User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Can’t tell you how disappointed I am to not see Countdown on the set list. The one song I’ve waited 25 years to see him play but never have. In the words of Deandre Cole: C’mon, Lindsey...!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! So disappointed, but I'll survive I wonder why he doesn't perform Countdown? It might not be a favorite of his, maybe it's hard to perform, maybe he thinks it's not a fan favorite because it didn't chart? Who knows. Since it's on his anthology, I was really hoping it would make it on his set list.

At least we're getting Holiday Road!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! So disappointed, but I'll survive I wonder why he doesn't perform Countdown? It might not be a favorite of his, maybe it's hard to perform, maybe he thinks it's not a fan favorite because it didn't chart? Who knows. Since it's on his anthology, I was really hoping it would make it on his set list.

At least we're getting Holiday Road!
But I’ve seen him do Holiday Road a few times. Countdown is the only song in my, say, Top 20 Lindsey/FM songs that I’ve never seen performed live. I was sure he’d do it this year! ☹️
Old 10-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

and just in case somebody is still wondering:

So he confirms it. Wow. This is pretty big news I think. What the hell Stevie? What happened to make her do this? I've seen videos of the FM show and yes, some of it is pretty good, but it still isn't right. A lot of it is wrong. and what she did was wrong.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't forget.....sold out show too.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
So he confirms it. Wow. This is pretty big news I think. What the hell Stevie? What happened to make her do this? I've seen videos of the FM show and yes, some of it is pretty good, but it still isn't right. A lot of it is wrong. and what she did was wrong.
He definitely needs to do a Howard Stern interview. I’d love to hear his honest take on what happened. I can’t imagine at this age that he cares if he ever goes back to do another Chain/Dreams/Everywhere/Rhiannon/Big Love/Landslide/fake hug/Tusk/etc tour with Fleetwood Mac. So just be honest and share your side man.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LB's been nothing but classy since the split, no reason to think he'd treat it as a bash session.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can’t tell you how disappointed I am to not see Countdown on the set list. The one song I’ve waited 25 years to see him play but never have. In the words of Deandre Cole: C’mon, Lindsey...!!!
the set list looks amazing, but I too am disappointed to hear no Countdown.... but I've always wondered if 'waiting on the countdown, things about to turn around' was him thinking the OOTC album was going to do really well and take his solo career to a new level.....

and when it didn't, maybe it was just too disappointing. and who wants to revisit that........???
Old 10-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh miss elle I want to know so much more!!!!

does he know he should be paying you a fee as his publicist all these months?? A free ticket seems the least he could do!!!
Old 10-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the set list looks amazing, but I too am disappointed to hear no Countdown.... but I've always wondered if 'waiting on the countdown, things about to turn around' was him thinking the OOTC album was going to do really well and take his solo career to a new level.....

and when it didn't, maybe it was just too disappointing. and who wants to revisit that........???
That's an intriguing thought.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was also looking forward to Countdown instead of Surrender the Rain and Streets of Dreams.

It was a great night. Really enthusiastic crowd. Not very much at first but we were glued to the stage from the very first song and I guess the crowd became more confident to stand up and dance and sing.

Great energy on stage. From Lindsey and the whole band. He was really happy to play his music. And so sweet at M&G. Sadly, there was no item signing but we all got our hug at the end.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 10-08-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I was also looking forward to Countdown and Don’t look down, instead of Surrender the Rain and Streets of Dreams.

It was a great night. Really enthusiastic crowd. Not very much at first but we were glued to the stage from the very first song and I guess the crowd became more confident to stand up and dance and sing.

Great energy on stage. From Lindsey and the whole band. He was really happy to play his music. And so sweet at M&G. Sadly, there was no item signing but we all got our hug at the end.
My show is Saturday and have gotten no details on the M&G. Did ticket master send you info? What time do you show up for the M&G? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbay View Post
My show is Saturday and have gotten no details on the M&G. Did ticket master send you info? What time do you show up for the M&G? Thanks.
Yes! But don’t worry about getting there too early. You’ll be ok even if you get there at the time the show starts. It’s not like they’re not gonna let you in!

See you on Saturday!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yes! But don’t worry about getting there too early. You’ll be ok even if you get there at the time the show starts. It’s not like they’re not gonna let you in!

See you on Saturday!
Great, thanks
Old 10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t complain about that set list!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those 1984 songs — Slow Dancing, Go Insane, and I Must Go — feature a lot of Fairlight wizardry and technology in the studio. Did his band replicate the studio sound or re-create them in a contemporary context?

I'm thrilled to see Slow Dancing in his concert set. First time ever, no? It's one of the best dance tracks from all the Macsters. It's Lindsey's Stand Back, only with lyrics that make sense.

For those of you guys who see him at the gigs or after, convince him to do a live album (or a radio simulcast) of a tour stop. Remember those old Westwood One Superstars Rock Concert broadcasts? I know, that's so 1985. But Lindsey could broadcast a show's audio via his YouTube channel or his website. It costs nothing to do this. His children could help him with the JavaScript!

moviekinks.blogspot.com