The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank goodness Lindsey survived this awful health scare. Hoping for a speedy full recovery
Old 02-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure if he will even want to stay active as a musician. Such an experience will change your focus. While I really hope that he will fully recover, I'm not even sure if that is possible. He is not a young man - we forget that, because he is so enthusiastic on stage and so full of energy. My Dad was 68, (a non-smoker who did sport and according to his doctor was in great health) when he had his heart attack, he had open heart surgery as well and he recovered. He was a bit more careful with stress after that, but went on doing what he always did, only to have a devastating stroke that left him paralyzed and without any ability to speak or understand language. He lived for 8 more years, we'll never know how much he suffered, he couldn't tell us. I don't wish that on anyone. So - I would like Lindsey to slow down considerable, enjoying a life outside the demands of the music industry.

What really follows me is that Lindsey likely would be dead if he would have been on tour with FM. Collapsed in a hotel room in Denver or Houston, with noone around him.

Maybe being at home just saved his life.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm not sure if he will even want to stay active as a musician. Such an experience will change your focus. While I really hope that he will fully recover, I'm not even sure if that is possible. He is not a young man - we forget that, because he is so enthusiastic on stage and so full of energy. My Dad was 68, (a non-smoker who did sport and according to his doctor was in great health) when he had his heart attack, he had open heart surgery as well and he recovered. He was a bit more careful with stress after that, but went on doing what he always did, only to have a devastating stroke that left him paralyzed and without any ability to speak or understand language. He lived for 8 more years, we'll never know how much he suffered, he couldn't tell us. I don't wish that on anyone. So - I would like Lindsey to slow down considerable, enjoying a life outside the demands of the music industry.

What really follows me is that Lindsey likely would be dead if he would have been on tour with FM. Collapsed in a hotel room in Denver or Houston, with noone around him.

Maybe not. Maybe getting kicked out of a band for smirking and going through a lawsuit was sooo stressful that it hurt his heart. Or maybe the old witch put a death spell on him.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think we are all very fortunate that he made it through. Not being in the big machine right now is probably a good thing. Who needs a long tour? I'm looking forward to whatever he decides to do next - whether it's touring, production, or even something online. Go Lindsey!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

I'm sorry to hear what your father (and you and family) went through.

I also hope that Lindsey is able to slow down and enjoy the precious gift of life with his beautiful family. Music is an incredible gift, but life? As Tyrion Lannister said in the first season of GoT, "Death is so final. Whereas life? Life is so full of possibilities." I'm so grateful he is still here.

Such a scary thought to think of this happening on the FM tour. I do agree the stress of the last year contributed (how could it not?) but the thought of him being alone in a hotel room with no family around is too terrible to ponder for long. Thank God he was home with family to help and care and love him.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Failing all else, Lindsey could take to his natural habitat and produce other artists.

As for all this conjecture: Since we can only speculate about what would have happened in either scenario, let's be thankful Lindsey found himself in the one where we know he survived.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-09-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Old 02-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I kinda like the idea of him taking time to reflect and write a book. I never really saw him as the type, but after watching him and hearing him speak over the last year or so, I think he just could.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Maybe not. Maybe getting kicked out of a band for smirking and going through a lawsuit was sooo stressful that it hurt his heart. Or maybe the old witch put a death spell on him.
I agree, maybe the firing was just too much.
Your last comment is hilarious. First time I’ve felt like smiling since hearing about this horrible thing happening to Lindsey.

Last edited by lovethemac1; 02-09-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post

all the articles are basically just quoting KB's message and adding different titles, but maybe worth posting some. here is the RS one that was among the first anyway -

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ad8PJfQsGarTJw

Lindsey Buckingham Suffers Vocal Cord Damage From Emergency Surgery
Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist recuperating at home after open heart surgery

By ANDY GREENE

Lindsey Buckingham performs at The Wilbur Theatre, in BostonLindsey Buckingham in Concert - , Boston, USA - 05 Dec 2018

Winslow Townson/Invision/AP/REX/Shutterstock

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham underwent emergency open heart surgery last week and is now recuperating at his home. “Each day he is stronger than the last,” his wife Kristen Buckingham wrote in a statement. “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is unclear if the damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.”

Buckingham was forced out of Fleetwood Mac last year when Stevie Nicks made it clear to the rest of the band that she could no longer work with him. “After 43 years and the finish line so clearly in sight, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that for the five of us to splinter part would be the wrong thing,” Buckingham wrote in an e-mail to group co-founder leader Mick Fleetwood after learning the news. “At the moment, the band’s heart and soul has been diminished. But out center, which has seen us through so much, is only laying dormant.”

The appeal didn’t work and the band brought on Neil Finn of Crowded House and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to replace him. Buckingham sued the band over the termination, though they settled out of court. The guitarist spent the last few months playing solo gigs to promote his new three-disc set Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham.

“This past year has been a very stressful and difficult year for our family to say the least,” Kristen Buckingham wrote. “But despite all of this, our gratitude for life trumps all obstacles we have faced at this moment. We feel so fortunate that he’s alive. As does he. He looks forward to recovery and putting this behind him. Needless to say, all touring and shows currently schedule have been put on pause for the moment as he gathers the strength to heal completely.”

Read the complete statement from Kristen Buckingham below:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Except for the “death spell”, that’s exactly what came to my mind, too.

The hurt and pain on his face has been very clear over this past year. No one will ever know for sure, but with a lifelong career with your band ending like it did — that had to have had a massive physical impact on his body.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Except for the “death spell”, that’s exactly what came to my mind, too.

The hurt and pain on his face has been very clear over this past year. No one will ever know for sure, but with a lifelong career with your band ending like it did — that had to have had a massive physical impact on his body.
And of course all these people that have known him for the past 50+ years were aware of his family history, and YET they threw him away like an old dog without a logical explanation.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wouldn't put it past her
BUT

that is pretty evil
and if she did anything remotely like that she deserves to die in an horrific plane crash or something similiar

but totally agree if he was on tour with the "band" he would probably be dead in a hotel. and that is truly a depressing thought.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
wouldn't put it past her
BUT

that is pretty evil
and if she did anything remotely like that she deserves to die in an horrific plane crash or something similiar

but totally agree if he was on tour with the "band" he would probably be dead in a hotel. and that is truly a depressing thought.
How stupid are you people? Even if she wanted LB out of the band, she already got her wish. Why would she want him to have a near death health issue? Your parents raised some f*cked up "kids". Sad thing is you're all 50-60. Just pathetic and embarrassing.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
How stupid are you people? Even if she wanted LB out of the band, she already got her wish. Why would she want him to have a near death health issue? Your parents raised some f*cked up "kids". Sad thing is you're all 50-60. Just pathetic and embarrassing.
nobody thinks that seriously. please go away from LB forum with your judgmental bs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nobody thinks that seriously. please go away from LB forum with your judgmental bs.
Oh, they're all joking? FOH.