Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Tour dates??

Anyone know when tour dates gonna b announced??
Old 01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Waiting on the countdown.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
no idea. hope there is a late spring tour!

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2019, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s possible Mike is still waiting on permission from Stevie to talk to the other members of the band.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!
I’d love to read his quotes on this. Is this a recent interview by chance?
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not surprised. But Elle....do tell? Where did he say this
Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You know who I'm more sad about? NF's fans. They seem so determined to prove the band is so much happier now without Lindsey, and of course Neil is doing a better job than Lindsey used to on his own songs.

"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I’d love to read his quotes on this. Is this a recent interview by chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Not surprised. But Elle....do tell? Where did he say this
there is a link somewhere in the "new band" forum here - one of the last few threads, i think something about MC interview. it seemed relatively recent, maybe from some time in the middle of their fall tour? i didn't dig too far, just thought that was interesting statement. i paraphrased too, he probably stated it in a bit more benign way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You know who I'm more sad about? NF's fans. They seem so determined to prove the band is so much happier now without Lindsey, and of course Neil is doing a better job than Lindsey used to on his own songs.

No no no NF are delighted about this trust me... No one genuinely ever wished he got this crappy fill in job playing covers in the first place... Finn fans just don't think it was fair he was held to blame and was hung and stoned in public over this whole mess
Old 01-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there is a link somewhere in the "new band" forum here - one of the last few threads, i think something about MC interview. it seemed relatively recent, maybe from some time in the middle of their fall tour? i didn't dig too far, just thought that was interesting statement. i paraphrased too, he probably stated it in a bit more benign way.
I so hope you are right and MC said this for certain as this is the first time I think I've smiled when thinking about the band in a very loooong time
Problem is MF alluded in his interview last week on NZ radio.... That they WOULD be recording a sa new band, so who knows
It is clear that the current Finn family tour in the UK has been incredibly special and rewarding to Neil, I expect he'll want to get back to performing with his real family sooner rather than later...
Old 01-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I so hope you are right and MC said this for certain as this is the first time I think I've smiled when thinking about the band in a very loooong time
Problem is MF alluded in his interview last week on NZ radio.... That they WOULD be recording a sa new band, so who knows
It is clear that the current Finn family tour in the UK has been incredibly special and rewarding to Neil, I expect he'll want to get back to performing with his real family sooner rather than later...
i think that's the interview! if you read very carefully, MC says he would love for current FM to record together. or that he's hoping they might.... something like that. but nowhere does he say that they actually will or have any concrete plans. it's very similar to MF, LB and CM all talking about them wanting to and then recording together tons of times between 2009 and 2017. remember LB used to say it on stage every time at 2009 tour? that next they will go into studio and record. the tour ended and SN said by-bye! the fact that all these people want it is meaningless unless SN wants it. so Mike saying he'd love to..... and then following it up with something like "if we still talk to each other when the tour ends" i found very telling. maybe i'm just an optimist - or burned too many times between 2009 and 2016 that now i know better.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ correction - you are talking about MF interview, i'm talking about MC. maybe i'm mixing 2 together. but what i said above still stands for either interview.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ correction - you are talking about MF interview, i'm talking about MC. maybe i'm mixing 2 together. but what i said above still stands for either interview.
Yip.... so the MC interview is the recent Guitar world one from about 2 weeks ago where he said he'd like to record 'if we're still friends then'.... So I agree, it does sound from that comment that all 'is not well' in the FM camp

MIck Fleetwood interview was on NZ radio and he said that he 'hoped' they would record and that they could make it happen...
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
No no no NF are delighted about this trust me... No one genuinely ever wished he got this crappy fill in job playing covers in the first place... Finn fans just don't think it was fair he was held to blame and was hung and stoned in public over this whole mess
16 dates isn't exactly how you react when you're unhappy about something.

Many Finn fans have suddenly became FM fans and sided with Nicks. Just because DIDO sounds nice with her singing it. Please!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Present Band forum…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Neil Finn just gave an interview on BBC Radio and he said that band members are emailing him short musical ideas and he's organizing them and starting to write songs out of some of these ideas.
Déjà vu.

THE Stephen Hopkins