User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
On the bright side, he has the best medical care/doctors that money can guy. If anyone is going to make a full recovery, it's going to be someone who has a boatload of money.

I do think it is weird that I saw the best solo tour he's ever done AND met him, right before he got sick. When we first got the news, I took that as an omen. I was afraid that was going to be the last time I was going to see him. I felt like the universe had us meet because it knew he was going to be ill.

To quote him, "It's a dark thought, I realize."
similar.... I had gone to prev tours but never met him. Almost didn't make it this time because I was horribly sick and couldn't fly.. changed dates of my flights twice before biting the bullet and flying a red-eye. If I hadn't, and he hadn't survived, I'd be devastated.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jagger had a stent put in to prop up an artery and is expected to make a complete recovery. That makes me feel good. Of course, I wish that Lindsey's problem could have been detected before it resulted in an emergency. But when I read all the positive stuff about Jagger returning to work, I feel better about Lindsey, all the same.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Jagger had a stent put in to prop up an artery and is expected to make a complete recovery. That makes me feel good. Of course, I wish that Lindsey's problem could have been detected before it resulted in an emergency. But when I read all the positive stuff about Jagger returning to work, I feel better about Lindsey, all the same.

Agreed. Lindsey’s procedure seemed to be very invasive but Mick’s positive update is making me feel good about LB
Old 04-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of course, Jagger didn't have open heart surgery, his surgery was minimally invasive.

Lindsey was closely monitoring his heart health, as far as we know, ever since his brother and father died of heart-related problems. he was well aware of his family history and that he has to watch it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
of course, Jagger didn't have open heart surgery, his surgery was minimally invasive.

Lindsey was closely monitoring his heart health, as far as we know, ever since his brother and father died of heart-related problems. he was well aware of his family history and that he has to watch it.
I don't know how closely he was monitoring it. He may have figured he had reached a certain age and made sure to eat healthy and thought maybe that took him out of the danger zone. On the other hand, I know to get tour insurance you have to have a physical. That's how they found Jagger's problem and I remember way back when that's how they found out Magic Johnson had HIV, an insurance check up for him to travel with the Lakers.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know how closely he was monitoring it. He may have figured he had reached a certain age and made sure to eat healthy and thought maybe that took him out of the danger zone. On the other hand, I know to get tour insurance you have to have a physical. That's how they found Jagger's problem and I remember way back when that's how they found out Magic Johnson had HIV, an insurance check up for him to travel with the Lakers.
So to all the people who said FM SAVED Lindsey's life by firing him because he could have had a heart attack alone in his hotel room, or on stage, they actually may have almost killed him. If they didn't fire him, he would have had a physical before he went on tour and maybe they would have caught his issue earlier--like Jagger. I am sorry, had to go there
Old 04-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
So to all the people who said FM SAVED Lindsey's life by firing him because he could have had a heart attack alone in his hotel room, or on stage, they actually may have almost killed him. If they didn't fire him, he would have had a physical before he went on tour and maybe they would have caught his issue earlier--like Jagger. I am sorry, had to go there
Did his own tour not require the same kind of insurance and checkup?
Old 04-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Did his own tour not require the same kind of insurance and checkup?
I am being slightly facetious given some of the comments around here when LB had his surgery. It may not have come off that way. That being said, and someone else may be able to correct me, because I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere the insurance requirement is due to the scope/scale and venues and/or promoter a larger tour (like an FM or Stones tour) would require the insurance/physical.

Last edited by Storms123; 04-05-2019 at 10:25 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Harrowing to think about. This episode with Mick Jagger really illustrates the point.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

I don't like this nearly complete lack of information.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I don't like this nearly complete lack of information.
Yes, I understand the need for privacy and people jump to conclusions and you want to curtail that, but ...

I have to say that the list ranking the RRHOF people did not help me much. I went down the list and saw how everyone died. I'd forgotten a lot of that. Jackie Wilson had a heart attack on stage because he was being an idiot. He took salt pills before the show so that he could sweat more on stage because the ladies love that. First of all, it's disgusting. I don't understand it when people want Lindsey's sweaty towel.

Anyway, Jackie Wilson had a heart attack on stage. He suffered brain damage because he went for a prolonged time without oxygen to his brain. That made me wonder about Lindsey. Luckily, the one picture we have with Kristen was encouraging because Lindsey looked weak, but he looked alert and aware. If his brain is ok, we only really have to worry about his voice. I think the heart recovery will be slow but sure.