Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
3 hours ago
jokerstyle productions
Only 5 new songs?! I'm turning around and flying back home right now ... Well ok, maybe not... I'll take whatever he wants to give us tonight
Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Only 5 new songs?! I'm turning around and flying back home right now ... Well ok, maybe not... I'll take whatever he wants to give us tonight
I'm very happy for you elle! Enjoy! i'll think about you guys experiencing this!

Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Are you going to the show?
I will be there.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I will be there.
Alright! That's great!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eagerly anticipating the Ledgie reviews--especially deets about the 5 new songs.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im looking forward to hearing about the new songs with great anticipaton.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Setlist tweeted by Jokerstyle productions.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On my way home from the concert. Will write more later:

I have never seen such perfection and am not sure it exists outside of LB’s presence. Still, when Brett called him an American Treasure, I wasn’t sure if ... has Brett seen Mount Everest??

Here’s the setlist. I’ll just make up what I think is the title of the new songs:

1. Shut Us Down
2. Go Insane
3. Trouble
4. NGBA
5. Big Love
6. UTS
7. All My Sorrows
8. STILL IN MY MIND
9. PROCESS OF ILLUMINATION
10. Second Hand News
11. Tusk
12. STARS GONE CRAZY
13. END OF TIME
14. IN A DIFFERENT WORLD
15. I’m So Afraid
16. GYOW
17. Turn It On
18. Treason
19. SEEDS WE SOW

He didn’t have to do any songs twice.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I have never seen such perfection and am not sure it exists outside of LB’s presence. Still, when Brett called him an American Treasure, I wasn’t sure if ... has Brett seen Mount Everest??

Here’s the setlist. I’ll just make up what I think is the title of the new songs:

1. Shut Us Down
2. Go Insane
3. Trouble
4. NGBA
5. Big Love
6. UTS
7. All My Sorrows
8. STILL IN MY MIND
10. Second Hand News
11. Tusk
12. STARS GONE CRAZY
13. END OF TIME
14. IN A DIFFERENT WORLD
15. I’m So Afraid
16. GYOW
17. Turn It On
18. Treason
19. SEEDS WE SOW

Wow. Thank you. Can't wait to hear more!

I was wondering what Sorrows was, nice to see him do two tracks from OotC.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

1. Shut Us Down
2. Go Insane
3. Trouble
4. NGBA
5. Big Love
6. UTS
7. All My Sorrows
8. STILL IN MY MIND
10. Second Hand News
11. Tusk
12. STARS GONE CRAZY
13. END OF TIME
14. IN A DIFFERENT WORLD
15. I’m So Afraid
16. GYOW
17. Turn It On
18. Treason
19. SEEDS WE SOW

Thank you, thank you, thank you Michele. I was waiting patiently for a little something about tonight. I am so excited about reading how it all went. These song titles sound incredible.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIVE new songs! I am so blown away.

Michele...how did the new songs sound? Were they rockers? I am so glad he is doing Turn it On again!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ The fact that he went back to Cradle just makes me so happy. I love that perfect album so much. I am excited about these new songs!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David Wild from Rolling Stone magazine was at the show and tweeting the whole time. He had lots of good things to say about Lindsey. I guess "illumination" is a "pop-rocker" as he put it.

I wish he did "Love Runs Deeper" and "Try for the Sun" instead of "All my Sorrows" and "Treason."
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another quickie, before I get on the freeway.

Lindsey gave a very cute intro. He came out to a standing ovation and said, “Save it. Save it. You can stand up when I make a more formal appearance.” He said he was just coming out now, informally, to let us know what was going on. The show is being taped for a DVD. The DVD and the album and the tour that goes with it won’t come out until September. So, this is all in preparation and there will be some moments of artifice that we’ll witness. He said that there will be some times when he won’t know what to say and he might have to consult his notes [he was joking, that never happened]. So, he said he was going to leave and when he comes back out, we can stand up again and clap. “This never happened,” he cautioned us, before disappearing.

His voice was strong and powerful. He slowed down the temple for Go Insane and sang it in a deeper tone, which kind of took me by surprise, not sure if I liked that as much as the other arrangement.

All of the new songs seemed to be about lost love, yearning. I’m sure someone recorded them, but I didn’t try. They were all rockers except for the title song.

All My Sorrows with Neale and Brett sounded very Beach Boyish and lovely.

Lindsey said he didn’t plan on doing an album. He thought something else would be happening, but the time opened up and he found a way to fill it. He thinks it turned out to be the best music of his career.

I only have a sketchy idea of what some of the lyrics to the songs were. Don’t read it if you don’t want to spoil the beauty of what the songs actually say, but I just thought I’d post my meandering, so as not to forget it. It’s a long way between here and September after all.

STILL IN MY MIND, There’s a fire still burning. Some days I dream she’s hiding outside my door. She used to come, not anymore. We crossed a line. It wouldn’t make a difference. Seasons turning. In a while she’ll make it snow. This time she’s gone for good, I already know. From the fire we were _____ in our own time. Wouldn’t make a difference. We crossed the line.

PROCESS OF ILLUMINATION: Meet me up at the station. Strange sensation. One less ____ to believe in. One less trick of the mind.

STARS GONE CRAZY [this was myy favorite. I don’t even know if the second word he was saying was “gone” though]. Sometimes you fantasize, wondering if you could have tried, wondering in the middle of the night if the stars have gone crazy.

END OF TIME: When we get to the other side, maybe we’ll make amends. When they finally come to bury her, maybe then she’ll tell the truth.

IN A DIFFERENT WORLD had some questionable lyrics because he repeated words in childish fashion: I’d like to take the pain away, away, away. I’d like to take the shame away, away, away. I have to go away, away, away. I’ll always keep you in my heart. Even though we’re apart. My love for you is strong.

SEEDS WE SOW: Penny arcade of Edgar Alan Poe [groan]. Oh, ta ta ta, Oh ta, ta, tah [yikes]. I dreamed you reached for me in the night. Touched me soft and slow. Everything was wrong, but everything was right. Ooooh, the seeds we sow. [very nice crooning]

More to come later.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
David Wild from Rolling Stone magazine was at the show and tweeting the whole time. He had lots of good things to say about Lindsey. I guess "illumination" is a "pop-rocker" as he put it.

I wish he did "Love Runs Deeper" and "Try for the Sun" instead of "All my Sorrows" and "Treason."
I think his performance of GOS was great and am sorry he did not do that for this DVD. I wanted it captured. Why I need another Big Love . . . I'm not sure.

New songs sounded terrific. If I'd seen him for the first time tonight, I'd become a fan all over again.