Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham Asks $29.5 Million for Los Angeles Estate

Musician Lindsey Buckingham and his wife Kristen are listing their custom-built estate in Los Angeles’s Brentwood area for $29.5 million.

Mr. Buckingham, a longtime guitarist and singer for the band Fleetwood Mac, split with the group last year, according to numerous media reports.

The former Fleetwood Mac member shares this roughly 10,000-square-foot home with his wife Kristen, who oversaw the property’s interior design.

Sitting on more than an acre and behind double gates, the roughly 10,000-square-foot home has a large motorcourt and landscaped grounds, according to the listing. It has seven bedrooms, a 2-story tower, an office and a covered outdoor space with a fireplace and a barbecue area. On the grounds there is a large pool with a pavilion, a tennis court, a gym, a three-car garage, a guesthouse and a recording studio that doubles as a screening room.

Jeff Hyland, one of the listing agents, said his clients are selling because they have been constructing a new home nearby for the past two years, and the project is near completion. “It’s a point where the kids are off at school and they are downsizing,” Mr. Hyland said.

The Buckinghams designed and built the home about 15 years ago, buying the land for about $6.6 million in 2004, public records show. Mr. Buckingham’s wife Kristen is an interior designer and oversaw the design of the property, Mr. Hyland said.

Mr. Hyland is listing the home alongside Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury.

The link has pics of the house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-...0c2170e13d4426
Old 04-17-2019, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just as long as this has already been planned. I don't want to think Lindsey's health dictated a move. But it is true that they've had that other property for some time now.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just as long as this has already been planned. I don't want to think Lindsey's health dictated a move. But it is true that they've had that other property for some time now.
I did read on another article they’ve been in construction on another house for2 years. With 2 of the kids in college, makes sense to downsize. I do hope he’s healing well though
Old 04-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow, so odd.... I was just in LA and we drove by there and we commented that the house seemed very unlived in in some odd way compared to in past trips. That explains it. There were a few nearby homes under construction; I remembered reading they had purchased another one very close by... but if this one's for sale their new house wouldn't have been as unfinished as the ones we saw... Clearly Stevie isn't the only one with the moving every few years bug... lol

Also I remember being a little surprised reading during the lawsuit days that John now lives very nearby. (As does -- or did -- Trent Reznor)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WSJ requires a subscription to view full article and pics.

LA Times does not:

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...417-story.html

Article about the property they bought several years ago that appears to be the one they tore down and rebuilt to move into now. (The one mentioned a mile away is the one Kristen rehabbed and sold)
https://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-e...od-1201242055/

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-17-2019 at 02:08 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those pictures...someone needs to tell Kristen there is such a thing as overdecorating lol.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wow, so odd.... I was just in LA and we drove by there and we commented that the house seemed very unlived in in some odd way compared to in past trips. That explains it. There were a few nearby homes under construction; I remembered reading they had purchased another one very close by... but if this one's for sale their new house wouldn't have been as unfinished as the ones we saw... Clearly Stevie isn't the only one with the moving every few years bug... lol

Also I remember being a little surprised reading during the lawsuit days that John now lives very nearby. (As does -- or did -- Trent Reznor)
A fresh start, maybe? Yes, John lives near them. He probably doesn't want to see any of those ugly faces anymore!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Those pictures...someone needs to tell Kristen there is such a thing as overdecorating lol.
the floral curtains don't work for me

and the antique mirrors in the dressing room are pretty but not as functional
Old 04-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WSJ requires a subscription to view full article and pics.

LA Times does not:

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...417-story.html

Article about the property they bought several years ago that appears to be the one they tore down and rebuilt to move into now. (The one mentioned a mile away is the one Kristen rehabbed and sold)
https://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-e...od-1201242055/
ha nice find about the other house they recently bought!

here's the whole text of LA Times article (might be the same as WSJ) -

Lindsey Buckingham seeks $29.5-million haul for Brentwood compound
By NEAL J. LEITEREG
APR 17, 2019 | 9:15 AM

Lindsey Buckingham seeks $29.5-million haul for Brentwood compound

Lindsey Buckingham, formerly of Fleetwood Mac, and his wife, designer Kristen Buckingham, custom built the French Normandy-style home of about 10,000 square feet. The Brentwood property is now for sale at $29.5 million. (Adam Latham)

Rock ’n’ roll icon Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen, have listed their longtime Brentwood compound at $29.5 million as they near completion on a new home in the area.

The couple purchased the double-lot property in 2004 for $6.6 million and had the estate custom built. Kristen Buckingham, who has her own design firm, handled the interiors, which blend Old World and Traditional elements with a range of modern comforts.

Fronted by a large motor court, the French Normandy-inspired mansion features a white-painted brick exterior and weeping mortar that give it a whimsical vibe. About 10,000 square feet of interior space includes a rotunda entry with a sweeping spiral staircase that opens to formal living and dining rooms.

Lindsey and Kristen Buckingham's Brentwood estate | Hot Property
(Adam Latham)

1 / 20
A billiard room sits down a long hallway and connects to a wood-paneled den with a fireplace. The farmhouse-style kitchen is outfitted with professional-grade appliances.

The master suite is on the main level and has a sitting room, a fireplace, walk-in closets and a dressing room. Four additional en suite bedrooms lie upstairs.

Set on 1.3 acres of manicured grounds, the property also has a tennis court, a gym, a guest house and a screening room. Open patio spaces, a built-in barbecue, gardens and a swimming pool with a pavilion fill out the grounds.

Lindsey Buckingham, 69, gained fame as a songwriter, a lead vocalist and lead guitarist for the British American rock band Fleetwood Mac. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the group in 1998. He is not part of the band’s current lineup.

Last year, the couple sold another Brentwood home they custom built for $19 million. They have been constructing a new Brentwood home for themselves over the last two years.

Jeff Hyland of Hilton & Hyland and Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury hold the listing.

also in Architectural Digest -
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...brentwood-home

CELEBRITY STYLE
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham Lists Brentwood Home for $29.5 Million
The musician and his wife, interior designer Kristen Messner, built the home from the ground up 15 years ago

By Joyce Chen
April 17, 2019

a white house with a round tower with a stone driveway at night

The former Fleetwood Mac member's home is fully customized.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Highland

Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen Messner, are ready to move on from the their longtime custom-built home in Brentwood, California. Just one year after selling another house in the same luxe neighborhood, the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer and Messner, an interior designer, have put their 10,000-square-foot mansion on the market for $29.5 million. The large price tag is no doubt commensurate with the amount of time, effort, and money they poured into constructing the abode in 2004, when they purchased the land for $6.6 million and built the sprawling home from the ground up.

a room with two chandeliers light blue walls with a scene painted on them a wood dining room table and green chairs

The dining room in Lindsey Buckingham's home in Brentwood, California, is painted with an elaborate mural.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Highland

The house sits on 1.3 acres behind a set of secure double gates, with an impressive driveway and motor court leading up to the grand front entrance. There are a total of seven bedrooms on the premises, all boasting a blend of old-world and traditional aesthetics with a range of modern comforts. The exterior of the home is French Normandy–inspired, with a white painted-brick façade that opens onto a rotunda entryway featuring a spiral staircase that twists dramatically up to the second story. Just off the front entryway is a formal living room with exposed beam ceilings, an exquisite chandelier hanging above the space, and a stately fireplace with a molded mantel off to one side. The formal dining room features not one, but two similarly impressive chandeliers, as well as a mural that covers all four walls.

a kitchen with grey cabinetry a tiled floor a table and an island

The kitchen in Buckingham's home.

Photo: Adam Latham; Photo courtesy of Jade Mills

Elsewhere on the first floor is an impressive wood-paneled study with built-in shelves and cabinets ideal for displaying books, awards, and other memorabilia. A set of heavy wooden double doors connects to a billiard room beyond that, featuring handsome striped wallpaper. The multiroom master suite is unusually located on the main floor as well, and includes its own sitting room, fireplace, walk-in closets, and a dressing room. Additional en suite bedrooms are located on the second floor.

a room with striped wallpaper a pool table and two lights hanging from the ceiling

The billiard room in Buckingham's home.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Hyland

In addition to the impressively manicured grounds, the property also boasts a tennis court, a guesthouse, a gym, and a screening room that doubles as a recording studio. There is also a swimming pool with adjacent pavilion, numerous open patio spaces, and a built-in barbecue for entertaining.

a green yard with tall evergreen trees an inground pool and a cabana with vines growing over it.

The pool in Buckingham's backyard.

Photo: Adam Latham; Photo courtesy of Jade Mills

Last year, the couple sold another custom-built Brentwood home for $19 million. And their impetus to put this $29.5 million mansion on the market is, in fact, because they’re almost done with yet another Brentwood home they’ve been constructing over the last two years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Honestly, this isn’t because I’m a Lindsey fan but if I could afford it I would love Kristen to decorate my home.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It might be a good sign that he’s healthy enough to move

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It might be a good sign that he’s healthy enough to move
I doubt he'd be humping a piano down a flight of stairs, before OR after the heart attack!
Old 04-17-2019, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
he'd be humping a piano
there's a visual I wasn't expecting
Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's all just so much, everywhere. It's like she has a particular vendetta against a plain wall.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
there's a visual I wasn't expecting
Taking Jerry Lee Lewis to a new level.

And it was his cousin's piano!!!!