Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up load in for the tour!!

just now on Lindsey's insta story -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

lots of tweets and IG posts and FB in the meantime.

and we got a selfie today, apparently on his kids' advice

View this post on Instagram

My kids tell me I need to post more selfies...

A post shared by Lindsey Buckingham (@lindseybuckingham) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default There was nowhere to go but down(hill from here)

Oh boy..

Don't do it man. Stay true to your "self(ie)less sensibilities"!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

today's #Lindseytweets -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...6946320753186/

Old 10-31-2018, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Was Mirage Really Devoid OF Experimentation?

I've always found curious and overblown Lindsey's contention that Fleetwood Mac prohibited experimentation after Tusk.

With those backing vocals, doesn't "Eyes Of The World" sound plenty experimental? Same goes for "Gypsy" (albeit to a somewhat lesser extent).

"Straight Back" and "Book Of Love" sound experimental too.

I don't think Mirage sounds like Rumours at all.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I've always found curious and overblown Lindsey's contention that Fleetwood Mac prohibited experimentation after Tusk.

With those backing vocals, doesn't "Eyes Of The World" sound plenty experimental? Same goes for "Gypsy" (albeit to a somewhat lesser extent).

"Straight Back" and "Book Of Love" sound experimental too.

I don't think Mirage sounds like Rumours at all.
While I personally wouldn't describe Gypsy or really any of those tracks as sounding particularly experimental to my ears, I completely agree that Mirage has very different sonics to Rumours.

I also agree that he harps on about the Rumours > Tusk > Mirage thing quite a bit.

But even if you assume that individual tracks like "Gypsy", "That's Alright", "Hold Me" and "EOTW" are tracks that basically fit the bill as Rumours-esque, I don't think the album as a whole works as well as the preceding three studio releases did. Each of the Rumours songs is so "on point" and tells a clear narrative; with Mirage, I don't get any narrative clarity or cohesion other than "We are a band of solo artists can afford to rent a castle in France for a few months and record some random left-over tracks."

The 1975 album is also a bit of a hodgepodge, being their first effort recording together. Perhaps the better analogy would be to compare Mirage with the 1975 album.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. He does harp on that quite bit, and I must say I don't really get it. Plus I agree that Mirage is not cohesive.

The other songs aside, I think at least "Eyes Of The World" could fit on Law And Order and is full of off-the-wall oddities.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
With those backing vocals, doesn't "Eyes Of The World" sound plenty experimental? .
Well, I suppose Pachelbel might have found them a bit experimental in the late 17th century...
Old 11-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey posted that cute pic from his daughter's IG as TBT today -

Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default today's tweets

Old 11-20-2018, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh dear..... I'm going to have to throw the red flag on his computers comment......
Old 11-20-2018, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting all of these. Lindsey is very deep. His words and style of speaking is almost like a college professor. His comments about guitarists are pretty cool. He always believes the sum of all parts is greater than the whole. A guitarist is not there to grand stand but provide intricate parts of the song.
I remember how shocked I was in the early 1990s when I heard a Lindsey interview and he took a slight slam to Eddie Van Halen. I was in shock because Eddie is considered one of the few guitar Gods. But I think Lindsey meant all the song should not only be guitar melodies. It should only be one layer in the song. This coming from the guitarist who considers himself a painter This is why IMHO Lindsey is under-valued in the guitar world. He is not a show boater and the guitar is only one part of the song.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh dear..... I'm going to have to throw the red flag on his computers comment......
I don't know...
If the Destiny Rules documentary is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure that when he is producing his stuff, he's not using computers per se. He was literally still cutting and splicing physical tape. It was surprising to see, but it was obviously the way he felt most comfortable going about the process. And I think there is a nice "craftsmanship" aspect to it. So he might not be equating the old-school physical mixing board dials with virtual settings on a computer software program. (I guess the Fairlight could probably be described as a computer--if he still used it.)
Old 11-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I don't know...
If the Destiny Rules documentary is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure that when he is producing his stuff, he's not using computers per se. He was literally still cutting and splicing physical tape. It was surprising to see, but it was obviously the way he felt most comfortable going about the process. And I think there is a nice "craftsmanship" aspect to it. So he might not be equating the old-school physical mixing board dials with virtual settings on a computer software program. (I guess the Fairlight could probably be described as a computer--if he still used it.)
yeah it's hard to know... I'm not sure he does that for everything though...he's quite familiar with ProTools...
and he certainly uses a lot of computers for his stage shows, playing digital tracks of his songs (backing vocals, additional guitar parts etc) and those files have to get made somehow... But maybe he relies on help from others? it *was* interesting to see the pic (was it on his Instagram? elle will know!) of him standing in his home studio with Brett and some other person at the computer and it had the caption of something like preparing for the tour or whatever... I think you're right, analog is something he can do with his eyes closed and he uses it a lot, but he keeps up with the latest tech and makes use of it to his best advantage.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey has been a programmer since the Go Insane days, be it the Fairlight synthesizer, the Emulator synthesizer, both of which were keyboards, to Linn and Roland drum machines, to modern day Trinity, Triton, Motif synths, etc. I think in his mind he considers all of these to be instruments and not computers. Tango was a 1980's programming masterwork and you can be quite sure that those programmed sounds were coming from Lindsey and not Christine. There are plenty of programmed sounds all the way up to BuckVie too. However, a lot of these sounds and pads are brought to front through keyboards so I am sure he considers the craft of programming and building soundscapes to be art and the keyboards to be part of his playing even though they are really more triggers.

There was an instagram post from the sitting room in his home studio where he had 2 mid 2000's Triton Keyboard Synth / Sampler Workstations piled up on their sides in the background.

Last edited by John Run; 11-21-2018 at 05:13 PM..