the bulk of their personal stuff because you want potential buyers to be able to envision THEIR stuff in the house not be distracted by YOUR stuff.
i was chuckling at the ad listing the studio as a "screening room doubling as a home studio".

it's kinda bittersweet for a fan, there were all those home vids for UTS and SWS that were recorded in that house and especially in his studio. even so many of his recent IG and twitter posts were from that home studio. on the other hand, it seems almost like a perfect timing with all the crap from last year that they were apparently anyway planning to turn a new leaf. i remember everyone wondering why they bought a 3rd house in Brentwood and how many flips are they doing simultaneously. they might be the type of people like Ellen described once who always wants to redo yet another house. on the other hand, i love that my kids feel our house is their home and where so many of their childhood memories were made, not sure whether their kids would feel the same.

and yeah re pics, we've seen so many in articles about KB's design in the past, it's interesting to see different rooms, but some definitely look very different from the pics we've seem (and LB promo videos were clearly made all over that property. even very recent ones) and so seems at least some rooms have been staged for the sale. wonder whether they still live there but considering the staging, maybe not?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

it's kinda bittersweet for a fan, there were all those home vids for UTS and SWS that were recorded in that house and especially in his studio.
I felt sad and wistful when he left his "house on the hill," especially that rain room. He and Richard, he and FM, he and interviewers had been seen in photos there so many times.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Meh, it doesn't seem comfortable to me.

HOWEVER, that pool and outer deck area looks phenom. Can picture having cocktails out there while the sun sets. Very nice. Only need 29 million!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

now when LB's "return to stage" has been top story in the last few days, this listing gained additional articles, like this new one in Variety -

https://variety.com/2019/dirt/real-e...ac-1203224130/

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Lists Brentwood Estate
By MARK DAVID
@YourMamaTweets

View Gallery
12 Images
Location: Los Angeles, Calif. Price: $29.5 million Size: (approx.) 10,000 square feet, 7 bedrooms, 6 full and 2 half bathrooms

Rock and roll royal Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac and interior decorator Kristen Buckingham have hung a $29.5 million price tag on their timelessly sophisticated estate in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. The real estate and design savvy couple acquired the 1.2-acre spread in 2004 for $6.6 million and subsequently custom built the approximately 10,000 square foot, casually aristocratic European manor house at the head of a broad, circular drive behind fortified gates and a high, vine-encrusted wall.

Designed for both elegant entertaining and relaxed day-to-day living, the seven bedroom and six full and two half bathroom spread offers grandly proportioned formal living and dining rooms along with a cozy paneled den with antique a brick fireplace and an eat-in kitchen that evokes the relaxed, hardworking spirit of a rural farmhouse but is finely finished with bespoke craftsmanship and hums with a chef’s wish list of up-to-date premium quality appliances. An awning-shaded vintage brick patio overlooks the tree and hedge privatized backyard with its manicured gardens and great sweep of lawn while a detached two-story pavilion has an open air poolside loggia with outdoor fireplace on its top level and, downstairs, a fitness room that opens out to the tennis court. A detached garage sits atop a presumably soundproofed recording studio with a guest or staff apartment upstairs.

The Buckinghams, who own a second property just down the street, which they bought in 2014 for almost $6.5 million and where they’re in the end stages of building a brand new mansion, are increasingly well-known in high-end property gossip circles for having sold a couple of sumptuous estates in some of L.A.’s more coveted zip codes. In 2005 they sold a Spanish Colonial mansion in Bel Air for almost $20 million and in 2012 they plunked down $5.8 million for a plum parcel along one of Brentwood’s most sought after streets where they custom built a cedar-shingled neo-Georgian mansion that came up for sale over the summer of 2017 at $22.5 million and sold the following spring for $19 million.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed that when you do a search, the Rolling Stone article on his high school performance says "highly cited," so the story got a lot of circulation.

I'm not exactly sure which one Lindsey is, but the name Lindsey Buckingham is definitely familiar to me.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i like the positivity / optimism radiating from that last line. also, lots of pics.

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebri...rentwood-home/

CELEBRITY REAL ESTATE
Rocker Lindsey Buckingham Puts His Palace in Brentwood on the Market
By Lisa Johnson Mandell | May 31, 2019

Lindsey-Buckingham
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Scoop Marketing

If you happen to purchase a property owned by former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, you're not simply acquiring a place with a rock star pedigree. A buyer will also benefit from the mad skills of an elite interior designer—Buckingham's wife, Kristen.

The Buckinghams bought a 1.2-acre double lot in Brentwood, CA, for $6.6 million in 2004. They then proceeded to build a custom home suited to their tastes, which they're now ready to part with. We can safely say Kristen's refined style is responsible for just a bit of the mansion's $29.5 million asking price.

We know the couple has great taste—several years ago, they built a spec home in Brentwood for $5.8 million, which Kristen completely remodeled and redecorated. They sold the place in 2018 for a whopping $19 million. Nice flip!

Related Articles
Lindsey Buckingham's Wife Puts Personal Touch on Brentwood Palace
Lindsey Buckingham's Brentwood home is for sale.
Terrace

But the eight-bedroom home they're now selling isn't just another pricey flip. They've lived there with their three children for almost 15 years.

Every room in the European country home looks elegant, yet comfortably lived in. It's the type of traditional yet stately country style that's difficult to intentionally duplicate.

Living room
Living roomhttps://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/lindsey-buckingham-wife-brentwood-home/
Each of the nine full baths and two half baths is unique, as is each of the home's eight fireplaces.
One of eight fireplaces
The recreation facilities reflect an active family life—they include a large pool, pool pavilion, championship tennis court, and a gym. The property also includes lush lawns, gardens, and patios, and, away from the house, a three-car garage and guesthouse.
Pool and poolhouse
Tennis court
Other exceptional features include a two-story stairwell tower with spiral staircase, a wood-paneled family room, a billiard room, and a spacious gourmet farmhouse-style kitchen with professional appliances.
Wood-paneled family room
Farmhouse kitchen
There's also a master suite that takes up an entire wing, with a private entrance, sitting room, fireplace, cushy bathroom, dual walk-in closets, and a dressing room.
Bathroom

Buckingham, 69, is a three-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.

In addition to his work with Fleetwood Mac, he's a prolific solo artist. He's currently promoting his latest album, "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham."

Lisa Johnson Mandell is an award-winning writer who covers lifestyle, entertainment, real estate, design, and travel. Find her on AtHomeInHollywood.com.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The graduation video was the best thing that could have happened. It changed our perception of him. The hospital gown image is erased (although I am very grateful we got that) and now everyone just thinks of him being in his Lindsey uniform following his normal routine.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I felt sad and wistful when he left his "house on the hill," especially that rain room. He and Richard, he and FM, he and interviewers had been seen in photos there so many times.
well if it makes you feel any better he still has the low wicker stool that was in that room in his studio (or did have, as it was in photos in his studio in the Brentwood house up for sale).
Old 06-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sold!

that was fast. there's a composite of the whole property if you click the link.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...a-month-204429

CELEBRITY
Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Bags Buyer for Mansion in a Month
The Los Angeles house, built in 2007, was asking $29.5 million

BY LIZ LUCKING | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON JUNE 24, 2019 | MANSION

Lindsey Buckingham has found a buyer for his Los Angeles home
COMPOSITE: GOOGLE MAPS; STEVE GRANITZ/GETTY IMAGES

In just over one month, former Fleetwood Mac star Lindsey Buckingham has found a buyer for his $29.5 million Los Angeles mansion.

The sprawling home, in the city’s Brentwood neighborhood, is pending sale as of Monday, listing records show. It hit the market May 20, just 34 days ago.
More: Only Private Home in U.S. Designed by Ai Weiwei Asks $5.25 Million

Hidden from the street by double gates and trees, the private home—which sits on more than an acre of land—is described by its listing as a “world-class celebrity compound.”

The house was built in 2007, three years after Mr. Buckingham, 69, and his wife, Kristen, bought the parcel for $6.6 million, according to property records.

The 10,000-square-foot spread has formal living areas, wood-burning fireplaces, a billiard room and a two-story tower with a spiral staircase, the listing said.

Meanwhile, on the grounds are patios, a pool, a pool pavilion and a tennis court.
There is also a gym, a guesthouse and a recording studio, the listing said.
From Penta: On the Hunt for Ghost Spirits

Mr. Buckingham, who joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975, was the band’s longtime lead guitarist. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 along with other band members and split with the group in 2018. He could not be reached for comment.

Jeff Hyland, one of the listing agents, told The Wall Street Journal in May that his clients were selling because they have been constructing a new home nearby for the past two years, and the project is near completion. "It’s a point where the kids are off at school and they are downsizing," said Mr. Hyland, who shares the listing with Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury.

Neither brokerage immediately responded to a request for comment.
The speed of the sale is indicative of Los Angeles’ accelerating luxury market, which witnessed homes selling 27% faster in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the last quarter of 2018, according to an April report from brokerage Douglas Elliman.