User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it *was* interesting to see the pic (was it on his Instagram? elle will know!) of him standing in his home studio with Brett and some other person at the computer and it had the caption of something like preparing for the tour or whatever... I think you're right, analog is something he can do with his eyes closed and he uses it a lot, but he keeps up with the latest tech and makes use of it to his best advantage.
yeah it was posted on IG/twitter/FB - it was Brett Tuggle, Michael Kianka and LB. you will see Michael on stage as a member of the band when you go to a show. he plays samples and keyboard, maybe some backing vocals.

which makes sense with all the info in this post too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Lindsey has been a programmer since the Go Insane days, be it the Fairlight synthesizer, the Emulator synthesizer, both of which were keyboards, to Linn and Roland drum machines, to modern day Trinity, Triton, Motif synths, etc. I think in his mind he considers all of these to be instruments and not computers. Tango was a 1980's programming masterwork and you can be quite sure that those programmed sounds were coming from Lindsey and not Christine. There are plenty of programmed sounds all the way up to BuckVie too. However, a lot of these sounds and pads are brought to front through keyboards so I am sure he considers the craft of programming and building soundscapes to be art and the keyboards to be part of his playing even though they are really more triggers.

There was an instagram post from the sitting room in his home studio where he had 2 mid 2000's Triton Keyboard Synth / Sampler Workstations piled up on their sides in the background.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey now has over 7,000 followers on Twitter! He was hovering in the 6800 - 6950 range for a few weeks and now he is up to around 7013! It's just kind of cool because I feel Lindsey would be really encouraged if he knew how many fans he really had out there, especially at this time when his music is getting better and better.

I think he is just gonna keep gaining more and more
Old 01-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default today's tweets

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy

someone wrote an article based on #Lindseytweets from last night.

https://www.kshe95.com/real-rock-new...-bands-legacy/

Home » Real Rock News » Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy

Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy
January 7, 2019
Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham took to Twitter last night (January 6th), chatted with fans and relived a favorite holiday memory. Buckingham, who recently released his triple-disc Solo Anthology – The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham collection and wrapped a full-band solo tour, spoke about his feelings regarding Fleetwood Mac, who after 43 years fired him, seemingly — according to Buckingham — on a whim.

When asked if he missed Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham responded, “I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

When pressed as to whether the live acoustic treatment of Fleetwood Mac’s 1987’s Top 10 hit “Big Love” was how Buckingham composed it back in the day, he revealed, “‘Big Love’ was actually written as an ensemble piece, the way you hear it on Tango In The Night. It was later that I realized that a part of my continuing growth as an artist needed to include my reconnecting with my orchestral finger guitar style and to present songs that relied almost solely on that. ‘Big Love’ seemed to be a likely candidate for presenting live in that context, and indeed it turned out to be. It was the first of many!”

Buckingham went on to add a personal reflection, posting, “Though the holidays are over, I often think back on a wonderful memory of Christmas when I was seven. I’d been playing guitar for over a year by then, learning chords from a book and listening to my brother’s rock and roll records, but only had a four-string guitar to play. That season, a package showed up in my Mom’s closet, and I knew what it was. On Christmas I received a beautiful three-quarter size Harmony six-string acoustic guitar. I never looked back!”

Lindsey Buckingham told us recording as a solo act is entirely different than recording as part of Fleetwood Mac: “The way I work when I’m on my own, I mean, it’s very much like a painting, as opposed to working with a group. Fleetwood Mac was a lot like making a movie in the studio, because it’s more verbalizing, and there’s more links in the chain to get from point A, to point B, to point C. Whereas, if I’m working on my own, in a fairly quiet situation, it’s like a painter with a canvas where you may have a certain intent when you start out — and you have a color here and you’re filling it out and at some point the canvas will start to speak to you and take on a life of it’s own and direct you in another direction. And that was a lot of what I was interested in doing.”

Side Notes:

Lindsey Buckingham, who was ousted from Fleetwood Mac last year and recently settled a lawsuit with the group, spoke about the strange situation in which he’s been burned personally, publicly, and financially by people he still claims to love.

During a chat with Stereogum, Buckingham was pressed as to whether he’d ever rejoin Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham said, “Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system. If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure, because to me I think the lack of a proper farewell tour, if that’s what we’re doing, that doesn’t undercut, like I say, the legacy that we have so carefully built as the five of us, which they’re not doing right now. I don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a cover band kind of deal, and Stevie (Nicks) may be enjoying that, and that’s fine. If she is happy doing that, there is no one outcome that I think is going to be okay.”

Old 01-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone wrote an article based on #Lindseytweets from last night.

https://www.kshe95.com/real-rock-new...-bands-legacy/

Home » Real Rock News » Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy

Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac split ‘completely dishonors’ the band’s legacy
January 7, 2019
Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham took to Twitter last night (January 6th), chatted with fans and relived a favorite holiday memory. Buckingham, who recently released his triple-disc Solo Anthology – The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham collection and wrapped a full-band solo tour, spoke about his feelings regarding Fleetwood Mac, who after 43 years fired him, seemingly — according to Buckingham — on a whim.

When asked if he missed Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham responded, “I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

When pressed as to whether the live acoustic treatment of Fleetwood Mac’s 1987’s Top 10 hit “Big Love” was how Buckingham composed it back in the day, he revealed, “‘Big Love’ was actually written as an ensemble piece, the way you hear it on Tango In The Night. It was later that I realized that a part of my continuing growth as an artist needed to include my reconnecting with my orchestral finger guitar style and to present songs that relied almost solely on that. ‘Big Love’ seemed to be a likely candidate for presenting live in that context, and indeed it turned out to be. It was the first of many!”

Buckingham went on to add a personal reflection, posting, “Though the holidays are over, I often think back on a wonderful memory of Christmas when I was seven. I’d been playing guitar for over a year by then, learning chords from a book and listening to my brother’s rock and roll records, but only had a four-string guitar to play. That season, a package showed up in my Mom’s closet, and I knew what it was. On Christmas I received a beautiful three-quarter size Harmony six-string acoustic guitar. I never looked back!”

Lindsey Buckingham told us recording as a solo act is entirely different than recording as part of Fleetwood Mac: “The way I work when I’m on my own, I mean, it’s very much like a painting, as opposed to working with a group. Fleetwood Mac was a lot like making a movie in the studio, because it’s more verbalizing, and there’s more links in the chain to get from point A, to point B, to point C. Whereas, if I’m working on my own, in a fairly quiet situation, it’s like a painter with a canvas where you may have a certain intent when you start out — and you have a color here and you’re filling it out and at some point the canvas will start to speak to you and take on a life of it’s own and direct you in another direction. And that was a lot of what I was interested in doing.”

Side Notes:

Lindsey Buckingham, who was ousted from Fleetwood Mac last year and recently settled a lawsuit with the group, spoke about the strange situation in which he’s been burned personally, publicly, and financially by people he still claims to love.

During a chat with Stereogum, Buckingham was pressed as to whether he’d ever rejoin Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham said, “Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system. If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure, because to me I think the lack of a proper farewell tour, if that’s what we’re doing, that doesn’t undercut, like I say, the legacy that we have so carefully built as the five of us, which they’re not doing right now. I don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a cover band kind of deal, and Stevie (Nicks) may be enjoying that, and that’s fine. If she is happy doing that, there is no one outcome that I think is going to be okay.”
Thanks for posting.

His last few sentences above say it all.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-22-2019, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 02-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not LB's but KB's social media - i guess fits in here: