User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened. If they hadn’t joined, the band would have found others.
That's what people always say about scabs.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But what do they need money for? John only has one kid. Surely, he will be leaving her millions already.

Christine has always had lavish, lovely homes, but she can already afford them. I know she wants to leave all of John Perfect's kids something, but she sold her music catalog and made a lot of money already. I can understand wanting more money, but I can't understand wanting it so much that there are no lines you won't cross to get it.
he already bought her a lovely house in LA right out of school.

Hopefully he didn't also buy her a degree at Stanford. That sh%t's expensive.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But what do they need money for? John only has one kid. Surely, he will be leaving her millions already.

Christine has always had lavish, lovely homes, but she can already afford them. I know she wants to leave all of John Perfect's kids something, but she sold her music catalog and made a lot of money already. I can understand wanting more money, but I can't understand wanting it so much that there are no lines you won't cross to get it.

This made me think of what motivates them, along with money. I mean, how long realistically will Stevie be happy dancing in her beach apartment ?? Chris found out the hard way locked away in Kent.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/geez...bbath-retired/

Former Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler said he “went nuts” with boredom after the band ended its career.

They played their final show in February 2017, after which he initially enjoyed the feeling of having no calls on his time – but that feeling didn’t last.

“After 18 months of retirement, I would have said yes to anything,” Butler told Billboard. “After Sabbath finished, I just wanted to take time off and wake up every day and think, ‘Oh, great, I’ve got nothing to do today.’ That was okay for a year. After I put on about 20 pounds and watched every TV show there was, I just went nuts.”

He said he’d spent “a couple months” not playing any music before he started considering the possibility of a solo album, but around that point came the invitation to join Deadland Ritual alongside ex Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum, Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens and Apocalyptica vocalist Franky Perez.

“We sat down at my favorite vegan restaurant, Crossroads on Melrose Avenue, and talked about different music, and the kind of things I was thinking about,” he recalled. “And the end of it, they all say, 'We want you to join the band. Do you want to join?' And I says, 'Yeah.’”
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why people have the need to trash Lindsey's wife is completely beyond my comprehension.

i could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Stevie cult seem to really be into trashing her, and that is just weird.
Quote:
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.
Steve - blink twice if some 5 year old stole your account.

Quote:
Kristen is “the other woman,” the one who occupies a place once held by Stevie. The Stevie fans had an almost identical, if not more severe reaction to Bekka Bramlett. Lindsey/Rumours-only lineup fans are acting the same way about Neil and Mike now.
i have no idea what Stevie fans' reaction to Bekka was, and if they felt that she doesn't sound good singing Stevie's lines and harmonies like Lindsey and Classic lineup fans feel now about both vocals and guitar, i can understand Bekka-Campbell/Finn comparison. but nobody compared them to Bekka here, and you compared them to Kristen, not Bekka.

you compared a pure hate and defamation of someone's wife that nobody really knows much about yet people feel free calling her nastiest possible names, to fans not accepting the sound of the new band.

Quote:
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened.
how do you know that? we certainly don't know either way - they may or may not have known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
who's hating on them? Nearly everyone I've heard has gone out of their way to leave Mike and Neil out of this.

You may have found a few outliers.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie is certainly reflective. Her views/opinions do change as time go on. If I had to predict, I think she will regret this decision. There's absolutely no chance Mick, John and Chris can do another tour. This is it. You know Stevie will take 3 years to do whatever she wants to do. They can't wait that long. I feel that this is the end of FM touring/performing.
Why would she regret something she has been waiting all her life to achieve? She FINALLY got rid of him.

Quote:

I honestly don't get it. I still don't get it. If they wanted to fire him, fine. But why the cold shoulder? Just explain why they had the need to fire him, and everybody happy. Well, no happy, but at least we would have a reason for what they did.

This is not about money.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Why would she regret something she has been waiting all her life to achieve? She FINALLY got rid of him.

I honestly don't get it. I still don't get it. If they wanted to fire him, fine. But why the cold shoulder? Just explain why they had the need to fire him, and everybody happy. Well, no happy, but at least we would have a reason for what they did.

This is not about money.
You know she's going to want to tour Buckingham Nicks. They always said they wanted to go out the same way they went in. That's just my guess, though.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know she's going to want to tour Buckingham Nicks. They always said they wanted to go out the same way they went in. That's just my guess, though.
i hope he's not stupid or gullible enough to do it.

plus - she wanted to get rid of him. it's over. she doesn't want him back - or get him back on a whim.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would she? She hasn't even mentioned him during this tour. Only when she had to, when it was politically correct to do it. She's happy now. Let her be happy, and let Lindsey recover fast enough so we can enjoy him one more time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah. They could've done it by now. Besides, when she WAS thinking of doing it she had all these plans to have Waddy come along, which made Lindsey almost fall off his chair. So, yeah, no BN tour. Ever.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is certainly reflective. Her views/opinions do change as time go on. If I had to predict, I think she will regret this decision. There's absolutely no chance Mick, John and Chris can do another tour. This is it. You know Stevie will take 3 years to do whatever she wants to do. They can't wait that long. I feel that this is the end of FM touring/performing.
I don't mean to say they feel contrite or responsible, but I bet they all regretted it as soon as Lindsey had a heart attack.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I highly doubt that will ever happen. The bloom is off the rose...it was before she got him fired, and it sure as hell is now.

They should have toured BN in 1998 after Chris left. The momentum was there, it was the 25th anniversary of its release...they were huge with The Dance...it was the perfect time.

Forget it now, she'd probably want to call it Nicks with Buckingham.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
By all accounts she was furious and upset when he left FM in 1987. Also, according to Billy Burnette's book, Stevie was the one who requested Lindsey perform with FM at Bill Clinton's inauguration, which upset Billy. And then, there were the tours she went on with Lindsey after Christine left, plus the recording of Say You Will. So what you said is not accurate. It would appear that it was only fairly recently she wanted him out of the band, not "all her life."
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
By all accounts she was furious and upset when he left FM in 1987. Also, according to Billy Burnette's book, Stevie was the one who requested Lindsey perform with FM at Bill Clinton's inauguration, which upset Billy. And then, there were the tours she went on with Lindsey after Christine left, plus the recording of Say You Will. So what you said is not accurate. It would appear that it was only fairly recently she wanted him out of the band, not "all her life."
She didn’t “request” Lindsey to perform with FM at the Bill Clinton’s inauguration. She told him that if he didn’t do it she would “never speak to him again”. She was thinking more about Clinton than Lindsey here. How bad it would look if he didn’t join them.

Say you will? Really? Did I need to recount all her nasty comments about that recording and about him?

She had wanted him out of the band since The Dance.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean, they've done worse to each other. The last break up was physical. I know they are much older know, and I think much smarter (and sober). I think they realize the importance of reflection and what it means to end on a good note. I'm not saying its going to be easy or even quick, but I don't see this as a complete end.

What is Stevie going to do? Tour solo forever? She definitely has at least 5 more good years in her.

I really think if Lindsey fully heals, they'll reconcile.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

Forget it now, she'd probably want to call it Nicks with Buckingham.
That's hilarious.