Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Trent Reznor ‏@trent_reznor
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FU*K YOU guys.
I agree. After all the time devoted to lesser acts, this was a total lack of respect. CBS, and whoever produced this, suck big time.

On the plus side, I very much enjoyed Kacey Musgraves' performance. To me, she is a true revelation from the past year or so. If she keeps writing amazing lyrics like that, she has a chance to go very far.

On and Willie sounded great too!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to hear Lindsey apparantly started the act. (?) Sucks that the end was cut.
He's the main reason I DVR-ed the Grammys this year.

I will wait to watch it on my telly after work today, rather than on my phone. Good to hear it got rave reviews.

Jamie
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Our Guitar Hero...Lindsey Buckingham !!!

We are mad... mad.... (four letter words) We all
got in trouble for staying with the program to see Lindsey !

Got laughed at...where is your guitar hero ???? Very sad!!!
Lindsey deserves better...too many acts in our opinion!

How can they DO THAT? LOVE Your work Lindsey!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The youtube videos have been taken down, but if you missed it you can still watch on Perez Hilton's site: http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-27-da....4nyLnUWY.dpbs

So proud of Lindsey! Such a great performance and great to see him up there with Trent!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry Amen!!

Best and Worst Grammy Moments

Grammys 2014: Best and Worst Moments

Worst: Cutting Off the Coolest Guys in the Room

Hey, no one was more ready for the night to be over than literally everyone that suffered through the three-and-a-half-hour-plus broadcast, but at the cost of cutting off Dave Grohl, Lindsay Buckingham (who is now literally living in a "What Up With That" nightmare turned reality), Trent Reznor and Queens of the Stone Age for a commercial? Hell no. That's blasphemous, and the most depressing commentary on the music industry and the Grammys as a whole.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad everyone got the memo to match each other with leather jackets and jeans. Lindsey didn't have to try very hard!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched the entire program for the first time ever and stayed up just to see Lindsey. REALLY hate they couldn't cut out something else so we could have heard the entire performance or just let it continue since it ran over anyway , but I did love Lindsey's contribution to Copy of A. He made me like it.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I instantly recognized Lindsey's guitar playing. Wish they hadn't run out of time.
I know. We were time-delayed West Coast. My friend on the East Coast told me, "it's so dark on the stage, I didn't even know it was him. You won't like it." So, my expectations were low, but the minute I heard the opening notes, you could tell it was Lindsey with your eyes closed.

I thought that doing the closing number, the anchor song, was a good position to be in, a place of honor. I didn't count on the Delta commercial .

But it was fun.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Glancing at the clock, I have a feeling the Grammys are going to pull a "What Up With That?" and apologize to Lindsey for running out of time.
I was thinking that too. It was recording and I saw 3:45 minutes on the timer, but it was already at 3:38 and they had not been introduced yet. I started thinking there wouldn't be any time.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ROCKED OUT BY THE END, RIGHT OUT THE DOOR

The Associated Press January 27, 2014

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/01/...#storylink=cpy

By the time Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age and Lindsey Buckingham hit the stage to close out the Grammys show, many celebs in attendance had already headed for the limo lineup outside, including Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

But there were a couple of holdouts: Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney. The Beatles stuck around until — as they once sang — The End.

— Derrik Lang — Twitter, www.twitter.com/derrikjlang

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/01/...#storylink=cpy
Old 01-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from the Los Angeles Times review]

MORE: Best & worst moments by Mikael Wood

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2rd0pEb2M

Even the night's ballyhooed collaborations — what the Recording Academy calls "Grammy moments" — fared better than usual. An unwieldy seeming supergroup comprising Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham and members of Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age made an effective case for the digital-era usefulness of guitar-based rock in a synthed-up medley of NIN's "Copy of A" and QOTSA's "My God Is the Sun."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#ixzz2rd1GpZdX
Old 01-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Loudwire by Spencer Kaufman, January 27, 2014

http://loudwire.com/open-letter-to-g...-rock-respect/

NIN-tentional Disrespect?

For rock fans sitting through three and a half hours of mostly pop performances, the highlight of the 2014 ceremony was set to be a collaboration between Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham. The collaboration came at the very end of the show, with Trent Reznor starting things off by leading the all-star cast of musicians through the NIN song ‘Copy of A.’

However, only seconds after the rock heroes switched into QOTSA’s ‘My God Is the Sun,’ Grammy producers decided to thank their sponsors and roll the credits while the rock luminaries performed in the distant background. Moreover, the telecast ended halfway into the performance. Considering that the show was already running 15 minutes late, what was the harm in staying on the air a couple more minutes? Would the Grammys have done that to Beyonce or Taylor Swift had one of them closed out the show? We think not. And apparently Trent Reznor agrees with us, sending out a profanity-laced Tweet shortly after the performance.

Summary

While we’ll keep our language a little less profane than that of Mr. Reznor, we’ll reference the NIN mastermind when we say: Hey Grammy producers, get your heads out of your holes and start giving metal and hard rock the respect they deserve!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Loudwire

Read More: Open Letter to the Grammys: Give Metal + Hard Rock Respect | http://loudwire.com/open-letter-to-g...ckback=tsmclip
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vulture by Jody Rosen, January 27, 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2014/01/jody-...ys-review.html

Curtain-dropping duties were left to four rockers, Trent Reznor, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and Lindsey Buckingham, who were bruising and effective, but not exactly uplifting — and of course their number got cut off midway through.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Considering that the show was already running 15 minutes late, what was the harm in staying on the air a couple more minutes? Would the Grammys have done that to Beyonce or Taylor Swift had one of them closed out the show? We think not.
I KNOW not.

Found this at EW.com as well, which was EW rating the Grammy performances. Our boys got an A minus:

Nine Inch Nails, Lindsey Buckingham, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl

Kids, you can skip all those summer festivals, because the night's closer mashed up everything you could want: a legend-status team of slayers thrashing out to ''Copy of a'' (NIN) and ''My God Is the Sun'' (QOTSA). No wristband required! Unfortunately, the Grammy telecast cut them off early, so viewers at home will never know whether the rock supergroup launched into a badass version of Fleetwood Mac's ''The Chain.'' A- —Ray Rahman
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I get it now. He was pissed off because the performance got cut early. That's fine. But his little Twitter rant was irrelevant. The show probably wasn't paced well, but their placement at the end of the show was intentional. Ultimately it comes down to money. The acts that sell well will be placed earlier in the show. The ones that don't sell as well will be placed towards the end when there are fewer people watching, fewer people who regularly buy music. Unfortunately the aging stars, the ones who typically sell less today, the ones that have come to be respected will get the short end of the stick. It's a shame, but makes perfect sense economically.