Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIVE new songs! I am so blown away.
Six, really. So proud of him.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. September cant get here fast enough.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sowing Seeds at the Saban

Lindsey looked like he gained 5-10 pounds since the tour ended. You could see it around his waist and stomach (visible when he raised the guitar over his head, in a now patented move).

Kristen was in the audience with her 3 kids and their friends, about 8 kids in her row, altogether. Will was taller than his friends. I don't know if he's tall for his age or just older than the other boys. Will and Lee Lee seemed to enjoy the show, although Lee Lee kept her hand over her ears for most of it. I guess she didn't bring any ear plugs with her.

Stella seemed bored and sullen. During GYOW Kristen held her the whole time, while standing up, dancing and bouncing to the beat with the child in her arms. Since Stella is 7 years old and not a toddler, this was no small feat.

After a few songs Lindsey said that he had a new solo album, but that he started as a boy with just a vocal and guitar, listening to his older brother's records. Even after everything that has passed since his boyhood, he says his center "is and has been" that guitar. So, he wanted to start with songs that showcased him, a vocal and a guitar.

For Big Love he mentioned how it started as a bad song and became a solo song, a conduit for so many things that followed. He said it used to be a "contemplation on alienation," but now it's a "meditation on the importance and power of change."

After Big Love the band joined him for Under the Skin. Neale is sporting a mustache I don't remember from before. Someone yelled Happy Birthday to Neale and he made a "shhh" gesture, as if he didn't want to acknowledge age.

He said that his new album, Seeds We Sow is a microcosm of two worlds. One world is family and relationships and the other is the world in general. But even if the songs are about 2 different things, they all have one thread: all of our choices have consequences and ripple effects and they come together to collective good or ill ends.

He didn't plan on making a solo album at this time. He thought something else would be happening [an FM album and tour, I assume]. But no matter how the music came about, he thinks this is some of the best work of his career. He then sings two of the new songs.

Later he talks about FM being the big machine, with collateral parts. "All entities step up to the plate when commerce is robust." His solo career is a small machine. It's like movies. Fleetwood Mac is a big film, with mainstream appeal and his solo career is a small independent movie. I was disappointed he didn't carry the analogy farther. I expected him to say that Fleetwood Mac was Twilight and his solo career was Lars and the Real Girl.

The audience recognized all of the Fleetwood Mac songs and responded warmly to them, but only a smattering of people stood up. That was until we got to Tusk. After that one, everyone stood up and they were wild for the end of ISA and for all of GYOW too. The whole place was on its feet.

When Lindsey introduced Neale he said he was a fine guitarist with a fine mind. He said when Walfred joined the band, their energy level shot up through the roof. He said Brett was a great spirit, a writer, guitarist, and bass player, night after night and said that he loved Brett to death.

Then, Brett said he wanted to say something about Lindsey [I think he doesn't get paid unless he does this]. He said LB's an America treasure and he's so glad to have him back.

Lindsey asked us if we wanted to hear one more song? The answer's always yes! So, he reminds us that he spoke of the choices we make earlier tonight. He thinks we as people are the sum total of those choices. And it takes the perspective of time to know whether the choices you make are the right ones. You don't know if they are when you're making them, but as he looks out into the audience and sees his beautiful wife and three beautiful children and the people in the crowd, "I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, so I believe my choices turned out all right."

Then he starts off with Seeds We Sow, which has some incredibly corny lyrics about Soldiers of Fortune being afraid to show . . . penny arcade of Edgar Allan Poe Rather dismal stuff. But as we get to the end of the song, we go from the general (and generic) to the specific and personal and it's very moving. A soft and slow touch. Everything was wrong, but everything was right . . . "ooooh the seeds we sow. Oooh, the seeds we sow." There's joy, ache and triumph in the last lines.

Bliss.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because they were taping, I thought they might be stricter with cameras than usual, so I didn't take mine. I just had my cell phone. I tried to take a picture of Will but he was too far away. He is the one standing in the red shirt. His mother and sister were next to him.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantastic michele. Wish I couldve been there.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Fantastic michele. Wish I couldve been there.
And there you are on your way to Seattle. Oh well, you'll be there in September!

Michele
Old 04-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much Michele - I almost feel like I was there
Old 04-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIVE new songs! I am so blown away.

Michele...how did the new songs sound? Were they rockers? I am so glad he is doing Turn it On again!!!
6 new songs. All rockers, except seeds we sow
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just watched a couple of videos on youtube.... arrgghh... I gotta wait 5 months for the album?
Michele's review - spot on!

I wish I went - I was just about to click purchase for the the tickets and airline, hotel, etc - then the accountant happened to call right at that exact moment and told me how much the irs was extracting from me....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Great Show!

I can't add much to some of great reports already posted. A few minor things:
They played acoustic instrumentals before the concert of Peacekeeper and Red Rover. I wish they would release these!
LB had a new acoustic introductory piece for NGBA. I thought it was a new song when he played it before going into NGBA. A nice addition.
All of the new songs sounded great. Stars (or Stars Gone Crazy may be the full title) stood out, along with End of Time. It may the aftermath of a terrific concert, but this new album may well indeed rival Out of the Cradle, and I don't say that lightly because I feel OOTC is a masterpiece.
My daughter caught a towel Lindsey threw into the crowd - she was thrilled!
A lot of record executives (or complimentary tickets) did not show, so they let people fill in rows three and four. My daughter and I moved over to the middle of the third row, someone sat next to us that came down from the balcony.
All of the band members except Lindsey hung around the lobby for about an hour after the show. Will is a sweet kid. My daughter asked him if he plays the guitar. He said his dad tried to teach him, but that it didn't work out. He is a really good looking kid (12 or 13 - not quite to that awkward teenage years) a combination of his mom and dad's good looks with really blue eyes.
I asked Neale about the instrumental pieces they play before the concert - he said they just recorded those while just sitting around a few years ago. I suggested they release them. He said that would be good bonus material.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris Mann with Lindsey after his show:

Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeds We Sow:

Lyrics guess:

soldiers of fortune they do conceal
everything they're afraid to show
everything they once [gave away] ? to steal
oh, the seeds we sow

soldiers of fortune in paradise
[have to tell] ? ourselves let go

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-23-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Great reporting from the show you guys...As usual Michele you take us there!

That Stars song is really really great... Love it!

So it was being taped or filmed? Were there cameras present.. or was this an audio taping only?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Filming

They had a professional film crew with four fixed camera locations, one overhead on a boom (crane) and two in the orchestra pit.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.