User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Nobody visited him in the hospital when he had that seizure in the 70's but they did call him and send flowers. Carol said she could tell Lindsey was offended. I had hoped they would've grown up a little since then but I guess not.
I used to think Carol was lying. After this, not anymore.

Lindsey is better off without them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly how much of Carol’s truth are you willing to accept?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-12-2019 at 06:54 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Nobody visited him in the hospital when he had that seizure in the 70's but they did call him and send flowers. Carol said she could tell Lindsey was offended. I had hoped they would've grown up a little since then but I guess not.
i wouldn't necessarily put too much stock in Carol's version of that story, especially considering we've seen AMA footage and her completely opposite version in the book.
Quote:

Lindsey is better off without them.
yeah, i think it can go either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Exactly how much of Carol’s truth are you willing to accept?
depends on the story. AMA? not so much. running barefoot through DC? not so much. violence episodes? i usually go with believe the woman. Eric Clapton and darts in the cold english castle story? i find that one amusing so i'll go with believing in that one. Lindsey's fetish for shoulders? i think there's a lot of evidence for that one. so i think it's pretty fair assumption that her stories and interpretations are hit and miss and hard to say which ones are exactly true and which ones are embellished. a lot of dark stuff but also a lot of fun read in Carol's book.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
How sad.
Hard to believe Fleetwood Mac is over, as we knew it.
But there should be no hope for a re-do with Lindsey.

I would never go back to those people for all the money or music in the world.

Yes, this is the bottom line. The band's over. O-V-E-R. No matter how much they try to sell this joke of a new lineup, it isn't authentic, it isn't real. As Mark Twain once wrote in the voice of Huck, "You can't pray a lie."
Old 03-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
How sad.
Hard to believe Fleetwood Mac is over, as we knew it.
But there should be no hope for a re-do with Lindsey.

I would never go back to those people for all the money or music in the world.
Well apparently you would, cause you're still here.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well apparently you would, cause you're still here.
We’re all waiting and wishing for Lindsey’s recovery and a new SOLO album and tour. That’s why we’re in Lindsey’s forum.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wouldn't necessarily put too much stock in Carol's version of that story, especially considering we've seen AMA footage and her completely opposite version in the book.

yeah, i think it can go either way.

depends on the story. AMA? not so much. running barefoot through DC? not so much. violence episodes? i usually go with believe the woman. Eric Clapton and darts in the cold english castle story? i find that one amusing so i'll go with believing in that one. Lindsey's fetish for shoulders? i think there's a lot of evidence for that one. so i think it's pretty fair assumption that her stories and interpretations are hit and miss and hard to say which ones are exactly true and which ones are embellished. a lot of dark stuff but also a lot of fun read in Carol's book.
The iconic Rolling Stone photo shoot taking place in her bed? I think not.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why people have the need to trash Lindsey's wife is completely beyond my comprehension.

i could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Stevie cult seem to really be into trashing her, and that is just weird.
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.
I personally don't feel any desire to trash them. Finn was awesome in Crowded House and I like some of his solo stuff. Mike of course was always a vital part of The Heartbreakers... but neither of them belong in Fleetwood Mac. And yet they are in Fleetwood Mac. So for me it's just not the same anymore and I find myself almost at a loss for words regarding Lindsey's exit. Most of the time all I can do is shake my head.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike Campbell knew what was going on, how Lindsey was being fired and looked the other way. Neil Finn probably found out later and also looked the other way. What did Kristen do? Married Lindsey and had his children? Don’t Stevie’s cultists hate Lindsey? Then, I don’t see the problem here.

Btw, a cult needs more than 12 people. Needs more than a half empty theater. It needs an arena. Those that Stevie fills alone night after night.

It’s weird to see so many Lindsey’s haters here...
Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Kristen. She just tells it like she feels it. I too gave Chris and John a pass, but John and Chris still have a huge say in what goes on in Fleetwood Mac. Are they that worried about money that Stevie really has all the power now? I believe so.

There are no ticket sales without Stevie. Bottom line is all about the money for these people. Sad.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mike Campbell knew what was going on, how Lindsey was being fired and looked the other way. Neil Finn probably found out later and also looked the other way.
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened. If they hadn’t joined, the band would have found others.

Quote:
What did Kristen do?
Kristen is “the other woman,” the one who occupies a place once held by Stevie. The Stevie fans had an almost identical, if not more severe reaction to Bekka Bramlett. Lindsey/Rumours-only lineup fans are acting the same way about Neil and Mike now.

Quote:
It’s weird to see so many Lindsey’s haters here...
Not a hater. I’ve seen him more than any of the others outside of the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

who's hating on them? Nearly everyone I've heard has gone out of their way to leave Mike and Neil out of this.

You may have found a few outliers.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is certainly reflective. Her views/opinions do change as time go on. If I had to predict, I think she will regret this decision. There's absolutely no chance Mick, John and Chris can do another tour. This is it. You know Stevie will take 3 years to do whatever she wants to do. They can't wait that long. I feel that this is the end of FM touring/performing.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Love Kristen. She just tells it like she feels it. I too gave Chris and John a pass, but John and Chris still have a huge say in what goes on in Fleetwood Mac. Are they that worried about money that Stevie really has all the power now? I believe so.

There are no ticket sales without Stevie. Bottom line is all about the money for these people. Sad.
But what do they need money for? John only has one kid. Surely, he will be leaving her millions already.

Christine has always had lavish, lovely homes, but she can already afford them. I know she wants to leave all of John Perfect's kids something, but she sold her music catalog and made a lot of money already. I can understand wanting more money, but I can't understand wanting it so much that there are no lines you won't cross to get it.