User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think that's the interview! if you read very carefully, MC says he would love for current FM to record together. or that he's hoping they might....so Mike saying he'd love to..... and then following it up with something like "if we still talk to each other when the tour ends" i found very telling. maybe i'm just an optimist - or burned too many times between 2009 and 2016 that now i know better.
See, I read that more as commentary on the length of the tour rather than the band dynamics.

That said, nothing would surprise me with them anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if they parted ways with MC after this leg and brought back RV for Europe and the Tasmanian Sea legs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
From the Present Band forum…

Déjà vu.
do you have that interview - link or something? as we've just discussed above with MC and MF interviews, people tend to hear what they'd like to, or there are some subtle hints not immediately noticeable. and again - we've been hearing from Mick, Lindsey and Christine for years, very explicitly, that they went into studio, recorded together, traded song roughs, and that FM record is in the works. even SN dropped at the Village Recorder and said in an interview or 2 that they will release new music (among 100s of interviews where she was talking against new FM music). and then they didn't and BuckVie happened, and we were lucky that they pushed it out in spite of SN kicking and screaming against it.

Quote:
See, I read that more as commentary on the length of the tour rather than the band dynamics.
did MC complained anywhere on the length of the FM tour? we did hear there are problems with band dynamics.

Quote:
That said, nothing would surprise me with them anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if they parted ways with MC after this leg and brought back RV for Europe and the Tasmanian Sea legs.
that came out of the left field? same with your chess talk that nobody heard but you, i'm again curious who are you talking to that is giving you this info? or are you just pulling it outta thin air? i thought RV is pi**ed at Mick for not even considering him and that he never plays in Mick's restaurant anymore?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2019, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I only had to see my coworkers fifty times from now through the end of September, I'd be delighted!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If I only had to see my coworkers fifty times from now through the end of September, I'd be delighted!
That’s almost as accurate as saying that NFL players only work 16 days a year. There’s a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes than just showtime.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That’s almost as accurate as saying that NFL players only work 16 days a year. There’s a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes than just showtime.
Let me plop myself in my rocker recliner and grab some popcorn while you attempt to convince me that fifty shows in nine months is a full schedule, comparable to an NFL season.

Okay, all set.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me plop myself in my rocker recliner and grab some popcorn while you attempt to convince me that fifty shows in nine months is a full schedule, comparable to an NFL season.

Okay, all set.
That was terrific and I almost choked on my lacroix!
Old 02-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Clearly the schedule was far too tight for those Lindsey shows to be worked into the schedule...
Old 02-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Okay, all set.
Well, as I said elsewhere in a reply to a similar post of yours…

I see a bunch of people, most near or over 70, being away from home, in near constant motion, not necessarily knowing what the accommodations are going to be like, when or where the next meal will be, never getting to feel settled in, constantly being around the same people, where one day can feel like a week, for over four months straight.

Granted, the way they tour is a completely different beast from what I got to experience (mine was pretty blue collar by comparison), the fundamentals are pretty much the same.

It’s not easy, it takes a toll, and the show becomes almost a formality in the grand scheme of a day (which is how they can play the same setlist every night).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see a bunch of people, most near or over 70, being away from home, in near constant motion, not necessarily knowing what the accommodations are going to be like, when or where the next meal will be, never getting to feel settled in, constantly being around the same people, where one day can feel like a week, for over four months straight.
yes, those poor people not knowing whether they'll get to eat their next meal.

maybe they should stop touring considering it sounds like such a hardship for them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know Stevie packs extra cans of Beefaroni and animal crackers in case catering falls through on show night!
Old 02-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you have that interview - link or something? as we've just discussed above with MC and MF interviews, people tend to hear what they'd like to, or there are some subtle hints not immediately noticeable. and again - we've been hearing from Mick, Lindsey and Christine for years, very explicitly, that they went into studio, recorded together, traded song roughs, and that FM record is in the works. even SN dropped at the Village Recorder and said in an interview or 2 that they will release new music (among 100s of interviews where she was talking against new FM music). and then they didn't and BuckVie happened, and we were lucky that they pushed it out in spite of SN kicking and screaming against it.

did MC complained anywhere on the length of the FM tour? we did hear there are problems with band dynamics.

that came out of the left field? same with your chess talk that nobody heard but you, i'm again curious who are you talking to that is giving you this info? or are you just pulling it outta thin air? i thought RV is pi**ed at Mick for not even considering him and that he never plays in Mick's restaurant anymore?
Wasn't it Billy that said he was mad that he wasn't considered?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Wasn't it Billy that said he was mad that he wasn't considered?
Billy definitely .band.

Vito was way more discreet, but i believe i saw something about him too. maybe someone can dig it out - has he played Mick's restaurant gigs since april 2019? he used to be pretty regular there.

guess Mick threw old friends under the bus to try and make new ones? or just to try and make money.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up 1st tour date?

just for people who come in this thread thinking LB announced spring tour dates:

not yet, but we got his California festival date yesterday - May 19th. so i suppose his spring US tour dates will either start around mid May, or maybe that date is in the middle (or end?) of his 2nd US leg of the Solo Anthology tour and it might start in maybe April.

i guess we should watch and maybe this week we get some more dates. his website license seems to be renewed too.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, as I said elsewhere in a reply to a similar post of yours…

I see a bunch of people, most near or over 70, being away from home, in near constant motion, not necessarily knowing what the accommodations are going to be like, when or where the next meal will be, never getting to feel settled in, constantly being around the same people, where one day can feel like a week, for over four months straight
Granted, the way they tour is a completely different beast from what I got to experience (mine was pretty blue collar by comparison), the fundamentals are pretty much the same.

It’s not easy, it takes a toll, and the show becomes almost a formality in the grand scheme of a day (which is how they can play the same setlist every night).
Hardly. At this stage in the game these folks know EXACTLY what the accommodations will be, because they spell it out in their contracts. Stevie will be in a presidential suite in a 5 star hotel. The others will be in very nice accommodations at same or similar level hotels. I'm sure Stevie has her team very well trained on what and when and how she likes to dine. And on this tour she's been doing very little to no press compared to previous tours, so she hasn't even been doing the day-long phone ins and all that. John doesn't do press at all, so when he's off he isn't handling interviews or photo shoots etc. They have multiple days between many if not most shows. I'm not blaming them, I'm simply pointing out that touring for them is NOT what it is for younger, less successful bands. Hell even Kiss was talking about their recent tours and saying they will only stay at 5 star hotels and this and that-- it's an age and experience thing at this point. Granted they are away from home for months but certainly for Stevie she loves it even though she makes a show of complaining about it.... the others probably less so. I don't feel bad for them one whit.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie will be in a presidential suite in a 5 star hotel. The others will be in very nice accommodations at same or similar level hotels. I'm sure Stevie has her team very well trained on what and when and how she likes to dine.
Karen, do this, and Karen, do that!!

Quote:
And on this tour she's been doing very little to no press compared to previous tours, so she hasn't even been doing the day-long phone ins and all that..
And we all know why so yeah, less and less work on each tour.

Quote:
Granted they are away from home for months but certainly for Stevie she loves it even though she makes a show of complaining about it.... the others probably less so. I don't feel bad for them one whit.
Stevie LOVES touring. But she loves complaining more....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.