Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Lindsey & NIN/QOTSA/Grohl To Perform Grammy Awards Finale

http://m.spin.com/articles/grammys-n...ey-buckingham/

Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and special guest Lindsey Buckingham will give the closing performance at the 56th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night, SPIN can exclusively reveal.

"We're incredibly excited about this number," Grammy executive producer Ken Ehrlich said in a statement. "There's nothing better than when the Grammys can rock out, and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those Grammy moments that people talk about for a long time. Long live Trent, Josh, Dave and Lindsey and these great bands!" It will be the first-ever Grammy telecast performance for Nine Inch Nails and QOTSA.

Thirteen-time Grammy winner Grohl, as usual, is the connective tissue, having performed extensively with both bands, most prominently on QOTSA's 2002 LP Songs for the Deaf and Nine Inch Nails' 2005 album With Teeth. Fleetwood Mac guitarist/singer Buckingham, of course, is the wild card, and his role — singing a kickass version of "Tusk" or "The Chain," maybe his solo hit "Go Insane"? — remains to be seen. Buckingham appears in Sound City: Real to Reel, the Grohl-directed documentary about the legendary, now-shuttered L.A. studio where many classic albums were recorded; his Fleetwood-Mac-mate, Stevie Nicks, appears in the film and also joined Grohl on the Sound City Players album and tour last year.

While the Foo Fighters did not release any new music during this year's window of eligibility, Grohl has two nominations, both connected to Sound City: Best Rock Song for "Cut Me Some Slack" (with Paul McCartney and the other surviving members of Nirvana, a group often dubbed "Sirvana"), and Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media; separately, he appears as a songwriter (again, with Nirvana) on a Best Rap Song nominee, Jay-Z's "Holy Grail." Queens are up for two awards: Best Rock Album (for …Like Clockwork), Best Rock Performance with the album's "My God Is the Sun," and, indirectly, Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical. Two-time Grammy winners Nine Inch Nails' Hesitation Marks is nominated for Best Alternative Music Album. Buckingham is not nominated but is featured on the Delta Rae song "If I Loved You," which garnered Rob Cavallo a shot at Producer of the Year, Non-Classical.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. Not sure I was aware of "If I Loved You." Thanks for posting.

Also odd article doesn't mention Liddy's involvement in the NIN album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51613
Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Also odd article doesn't mention Liddy's involvement in the NIN album.
yes. one would think that's the connection much more than sound city. Reznor was fawning over Lindsey's contributions to HM extensively in almost every interview about the album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

after Spin, there are tons of articles now out with these news, in several different languages. here is one that's a bit more informed about what some of these people did together:

http://www.takeashot.lv/2014/01/21/n...grammy-awards/

The 56th GRAMMY Awards will close out in face-melting fashion with a joint performance from Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighter Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac.
Spin broke the news on Tuesday morning, with confirmation via GRAMMY executive producer Ken Ehrlich.

“There’s nothing better than when the GRAMMYs can rock out,” Ehrlich notes in a statement, “and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those GRAMMY moments that people talk about for a long time.”

He added, “Long live Trent, Josh, Dave and Lindsey and these great bands!”

This will be GRAMMY telecast debuts for NIN and QOTSA. All parties involved have worked together in some capacity over the years: Grohl has played drums on albums by Queens and NIN, whose leaders (Josh Homme and Trent Reznor, respectively) also contributed to the soundtrack for Grohl’s “Sound City” documentary. Buckingham played guitar on NIN’s latest album, “Hesitation Marks,” and he also appeared in “Sound City.”

Beyonce, Jay Z, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Daft Punk, Paul McCartney, Katy Perry, Metallica, Kacey Musgraves and Kendrick Lamar are among the many other performers taking the stage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday night (Jan. 26) for the CBS telecast.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's so exciting! I'm happy for him to be involved . I don't care for QOTSA, but it doesn't matter, I'll watch now anyways. I wish I could just GO to the Grammys. How does that even work? They don't exactly sell tickets right? Is the entire place filled like a concert or just the bottom like floor seats?
Dang, sorry about all the questions .
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
That's so exciting! I'm happy for him to be involved . I don't care for QOTSA, but it doesn't matter, I'll watch now anyways. I wish I could just GO to the Grammys. How does that even work? They don't exactly sell tickets right? Is the entire place filled like a concert or just the bottom like floor seats?
Dang, sorry about all the questions .
it would be great if you could try (and represent us!!), but i have no idea!

love love love seeing the whole twitter exploding with this!!

some nice articles and even nicer comments on how for once grammys got it right and that this group of musicians they put together has artistic merit and relevance instead of being just another dinosaur tribute thing.

http://www.stereogum.com/1636351/nin...-grammys/news/
As SPIN reports, one very tough, smartly selected lineup of aging rock dudes will assemble this Sunday night to end the Grammy Awards broadcast. Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Fleetwood Mac O.G. Lindsey Buckingham have intersected in various configurations over the years — Grohl playing drums on QOTSA’s Songs For The Deaf and NIN’s With Teeth, NIN and QOTSA touring together, Buckingham playing on NIN’s Hesitation Marks and appearing in Grohl’s Sound City documentary, Josh Homme and Trent Reznor contributing to the Sound City soundtrack. And now they’ll all be on the same stage at the same time. More intriguingly, it’ll be a rare TV performance for Nine Inch Nails and maybe a chance to figure out which guitar parts Buckingham played on their album. Talking about it, Grammys exec producer Ken Ehrlich says, “There’s nothing better than when the Grammys can rock out, and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those Grammy moments that people talk about for a long time.” At the very least, it should a better show-ending cluster**** than whatever LL Cool J was doing last year. The Grammys air Sunday night at 8PM eastern on CBS.

‏@trent_reznor
Yes, @nineinchnails is performing on @TheGRAMMYs with @qotsa Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham! http://p4k.in/1ePPvVv

Old 01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(I need a crying smilie!) My husband will likely be watching the Stupid Bowl and I will miss this!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
(I need a crying smilie!) My husband will likely be watching the Stupid Bowl and I will miss this!!!!!!!
Not sure if you mean the American Super Bowl. If so, that game is February 2.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest, this is my personal wet dream band. I could have picked these guys together if someone had asked me to configure my personal favorite rockband. I'm psyched....

Old 01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Oh you know it will be up on Youtube, so never fear. You will probably be able to see it within a couple of hours of air time.

Usually for these performances, each artist gets his own little spotlight solo, even if it's just for a few seconds. I can't wait to hear Lindsey shine during his.

Michele
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh you know it will be up on Youtube, so never fear. You will probably be able to see it within a couple of hours of air time.

Usually for these performances, each artist gets his own little spotlight solo, even if it's just for a few seconds. I can't wait to hear Lindsey shine during his.

Michele
yup! the reception of these news on social media has been extraordinary! really made me happy.

and yeah re being on youtube soon after it happens. plus grammys (airing on jan 26, 8pm on cbs) are a week before the superbawl (feb 2) anyway.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
To be honest, this is my personal wet dream band. I could have picked these guys together if someone had asked me to configure my personal favorite rockband. I'm psyched....
thought you would be!

very very excited and happy about this and very pleased with all those huge and positive reactions so far.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the news.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure it will be fantastic. I was going to blow off the Grammys; now I'll be recording it.