User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB co-headlining Doheny Blues Festival May 18-19

tickets and info here http://dohenybluesfestival.com/lineu...MiViKM_zF4igcM

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ben Harper, Lindsey Buckingham, Marcus King Band and More to Play Doheny Blues Festival

February 4, 2019

California’s Doheny Blues Festival will return to Dana Point this spring, and festival organizers have announced the lineup for the two-day gathering, including headliners Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals and former Fleetwood Mac guitarist/songwriter Lindsey Buckingham.

Also set to play the festival, which will feature three stages of music, are The Marcus King Band, Taj Mahal Quartet, Johnny Lang, The Robert Cray Band, the Allman Betts Band, the John Mayall Band, North Mississippi Allstars, Vintage Trouble, Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Southern Avenue, Taz Niederauer and more.

Doheny Blues Festival will take place in Dana Point’s Sea Terrace Park on May 18 and 19. More information can be found at the festival’s website.

Read more: https://relix.com/festivals/detail/b...#ixzz5ebwjxUrN

Old 02-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ben Harper and LB... do we think Jimmy is pulling double duty behind the drum kit for this festival??
Old 02-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Ben Harper and LB... do we think Jimmy is pulling double duty behind the drum kit for this festival??
yup, that's what i'm thinking.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, that's what i'm thinking.
Whew, long night for him.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Whew, long night for him.
nope:

Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminal will perform on Saturday, May 18 along with Taj Mahal Quartet, Robert Cray Band, Allman Betts Band, North Mississippi Allstars and others.

Lindsey Buckingham performs on Sunday, May 19 along with Jonny Lang, The Marcus King Band, Vintage Trouble, John Mayall Band with Carolyn Wonderland, Southern Avenue and more including Artist-At-Large Brandon “Taz” Niederauer.

i love the John Mayall connection, too. circular and organic. and unlike that other band that spun out from his, John Mayall is still releasing new music!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nope:

Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminal will perform on Saturday, May 18 along with Taj Mahal Quartet, Robert Cray Band, Allman Betts Band, North Mississippi Allstars and others.

Lindsey Buckingham performs on Sunday, May 19 along with Jonny Lang, The Marcus King Band, Vintage Trouble, John Mayall Band with Carolyn Wonderland, Southern Avenue and more including Artist-At-Large Brandon “Taz” Niederauer.

i love the John Mayall connection, too. circular and organic. and unlike that other band that spun out from his, John Mayall is still releasing new music!
Oops, make that a long weekend instead!
Old 02-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wonder whether they'll run into one another and commiserate about Mick and John (doubt it).

Last edited by cbBen; 02-06-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this means some new west coast tour dates.
I'm not a fan of blues festivals -- after awhile, it all starts to sound the same.
Zzzzzzzzzzz.....
Old 02-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I hope this means some new west coast tour dates.
I'm not a fan of blues festivals -- after awhile, it all starts to sound the same.
Zzzzzzzzzzz.....
This raises an interesting point, sort of indirectly... what exactly is LB doing at a blues festival? I've never been to a blues festival, so maybe it's a very big tent kind of thing, but I don't see his music (solo or in FM) really fitting under that canopy? Or is this like the New Orleans Jazz Festival, in which the headliners are not really so much jazz acts?
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
This raises an interesting point, sort of indirectly... what exactly is LB doing at a blues festival? I've never been to a blues festival, so maybe it's a very big tent kind of thing, but I don't see his music (solo or in FM) really fitting under that canopy? Or is this like the New Orleans Jazz Festival, in which the headliners are not really so much jazz acts?
yeah - someone on social media said that they've been going for years to this festival, and it's not only blues, that it's a mixture of various music styles. kinda like NOLA jazz festival is not really all jazz.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like this will be cancelled. LB probably won’t tour at all this year.