User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
First I'm seeing this detail... So he felt the pain/maybe recognized the signs and went to get checked out. (Although "was taken" can mean a few different things). Anyway, thank goodness they caught it in time. Thanks for posting these, Elle.
Same! I keep scouring the internet for more info and I am glad that it appears he/they recognized the signs and reacted correctly. Too many people pass it off and do nothing!
Old 02-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
First I'm seeing this detail... So he felt the pain/maybe recognized the signs and went to get checked out. (Although "was taken" can mean a few different things). Anyway, thank goodness they caught it in time. Thanks for posting these, Elle.
I hadn't seen that before either. I want to know - was he taken to the hospital in a car by his family after feeling some pain? Or in an ambulance after a severe episode? I guess I just want to be reassured that it wasn't as bad as I initially envisioned (although bad enough).

Old 02-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is that Beautiful Child was correct about the tracheotomy. His face also looks swollen. They probably had to assault him a bit to perform revival efforts and bring him back around.

The paramedics would not be the first to want to beat him up. Thanks for saving his life.

Last edited by michelej1; 02-10-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 02-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
My guess is that Beautiful Child was correct about the tracheotomy. His face also looks swollen. They probably had to assault him a bit to perform revival efforts and bring him back around.

The paramedics would not be the first want to beat him up. Thanks for saving his life.
Exactly. Even if he never performs again, thank god they saved his life.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ummm, Billy’s post just makes me tear up. What a kind gesture.

How could I have been so wrong about people for all of this time? I thought they were brothers and sisters.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ummm, Billy’s post just makes me tear up. What a kind gesture.

How could I have been so wrong about people for all of this time? I thought they were brothers and sisters.
That's the worst part. People I thought were never gonna say anything about Lindsey are really surprising me.

I gave Stevie and Christine their last chance last night. Not that they care, of course. I was only doing it because that's what Lindsey wants to feel happy again. Not anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they DID reach out to him privately. Christine probably sent him an email and this would be an opportune time for Stevie to ring him up, because he can’t talk back.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe they DID reach out to him privately. Christine probably sent him an email and this would be an opportune time for Stevie to ring him up, because he can’t talk back.
I agree on the former, and the latter just made me laugh aloud!
Old 02-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just think of what a psycho I have been, how easily touched, how quick I was to think I saw caring. Remember when none of them thought Lindsey would perform because of his back? And then he did and as Stevie went off the stage she said “Lindsey is one strong man” and Christine took the guitar from his hands as if she wanted to lighten his load.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree on the former, and the latter just made me laugh aloud!
But to be honest, I wasn’t without sarcasm when I mentioned Christine sending an email. I mean, she probably did, but ...
Old 02-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But to be honest, I wasn’t without sarcasm when I mentioned Christine sending an email. I mean, she probably did, but ...
While I would never defend their behavior....people go to a concert to have a good time. IF he had quit the group, I can see them mentioning his heart attack. HOWEVER, given that that nasty old goat fired him, them mentioning it brings up the true ugliness, that is $tevie Nick$' heart. It would broach the subject they're desperately trying to hide.

It was kind of a no win situation. But still, they're scum, regardless.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I say this fully aware that it's not really a fair thing to say, but I woke up this morning to a video in my Instagram feed of Stevie doing the "crack head dance" in Austin the previous night. I know they have tour dates scheduled and obligations to fulfill, which is why what I'm about to say is not fair, but man... it really disgusted me. They of course have to keep performing and I saw on Facebook that Neil and Mick made mention of Lindsey at different points in the show, but there was just something about her gyrating and whatnot that really bugged me. Maybe it's the fact that she's talked about that as if it's some sort of gift she's giving the audience... "I do it every night, and it breaks my back..." Oy.

I'm not saying any of this to throw another log on the anti-Stevie pyre... there's enough of that already. But as a longtime fan of this band and the people in it, I never thought I'd come to feel the way I do about them.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I say this fully aware that it's not really a fair thing to say, but I woke up this morning to a video in my Instagram feed of Stevie doing the "crack head dance" in Austin the previous night. I know they have tour dates scheduled and obligations to fulfill, which is why what I'm about to say is not fair, but man... it really disgusted me. They of course have to keep performing and I saw on Facebook that Neil and Mick made mention of Lindsey at different points in the show, but there was just something about her gyrating and whatnot that really bugged me. Maybe it's the fact that she's talked about that as if it's some sort of gift she's giving the audience... "I do it every night, and it breaks my back..." Oy.

I'm not saying any of this to throw another log on the anti-Stevie pyre... there's enough of that already. But as a longtime fan of this band and the people in it, I never thought I'd come to feel the way I do about them.
I feel the same way, it's like a mourning process over the people you thought a certain way about, and then they completely blindside you. Pure disappointment.

It's akin to having a really good friend do something horrible that you never thought in a million years they would do. And you are so shocked and disappointed and mortified and angry, that you feel so let down.

They may be human, and have faults, and I don't really know them, but common decency was one thing I thought they did have, and that seems to be not the case. And it seems to be "not the case" over and over and over, with no end in sight.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
While I would never defend their behavior....people go to a concert to have a good time. IF he had quit the group, I can see them mentioning his heart attack. HOWEVER, given that that nasty old goat fired him, them mentioning it brings up the true ugliness, that is $tevie Nick$' heart. It would broach the subject they're desperately trying to hide.

It was kind of a no win situation. But still, they're scum, regardless.
Seriously, she does have an ugly heart. She was in her glory last night in Austin. You could see it on her plastic face.